Page 2562 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15622062246225122552256025612562256325642572261226623062 ... LastLast
Results 51,221 to 51,240 of 67398
    Snowing hard this morning here in WNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Snowing hard this morning here in WNC.
    Here in SEPA it is cold and blowing like UNC in their first game after playing Duke.

24F here in SA. Some people wanted to go to a car show this morning, not me.

42 in Pensacola where I was lecturing. Driving to Panama City Beach to meet my daughter for lunch, then headed home. Need to find a spot to watch the Duke game between Eufala, Alabama and Atlanta.

The yearly battle with the stinky house ants is afoot.

Semi marooned in fla with tornado watch wind watch t storm watch wind chill watch for tomorrow. May seek asylum.

Picked up a ticket for the game tonight. It's snowing now and sorta a mess, but I'm gambling that the roads will be fine later. If anyone here wants to put a face with the name, let me know and we can share details.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Picked up a ticket for the game tonight. It's snowing now and sorta a mess, but I'm gambling that the roads will be fine later. If anyone here wants to put a face with the name, let me know and we can share details.
    Awesomeness! Also Park Slope is one of my favorite neighborhoods in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I can do that without traveling!

But I’d love to be there too. Pull us through!

Federal, State and Local taxes done. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Federal, State and Local taxes done. Blech.
    Much easier living in Tejas...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Much easier living in Tejas...
    Been there done that but, yeah, it is. Pennsylvania is no bueno on that front.

The first year I lived in PA I had 0 idea about the local taxes and their forms frankly look like someone is trying to sell me a cash-out mortgage deal. SOOOoooo, I completely ignored it...and kept ignoring it...and ended up several years behind. It seems ridiculous now but I essentially discounted the forms out of hand...like getting a Nigerian prince asking for a wire advance.

Meanwhile I am marooned this afternoon in a Spectrum tech support chat on my computer. I started with Elizabeth, got disconnected, reconnected with Antoinette.

I think I have Antoinette to understand my problem, but she's been away now for about 15 minutes, "looking into this." I hope I haven't lost here too.

I think Spectrum online chat has a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Meanwhile I am marooned this afternoon in a Spectrum tech support chat on my computer. I started with Elizabeth, got disconnected, reconnected with Antoinette.

I think I have Antoinette to understand my problem, but she's been away now for about 15 minutes, "looking into this." I hope I haven't lost here too.

If she comes back, you may want to mention how you can help her with the Extended Warranty on her automobile.

Trees down all over Asheville. 50mph gusts and some snow on the limbs. That'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Trees down all over Asheville. 50mph gusts and some snow on the limbs. That'll do it.
    One of my co-workers is planning on moving there later this year. House being built...

One of my co-workers is planning on moving there later this year. House being built...
    Maybe after today rebuilt?

Hope they have a ton of money stashed away.

Cost of living in Asheville has skyrocketed in the last ten to fifteen years.

Completed the text chat session(s) with Spectrum. 3 hours total. I had what I thought was a simple problem, but it is now escalated to a place I can't access. If the problem isn't corrected in 24 hours they gave me a phone number to call. I'm sure that will go well.

During various sessions and after various disconnections I corresponded with:

Elizabeth - I described the problem. - started at 2:00 PM
    Antoinette - who seemed to understand - started at 2:59 PM
    Noel - Never saw that chat in real time. - started at 3:30 PM
    Katie - Never saw that chat in real time. - started at 3:40 PM
    Desiree - Said I needed to swap out the modem. I’m not sure why since it involved CLOUD DVR. - started at 3:50 PM
    After more discussion Desiree escalated the problem. I am waiting to see if it will be resolved.
    It’s now 4:358 PM so I spent 3 hours on the chat(s).

Note: All chat monikers are female names. I have no idea of the actual gender of any of them.

Completed the text chat session(s) with Spectrum. 3 hours total. I had what I thought was a simple problem, but it is now escalated to a place I can't access. If the problem isn't corrected in 24 hours they gave me a phone number to call. I'm sure that will go well.

During various sessions and after various disconnections I corresponded with:

Elizabeth - I described the problem. - started at 2:00 PM
    Antoinette - who seemed to understand - started at 2:59 PM
    Noel - Never saw that chat in real time. - started at 3:30 PM
    Katie - Never saw that chat in real time. - started at 3:40 PM
    Desiree - Said I needed to swap out the modem. I’m not sure why since it involved CLOUD DVR. - started at 3:50 PM
    After more discussion Desiree escalated the problem. I am waiting to see if it will be resolved.
    It’s now 4:358 PM so I spent 3 hours on the chat(s).

Note: All chat monikers are female names. I have no idea of the actual gender of any of them.
    Well, if it gets serious with any of them, make sure to ask for a headshot AND a full body shot.
    Let's go Duke!