Page 2892 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 1892239227922842288228902891289228932894290229422992 ... LastLast
Results 57,821 to 57,840 of 67751
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    An acquaintance passed away. I will miss her a lot.
    I'm sorry to hear that Ymo.

An acquaintance passed away. I will miss her a lot.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Ymo.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Thanks, I'm at a loss for the moment. Doing normal things like middle of the night Wordle, but this is definitely impacting me.

Thanks, I'm at a loss for the moment. Doing normal things like middle of the night Wordle, but this is definitely impacting me.
    So sorry Ymo. I know it's hard.

Sorry to hear. Grief can be a brutal bear. Take care of yourself.

Weird stuff happens on the road man. Traveling is weird. The other team shoots better and plays with more intensity. You're out if your routine. The rims are different. The temperature is different. Road games are HARD. In high school the 2nd and 3rd best team in our conference were really good. We had more success at the state level (1 state championship and another finals appearance). But they were excellent and had top 10 teams in the state as well. And both made a Final 4 (we beat one of them on a halfcourt buzzer beater or one of them would have made a final). So my teams went 2-6 against them at their place and 7-1 at ours. No surprise. But we also (and so did they) lost to the last place team on the road a couple of years. Because road games are HARD.
    I mention this a lot on pregame threads when people opine "we should win easily." Except for our very top teams (and sometimes even then) ACC road wins are just plain tough...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I mention this a lot on pregame threads when people opine "we should win easily." Except for our very top teams (and sometimes even then) ACC road wins are just plain tough...
    I get the Jim Sumner emails. His response was that better Duke teams have lost on the road to teams worse than BC.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't think it's always about the specific team, game, players and coaches.

For example, NC State football has no business losing to a schools like Wake Forest or Duke. Neither Duke nor Wake take football all that seriously. Admit it, football is second place at best. Maybe third place at Wake behind baseball, or even fourth place at Duke behind WBB and Lacrose. Ok, maybe a bit of poking there...but you understand my point. You don't get the 55k fans to sell out your football stadium. When you host nearby rivals, your stadium could see as many away fans as home team fans. It's not about the talent on the field that causes fans to make these comments, it's about the culture of the schools.

State fans pride ourselves on being almost not mediocre at football where outside of some exceptional Grobe years at Wake and every now and then at Duke, no one would consider those teams to be even mediocre.

It's a bit like a UNC basketball fan saying "we should win easily" when we play NC State in basketball. They believe it with every fiber of their being that they are not only better than NC State, but vastly better. To lose is an indication that something is not right with the universe.

Of course, we all know that pride goeth before the fall, which makes upsets so much fun. To see the braggart humbled.

Just saw Idiot Neighbor #1 chewed out by one of our nice neighbors, very fun and gratifying.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

For example, NC State football has no business losing to a schools like Wake Forest or Duke. Neither Duke nor Wake take football all that seriously. Admit it, football is second place at best. Maybe third place at Wake behind baseball, or even fourth place at Duke behind WBB and Lacrose. Ok, maybe a bit of poking there...but you understand my point. You don't get the 55k fans to sell out your football stadium. When you host nearby rivals, your stadium could see as many away fans as home team fans. It's not about the talent on the field that causes fans to make these comments, it's about the culture of the schools.

State fans pride ourselves on being almost not mediocre at football where outside of some exceptional Grobe years at Wake and every now and then at Duke, no one would consider those teams to be even mediocre.

It's a bit like a UNC basketball fan saying "we should win easily" when we play NC State in basketball. They believe it with every fiber of their being that they are not only better than NC State, but vastly better. To lose is an indication that something is not right with the universe.

Of course, we all know that pride goeth before the fall, which makes upsets so much fun. To see the braggart humbled.
    Wait. So TCU's success isn't a sign that Duke can compete for a national championship?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

Football is second place, at best, in the entire ACC. No school that claims to care more about football than basketball belongs in the ACC. So, while I agree with your point that neither Duke not Wake take football all that seriously, neither does NC State. If they did, they'd join the SEC. Granted, because of all the brain damage, I don't think Duke should have a football team at all. I feel the same way about NC State. Taking football seriously is for the brain damaged - and the SEC.

That looks familiar

Schoolhouse Rock turned 50 on Friday. Where did the time go?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Where did the time go?
    EAB8E128-6CCB-41E5-8DB9-0D7948EFCA19.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Schoolhouse Rock turned 50 on Friday. Where did the time go?
    Thanks for posting this! I am in Lolly, Lolly, Lolly and I almost forgot my adverbs!!!!!

As you can tell from my current avatar, I’m a fan.

I feel like the Aerosmith vs The Eagles thread is mostly a listing of made up bands I have never heard of. Some of them I have heard mention of, but have no idea about their music. Case in point: Jothro Tull was mentioned. No idea. I know a decent amount about Jethro Pugh (Cowboys football player Bart Starr ran over in the Ice Bowl). But nothing about the other dude. Also that devolved into groups everyone liked best. That could have been a fun discussion. Instead they made it turkey.

Y’all seen that infrared video of a cat farting on a bed?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Y’all seen that infrared video of a cat farting on a bed?
    Is this the name of a classic rock band?

Is this the name of a classic rock band?
    Oh, yeah. Big influence on Nugent.