Page 142 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 42921321401411421431441521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Interesting. Impressive. But why? I was hoping for bacon, omelet, toast, something to eat at least!

Yeah, true. Still it was ballsy to use the slinky. I never could get those things to go straight. Chessboard was innovative too.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hey, has anyone else noticed that this thread is really long?

Yeah, that's why I figured it was a good place to try out my new avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    Yeah, that's why I figured it was a good place to try out my new avatar.
    And an excellent avatar it is.

Nice pic -- did you take it?

500 odd posts

Bummer to go from Starter, to Danny Ferry (one of the first Duke players I can remember cheering for), to Starter so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Bummer to go from Starter, to Danny Ferry (one of the first Duke players I can remember cheering for), to Starter so quickly.

The glory of being someone else is quite ephemeral.

Wink Speaking of ephemeral

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The glory of being someone else is quite ephemeral.
    Watch out Ymo! You are rapidly approaching Jumbo and Johnny Dawkins!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And an excellent avatar it is.

Nice pic -- did you take it?
    My husband took it yesterday. Chipper (the dog) was sitting at his feet on the floor of the car on he way back from a friend's house.

To paraphrase something Garfield once said of Odie, with a tongue that big there must not be much room in there for a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    My husband took it yesterday. Chipper (the dog) was sitting at his feet on the floor of the car on he way back from a friend's house.

To paraphrase something Garfield once said of Odie, with a tongue that big there must not be much room in there for a brain!
    Pets, with brains much smaller than mine, seem to get the best of me. I guess it isn't all about intelligence.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    yea, but lots of cool player memories in the 500 range IIRC (that was sooo long ago) (had to post something on this thread so I could move back on to the 1st page)

With the LTE lagging a bit of late, I think it's time for us to remember the thread's heritage. In that spirit, I offer the following question:

Would you rather have a 10-inch tail or a duck that followed six feet behind you everywhere you went?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    With the LTE lagging a bit of late, I think it's time for us to remember the thread's heritage. In that spirit, I offer the following question:

Would you rather have a 10-inch tail or a duck that followed six feet behind you everywhere you went?
    Neither of the above, I don't use GEICO or AFLAC for anything. GEICO is merely Progressive with better marketing(see their recent move into Boat and Motorcycle insurance)and worse pricing skills. AFLAC, well they are just great marketing, in products that are nearly impossible to price = lots o' profits.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

Tail or Duck tail? Hmmm.

If I could minimize the 10" tail for dress-up occasions (don't want to ruin the lines of a lovely formal gown), then definitely. Especially if it was prehensile and useful.

Neither of the above, I don't use GEICO or AFLAC for anything. GEICO is merely Progressive with better marketing(see their recent move into Boat and Motorcycle insurance)and worse pricing skills. AFLAC, well they are just great marketing, in products that are nearly impossible to price = lots o' profits.
    Um, that's not an option...and the question has nothing to do with insurance. Therein lies the quandary.

Shoot, I was taking the easy way out. In that case, if I ever find myself in a situation, I would rather eat duck...

Shoot, I was taking the easy way out. In that case, if I ever find myself in a situation, I would rather eat duck...
    You're not very good at this game. There is no option of eliminating either item. The idea is that either the tail or the duck is permanent. Again, therein lies the quandary.

What type of duck? Cold duck? A mallard? Or one of those goofy white ducks with a yellow bill? If it was a very handsome mallard, then maybe the duck. Is a cormorant a duck? Those birds are awesome.

What is the angle of dangle of the tail? Does it stick out perpendicular to the spine, or is it parallel to spine? This matters a great deal for fashion. A tail that protrudes perpendicularly requires a hole in the pants (or skirt) and a hole in the undergarments. A parallel tail could be neatly tucked down along one leg.

I'm leaning toward the tail but really need a great deal more information.

lte

viaduct?

vi not a goose?

lte

just posting extra to stay ahead of Fish80 on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    What type of duck? Cold duck? A mallard? Or one of those goofy white ducks with a yellow bill? If it was a very handsome mallard, then maybe the duck. Is a cormorant a duck? Those birds are awesome.

What is the angle of dangle of the tail? Does it stick out perpendicular to the spine, or is it parallel to spine? This matters a great deal for fashion. A tail that protrudes perpendicularly requires a hole in the pants (or skirt) and a hole in the undergarments. A parallel tail could be neatly tucked down along one leg.

I'm leaning toward the tail but really need a great deal more information.
    The duck would be a "wild card" duck. It might be one of your handsome mallards, but it might be a white one. You won't find out until after you choose the duck.
    As for the tail, it would stick straight out from the body, but it would also be of sufficient heft that it would hang down pretty quickly after that. It could be tucked, but with a perpendicular portion at its base...does that make sense? There would be a slight protuberance in your pants/skirt. Not overtly obvious, but definitely noticeable should one's eyes pass over it. It would also have light hair...much like on, say, your forearms (if your forearms are of the hairier variety, then your tail would be too).
    So in sum, there would be definite drawbacks to both situation, but also, if you're twisted enough (*cough* EarlJam *cough*), a certain charm to each.