Page 1643 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 64311431543159316331641164216431644164516531693174321432643 ... LastLast
Results 32,841 to 32,860 of 67415
    Did you catch Sarah Fuller scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Onions?
    Yes of course! Garlic etc the whole shebang

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Did you catch Sarah Fuller scoring?
    Yes, I'm glad she got the chance and that she made it!

Slow day. A wink of snow tomorrow and a full snow make out session Wednesday, apparently. Philly hasn't had 1+ inch of snow in 650+ days, which I believe is the second longest gap on record. That's looking like it'll change in a few days.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Drewsk turned 27 today. We celebrated pandemic style with a home cooked dinner, birthday cake, and a Zoom session with the grandparents.

Thunder!

So . . . snow within ten days?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    THUNDER!

nah nah nah NAH nah nah naaaah nah . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Drewsk turned 27 today. We celebrated pandemic style with a home cooked dinner, birthday cake, and a Zoom session with the grandparents.
    Wow, he's that old?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Must be a local thing?

Must be a local thing?
    Supposedly, in the South, if it thunders during the winter, it will snow within 10 days. There is actually some kind of meteorological explanation to this. Maybe BostonDevil's son can chime in on this. Or completely de-bunk it, whichever.

Wow, he's that old?
    Yeah, I know! I mean, I'm not sure how he's worked that particular magic since I'm not 27 years older than when I had him, but, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, I know! I mean, I'm not sure how he's worked that particular magic since I'm not 27 years older than when I had him, but, there it is.
    how was the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    how was the drive?
    Uneventful, just how I like 'em. We stopped in West Lebanon both ways and got hot chocolates at the Starbucks. I needed the pick me up. We were the only Starbucks customers who did not use the drive through both times. When everyone is masked and I'm in a retail establishment for less than 10 minutes, I don't get nervous. I find it's usually much faster at a place like Starbucks to go inside as long as there is no line. I won't go in if there is a line of more than 2 people.

There is something deeply satisfying about eating a braut with too many caramelized onions and too much sauerkraut to fit in the bun.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    There is something deeply satisfying about eating a braut with too many caramelized onions and too much sauerkraut to fit in the bun.
    Son of weezie has a way of grilling the brauts for stripes then stewing them in kraut onions and beer in a pan on the grill. Makes his mother proud.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Son of weezie has a way of grilling the brauts for stripes then stewing them in kraut onions and beer in a pan on the grill. Makes his mother proud.
    Interesting. I’ve usually par-boiled in beer first, and then browned on a grill or cast iron skillet with onions.

I will admit though — being a Irish-American guy who grew up in New England and then the South, brauts are not in my instinctive wheelhouse. Always willing to try new tricks!

May have to try both methods side-by-side and have a taste-off. When I can have folks over again, of course!

DCMDVA RUN to the store! Run run run, clog the aisles and panic!

That way we'll only get a dusting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You could have stopped before “with” and had me nodding vigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    DCMDVA RUN to the store! Run run run, clog the aisles and panic!

That way we'll only get a dusting.
    What does a "snow day" look like for kids in the Zoom era? Do we need a bunch of people losing power?

-jk

definitely a Bread and Milk warning up the East Coast, NYC with perhaps 8-14 inches of snow, Al Roker's neck veins are bulging.

On the Brat front, Mrs. Womble just brought home some outstanding Switchback Beer Brats, most marvelous with peppers and onions...