Page 395 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 2953453853933943953963974054454958951395 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'm putting in an offer on a house later today. Please send good vibes that the offer is either accepted, or the counter is reasonable.

Thanks!
    Good vibes from PA!! I would think they'd be glad for the action given the current state of the markets... Go get 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Good vibes from PA!! I would think they'd be glad for the action given the current state of the markets... Go get 'em!!
    I'm banking on that. The house has been on the market for 78 days and has been reduced twice. Also, the seller has already moved out and living her new life in VA. Thus am really hoping/counting on all these things to be in my favor. Hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse. I hate it when I do that.

On a slightly wacky tangent, here is one of my financial fantasies: Once in my life I want to buy a car, a house, or some other big-ticket item, and pay for it with cash money. I wouldn't tell anyone ahead of time; just show up for the appointment, unlock a briefcase, and start stacking bricks of money on the table. And then ask for change and a receipt. That would be fun. Mrs Turk would probably lock me up, but it would be worth it just to see what would happen...

Good vibes to you Tilly. I hope that, if they counter, it is like the one I got when I bought - $250 over my offer. No back and forth at all - it was great.

Also, thanks for the Christmas card - the cats are great!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good vibes to you Tilly. I hope that, if they counter, it is like the one I got when I bought - $250 over my offer. No back and forth at all - it was great.

Also, thanks for the Christmas card - the cats are great!
    I like that counter and can live with it.

Glad you liked the card. My little darlin's. As I'm flying to Maryland tonight instead of driving with them tomorrow, this is going to be my first Christmas without them. I'm kind of sad. Especially since Katie is so old, and she and Spence have colds. Poor little things.

I'm putting in an offer on a house later today. Please send good vibes that the offer is either accepted, or the counter is reasonable.

Thanks!
    Huge, wonderful buy your first house vibes coming your way!!! Go Tilly!!!

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    On a slightly wacky tangent, here is one of my financial fantasies: Once in my life I want to buy a car, a house, or some other big-ticket item, and pay for it with cash money. I wouldn't tell anyone ahead of time; just show up for the appointment, unlock a briefcase, and start stacking bricks of money on the table. And then ask for change and a receipt. That would be fun. Mrs Turk would probably lock me up, but it would be worth it just to see what would happen...
    Well, I've come close. This past summer and for this upcoming summer, I've bought round the world airline tickets. They cost me roughly 6,000,000 Korean Won(about $5500 for the one last summer, $4200 for the one for this upcoming summer... got to love a strengthening dollar). Since I had a ton of Won in my Korean bank account(over 10,000,000) and no credit card or anything linked to that account... I withdrew the cash and paid in cash. To add to the oddity of it, the largest bill in Korea is 10,000(around $7 these days). So I had 6 bricks of 100 10,000 won bills. And yes, on the subway to the ticket agency I was holding onto my backpack for dear life.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Best of house buying vibes Tilly! When you get it, put carpets on the walls so the kitties can climb everywhere.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Holy cow! As a new St. Louisan, I can tell you that yesterday was the coldest day that I have experienced since I moved here in May. Wind chill was below zero. I was wearing a down coat and hat and was still cold. He must been really miserable in a hoodie, t-shirt, and jeans.
    The nice thing is that he hasn't complained about the shivery temperatures here in N.C. He's still reeling from the freezing MISERY of St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Best of house buying vibes Tilly! When you get it, put carpets on the walls so the kitties can climb everywhere.
    That would look odd considering there isn't even carpeting on the floors. Yup, hardwood floors baby. I'm lovin' it.

I think of Throaty as our resident St Louis expert. I wonder if he'll take offense at the "St. Louis, MISERY" joke, or chip in saying, "Nah, it's not even cold yet - wait until January, you rookies!!"
    I would have a hard time living in a climate that required socks.

I KNOW I'm a rookie!

That would look odd considering there isn't even carpeting on the floors. Yup, hardwood floors baby. I'm lovin' it.
    I want to see "your" house. Can you PM me a link to the listing?

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Well, I've come close. This past summer and for this upcoming summer, I've bought round the world airline tickets. They cost me roughly 6,000,000 Korean Won(about $5500 for the one last summer, $4200 for the one for this upcoming summer... got to love a strengthening dollar). Since I had a ton of Won in my Korean bank account(over 10,000,000) and no credit card or anything linked to that account... I withdrew the cash and paid in cash. To add to the oddity of it, the largest bill in Korea is 10,000(around $7 these days). So I had 6 bricks of 100 10,000 won bills. And yes, on the subway to the ticket agency I was holding onto my backpack for dear life.
    And to show my age - I remember when the 10,000 won notes were introduced. Prior to that 500 won was the largest denomination. Mom would ask Dad to bring home a couple of inches of money. (500won at the time was about $1.25)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And to show my age - I remember when the 10,000 won notes were introduced. Prior to that 500 won was the largest denomination. Mom would ask Dad to bring home a couple of inches of money. (500won at the time was about $1.25)
    And I'm not even going to ask what Dad had to do to "bring home a couple of inches of money"... I think I already know the answer and it's buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Gives new meaning to the term "wall-to-wall", eh? I'm thinking a nice apricot gold shag would work well and could be trend-setting... Add a few lava lamps and some black-light posters and it would be way cool, man...

Gives new meaning to the term "wall-to-wall", eh? I'm thinking a nice apricot gold shag would work well and could be trend-setting... Add a few lava lamps and some black-light posters and it would be way cool, man...
    Party at Tilly's new house!

Hmmm, apricot rug and lava lamps. Never thought of that. Thanks for the input.

Hmmm, apricot rug and lava lamps. Never thought of that. Thanks for the input.
    Sounds like you're taking that input to the house...haha, I love my own jokes.

Thanks!
    Good vibes comin' your way! Best of luck!

Major vibes, Tilly!