Page 2891 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1891239127912841288128892890289128922893290129412991 ... LastLast
Results 57,801 to 57,820 of 67660
    Still have the lead 8 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Still have the lead 8 minutes in.
    Tied at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I took my kids when they were 14 and 12. And I pointed out that there were Mennonites and Amish there. And my daughter asked me if the Amish girls thought the Mennonite girls dress like whores because they were allowed to wear more colorful, frumpish outfits. It was one of the early signs that she was more intellectually advanced than her parents.
    That's funny. Easy to keep the two groups separate as the Mennonites are the ones who make the deodorant and the Amish grow the peaches.

Interesting fact (this one happens to be true) that some Amish are migrating up our way because they like the price of land...not sure how the vehicles will fare in the mud, though.

I took my kids when they were 14 and 12. And I pointed out that there were Mennonites and Amish there. And my daughter asked me if the Amish girls thought the Mennonite girls dress like whores because they were allowed to wear more colorful, frumpish outfits. It was one of the early signs that she was more intellectually advanced than her parents.
    I believe they would use the word STRUMPET.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Strumpet sounds like something delicious you’d buy from a bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Strumpet sounds like something delicious you’d buy from a bakery.
    If you're discerning, part of that can be true.

Jesus. Some of the folks on the basketball side should have all the sharp objects and shoe strings removed. Basketball literally put food on our table growing up. It can't mean more to them than me. But damn. Lighten up Francis.

Jesus. Some of the folks on the basketball side should have all the sharp objects and shoe strings removed. Basketball literally put food on our table growing up. It can't mean more to them than me. But damn. Lighten up Francis.
    I haven't been over there because I've learned that after losses or lackluster performances, people overreact grotesquely...sounds like what they're up to now. I'll eat some lamb instead.

I admit to not being happy with the game but, Jiminy Crickets, I don't think we are going to lose the rest of the games this season.

As usual after a loss or less than stellar performance, I am disappointed for the team but not disappointed in them.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I haven't been over there because I've learned that after losses or lackluster performances, people overreact grotesquely...sounds like what they're up to now. I'll eat some lamb instead.
    Weird stuff happens on the road man. Traveling is weird. The other team shoots better and plays with more intensity. You're out if your routine. The rims are different. The temperature is different. Road games are HARD. In high school the 2nd and 3rd best team in our conference were really good. We had more success at the state level (1 state championship and another finals appearance). But they were excellent and had top 10 teams in the state as well. And both made a Final 4 (we beat one of them on a halfcourt buzzer beater or one of them would have made a final). So my teams went 2-6 against them at their place and 7-1 at ours. No surprise. But we also (and so did they) lost to the last place team on the road a couple of years. Because road games are HARD.

Tied at the half.
    3 pt loss on the road, overall not a bad showing.

Glad to escape Chestnut Hill with the W.

Hmmm. Not sure. There’s some pretty cool stuff and I haven’t tried it all. We brought some Dinic’s roast pork and roast beef home + baked goods. Yum!
    Now you’re talking AC’s language.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I like strumpets almost as much as like Krimpets.

Well, this absolutely stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Now you’re talking AC’s language.
    Everything was just lovely. The provolone that dinic's uses is amazing. I could do bad things to it.

Well, this absolutely stinks.
    Back to the honeymoon thing again?

Everything was just lovely. The provolone that dinic's uses is amazing. I could do bad things to it.
    I thought I was the only one who thought about indecent liberties with cheese.

I thought I was the only one who thought about indecent liberties with cheese.
    Oh, precious, you’re a horse not a unicorn. How you think Swiss got all those holes?

Oh, precious, you’re a horse not a unicorn. How you think Swiss got all those holes?
    Bad life choices. Like Mennonite girls.

Back to the honeymoon thing again?

An acquaintance passed away. I will miss her a lot.