Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    The Kyrie situation has been questioned and answered here dozens of times. Might deserve a sticky?

We don't all agree on how we see him.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Reports say that is indeed the case, but if so, shouldn’t he at least tell the coach?
    I agree. How hard is it to call/text/smoke signal or whatever? I would think Nash would be more understanding than most coaches about such things. I am very supportive of athlete activism and engagement, but if this is so troublesome that you can't even bring yourself to pick up the phone for five seconds to send a text saying you can't make it to the game, then it is time for you to take a much longer timeout and seek mental health counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I agree. How hard is it to call/text/smoke signal or whatever? I would think Nash would be more understanding than most coaches about such things. I am very supportive of athlete activism and engagement, but if this is so troublesome that you can't even bring yourself to pick up the phone for five seconds to send a text saying you can't make it to the game, then it is time for you to take a much longer timeout and seek mental health counseling.
    He was somehow able to text his teammates and let them know of the situation.

He was somehow able to text his teammates and let them know of the situation.
    Correct. I was getting my info from this thread which made me think he hadn't reached out to anyone. Doing some research, it looks like he told someone in the organization and teammates that he wasn't coming for personal reasons. I still find this extremely problematic, but it is slightly better than not showing up and not telling anyone at all that you weren't coming, which was my prior understanding.

Everyone handles stress and trauma differently, so one generally should not judge. And as those who look at the election thread know, I am very passionate about my politics and current events so I could understand why the events that took place Wednesday were difficult to deal with emotionally. All that being said, if he is a citizen without any close personal relationship with someone who was directly involved or impacted by what happened Wednesday but has to just shut down his life for several days and virtually (though not completely) shut off contact with all of those around him so that he can deal with the situation, he really needs help. I hope he is getting it because he seems like a good person and I don't want to have him suffer from a life of depression, anxiety, or whatever else seems to be bothering him (I am not a doctor).

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm not crazy about making armchair diagnoses on former Duke players.

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How do you feel about armchair diagnoses on current Duke players?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    How do you feel about armchair diagnoses on current Duke players?
    I just hope that nobody starts making armchair diagnoses on current DBR posters. That might be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I just hope that nobody starts making armchair diagnoses on current DBR posters. That might be painful.
    Just head over to the Off-Topic Presidential Election thread. It happens a dozen times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Just head over to the Off-Topic Presidential Election thread. It happens a dozen times a day.
    Did you have to bring up Florida again? It’s kind of a sore subject, you know?

I agree. And beyond that, why should any of us be concerned about someone else’s work situation in regard to whether they properly called in sick or whatever? That matter is between the Brooklyn Nets, Coach Nash, and Kyrie Irving. It’s really not our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I agree. And beyond that, why should any of us be concerned about someone else’s work situation in regard to whether they properly called in sick or whatever? That matter is between the Brooklyn Nets, Coach Nash, and Kyrie Irving. It’s really not our business.
    If that’s your position then really nothing on this board is our business. Kind of defeats the purpose of message boards doesn’t it?

If that’s your position then really nothing on this board is our business. Kind of defeats the purpose of message boards doesn’t it?
    I don’t see it that way. This is simply an employee-employer matter of notification for absence. Not sure why you care about something like that.

Seriously, how far do you want to take it? Is Kyrie’s notification process for absence really something you should be concerned with?

Again, Kyrie is one of the most decisive topics on this board. We won't convince one another of our perspectives here and should probably move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don’t see it that way. This is simply an employee-employer matter of notification for absence. Not sure why you care about something like that.

Seriously, how far do you want to take it? Is Kyrie’s notification process for absence really something you should be concerned with?
    What am I allowed to be concerned about on this board and what am I not allowed? I’m curious

Again, Kyrie is one of the most decisive topics on this board. We won't convince one another of our perspectives here and should probably move along.
    Doesn’t matter who it is. When you get paid millions of dollars to play basketball and you just decide not to show up, the optics are terrible. Especially in times like these.

What am I allowed to be concerned about on this board and what am I not allowed? I’m curious
    You are allowed to be curious about whatever you wish. I’m simply wondering why you care about Kyrie Irving’s process of notification for employee absence. I just don’t really understand why something like that concerns you as much as it appears to do. That’s all. I’m not trying to cast aspersions. I’m just a bit perplexed.

Doesn’t matter who it is. When you get paid millions of dollars to play basketball and you just decide not to show up, the optics are terrible. Especially in times like these.
    Maybe he has a family issue. Maybe he's going through something. What is owed to you?

And yes, it does matter who it is. Are your own work absences analyzed in online forums?

I'm not saying he is a perfect human being. But this board defended Grayson through a lot of sketchy times. And people here sure don't like to afford Kyrie the same benefit of the doubt.

Would it make you feel better if he really did have a public mental health diagnosis?

Geez people. There's much more important things happening in the universe than a man who played at Duke taking a day off of work.

I'll shut up about it now, but consider that this DBR punching bag is a real human being and does a lot of good for the world. And yeah, he makes strange statements.

I was just worried he fell off the edge of the Earth

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    I was just worried he fell off the edge of the Earth
    😂😂😂😂

Not to change the subject, but...

JJ is having a great night, 4 for 5 from 3. 17 points? Looking like vintage JJ.

Zion's not doing half bad either.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."