Page 2895 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1895239527952845288528932894289528962897290529452995 ... LastLast
Results 57,881 to 57,900 of 67648
    May suddenly have more free time...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Is there a Karen Building at Duke?
    I think there are a few rooms in the library.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That doesn't sound good.

Uh oh. Hopefully not job related?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    That doesn't sound good.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Uh oh. Hopefully not job related?
    Well, they presented a new org chart and my team of 150+ wasn't on it. So...if not now, soon.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 01-11-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Is there a Karen Building at Duke?
    No, but Stanford would prefer you call it the "demanding or entitled white woman" building.

Well, they presented a new org chart and my team of 150+ wasn't on it. So...if not now, soon.
    That sucks. What would happen if your group were gone?

Fingers crossed that it is an oversight.

That sucks. What would happen if your group were gone?
    I'll have some free time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fingers crossed that it is an oversight.
    They managed to account for a few groups of 10 to 20 people. So, I think they just hadn't decided yet how to handle us, ran out of time and so we were left out.

They need to hit numbers so someone will be the odd group/team/person out.

They managed to account for a few groups of 10 to 20 people. So, I think they just hadn't decided yet how to handle us, ran out of time and so we were left out.

They need to hit numbers so someone will be the odd group/team/person out.
    You’re in insurance, right? I’ve seen plenty of news about tech and banking. Lots of prep on assumption of recession. Tons of consultants at my employer are not on active assignment which isn’t a great sign either.

You’re in insurance, right? I’ve seen plenty of news about tech and banking. Lots of prep on assumption of recession. Tons of consultants at my employer are not on active assignment which isn’t a great sign either.
    I changed jobs last year to a large "tech" company whose primary business is getting goods to you without a physical store presence. I've been concerned since Day 1 about its health as I saw classic old school bloat similar to my days in manufacturing. But the $$$ are good while it lasts.

My Cameron experience last night.

The two seats on front of us are often empty and when occupied, are rarely occupied by the same people twice in a season. Been this way for many years. No clue who owns them.
    Last night, a father and daughter were in the two seats to the left of these (also our former other two seats before we dialed back a long time ago). They seemed happy sitting there until a 350+lb guy comes in on the left and takes over half her space. I had my coat in the seat in front of me, but removed it so the father could move over and she could be set free.

Late in the first half, an usher coming from the next section over asks about the other empty seat b/c there are two guys looking for their seats. Father and daughter have to shift back over and the two guys crawl over from the wrong entrance to get to the seats. The one on the left complaining as if it was everyone else's fault that they couldn't find their seats.

They looked like they were left over from the Hell's Angels that used to run in Durham back in the 70s. They sat down and leaned so far forward that the two elderly ladies to the right of them could not possibly see down court. This is an issue since we sit towards the corner, but usually everyone is courteous and aware of when they are blocking someone else's view. Not these guys, and the one on the left rested his hand on his knee so that his scaly, scabby elbow was literally in the face of the father to the left.

At halftime, they got up and a full three inches of left guy's butt crack was right in front of us. We were grossing out, but I really felt sorry for the elderly ladies b/c they got even more up close and personal with it when he passed on front of them (again, going the long way out through the wrong concourse exit). I am betting the one lady was wishing she had kept her mask on! The father/daughter team left before halftime, BTW, and never returned. I really hope they just sat somewhere else as there were quite a few empty seats last night.

Later, when Duke started coming back and the Duke students were chanting STAND UP! STAND UP! we were yelling, NO, NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOO!!!!!! b/c every time he stood, we got mooned. Plus he was digging in his ear then eating his hamburger with the same hand, and I was fully expecting to see something crawl out of his hair.

Oh, and there was a game, too! Go Duke! I guess I got my $114 worth last night.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The two seats on front of us are often empty and when occupied, are rarely occupied by the same people twice in a season. Been this way for many years. No clue who owns them.
    Last night, a father and daughter were in the two seats to the left of these (also our former other two seats before we dialed back a long time ago). They seemed happy sitting there until a 350+lb guy comes in on the left and takes over half her space. I had my coat in the seat in front of me, but removed it so the father could move over and she could be set free.

Late in the first half, an usher coming from the next section over asks about the other empty seat b/c there are two guys looking for their seats. Father and daughter have to shift back over and the two guys crawl over from the wrong entrance to get to the seats. The one on the left complaining as if it was everyone else's fault that they couldn't find their seats.

They looked like they were left over from the Hell's Angels that used to run in Durham back in the 70s. They sat down and leaned so far forward that the two elderly ladies to the right of them could not possibly see down court. This is an issue since we sit towards the corner, but usually everyone is courteous and aware of when they are blocking someone else's view. Not these guys, and the one on the left rested his hand on his knee so that his scaly, scabby elbow was literally in the face of the father to the left.

At halftime, they got up and a full three inches of left guy's butt crack was right in front of us. We were grossing out, but I really felt sorry for the elderly ladies b/c they got even more up close and personal with it when he passed on front of them (again, going the long way out through the wrong concourse exit). I am betting the one lady was wishing she had kept her mask on! The father/daughter team left before halftime, BTW, and never returned. I really hope they just sat somewhere else as there were quite a few empty seats last night.

Later, when Duke started coming back and the Duke students were chanting STAND UP! STAND UP! we were yelling, NO, NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOO!!!!!! b/c every time he stood, we got mooned. Plus he was digging in his ear then eating his hamburger with the same hand, and I was fully expecting to see something crawl out of his hair.

Oh, and there was a game, too! Go Duke! I guess I got my $114 worth last night.
    Ewwwwwww! That sounds like a Seinfeld scene

Cameron was built when the average American, um, width was a lot smaller. It can get crowded in there!

A few years ago, I sat next to a couple enormous BC football-playing alums/NFL players.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Cameron was built when the average American, um, width was a lot smaller. It can get crowded in there!

A few years ago, I sat next to a couple enormous BC football-playing alums/NFL players.

-jk
    Yes, I am betting that quite a few people come out of those seats with bruises the next day!

Not when I was there, but the name has gained in popularity* of late.

*notoriety
    My sister's name is Karen. She was explaining to me the level of oppression she feels and suffering she has experienced from having that name. I did not offer my immediate reaction, which was that this perspective sounded a lot like... well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My sister's name is Karen. She was explaining to me the level of oppression she feels and suffering she has experienced from having that name. I did not offer my immediate reaction, which was that this perspective sounded a lot like... well, you know.

Stereotypes typically start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Stereotypes typically start somewhere.
    The ones that gain traction at least.

funny watching games on TV from new arenas where there aisles are numerous and huge, nearly as much open space as there is seating. Indeed, Cameron was built for the average 140 lb 1940 butt, not the buttosauruses you see everywhere today.