Page 2425 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 14251925232523752415242324242425242624272435247525252925 ... LastLast
Results 48,481 to 48,500 of 67414
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I kind of hesitated when I started reading off the total and he quickly interjected to add a small fry.
    Nice up-sell!

I kind of hesitated when I started reading off the total and he quickly interjected to add a small fry.
    Chick-fil-A, of all places, should be well equipped to deal with the sign of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Chick-fil-A, of all places, should be well equipped to deal with the sign of the beast.
    I've been trying to remember for years what the "Devil's Order" was. Only happened once in probably 2-4 years of running a register there (forget exactly how long it was before my long, scruffy college hair was relegated to the kitchen) so it was an unusual paring of items I think.

I've been trying to remember for years what the "Devil's Order" was. Only happened once in probably 2-4 years of running a register there (forget exactly how long it was before my long, scruffy college hair was relegated to the kitchen) so it was an unusual paring of items I think.
    Chicken soup and coleslaw?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Chicken soup and coleslaw?
    If that wasn't it it should have been. I would say the chicken salad sandwich but even in the mid-oughts that thing was like 7 or 8 bucks.

But not on a Sunday!

If that wasn't it it should have been. I would say the chicken salad sandwich but even in the mid-oughts that thing was like 7 or 8 bucks.
    So I used to love that chicken salad sandwich.

So I used to love that chicken salad sandwich.
    It is perfectly sanitary . Just not worth the money, should be the least expensive item not the most.

It is perfectly sanitary . Just not worth the money, should be the least expensive item not the most.
    I remember thinking how expensive everything was there back when I was a poor 20 something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Granted I haven't been to any of the most famous natural landmarks out west (Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone), but I have driven through Texas and Arkansas and Kansas and Missouri and Indiana and Illinois and Colorado and Wisconsin and California and Oregon. (California and Oregon would make my top 10.) Looking out the car window from any place on the highway in Vermont beats any other state I've ever visited. If you want to claim that Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon has more natural beauty than any single location in Vermont, I won't argue. If you want to claim that because Arizona has the Grand Canyon or Wyoming has Yellowstone that the whole state is more naturally beautiful? Nah. All of Vermont is beautiful from the highway, not many states can claim that.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Nah, can't see us being number one, but I think we merit top 10 consideration...lots of beautiful states out there, California is really tough to beat all in all.

We are tentatively removing your probation (and resuming beer and cheese shipments) since you have shown sincere signs of remorse.
    I did include VT on my original short list of Eastern states (along with NC, ME and WV) for potential top 10 inclusion. And, I do have a preference for big empty spaces so tough for the East to compete.

I'll also disagree with BD that 'pound for pound' Vermont is more beautiful than states like Arizona or Wyoming. Both are much more than their most iconic spots. Granted, you have to like the spartan desert but Arizona and its red rocks are beautiful to me. Wyoming has plenty more to offer besides Yellowstone.

I think my unassailable top 6 are (in no order) Alaska, Hawaii, California, Utah, Montana and Colorado. After that, I'm choosing among WA, OR, AZ, NV, ID, NM, WY in the west and NC, WV, VT, and ME in the East to round out my top 10.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I did include VT on my original short list of Eastern states (along with NC, ME and WV) for potential top 10 inclusion. And, I do have a preference for big empty spaces so tough for the East to compete.

I'll also disagree with BD that 'pound for pound' Vermont is more beautiful than states like Arizona or Wyoming. Both are much more than their most iconic spots. Granted, you have to like the spartan desert but Arizona and its red rocks are beautiful to me. Wyoming has plenty more to offer besides Yellowstone.

I think my unassailable top 6 are (in no order) Alaska, Hawaii, California, Utah, Montana and Colorado. After that, I'm choosing among WA, OR, AZ, NV, ID, NM, WY in the west and NC, WV, VT, and ME in the East to round out my top 10.
    I don't have that preference.

Most of AZ is not red rocks(said the guy who grew up there). For the most part it is decidedly tan.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Most of AZ is not red rocks(said the guy who grew up there). For the most part it is decidedly tan.
    Didn’t say most of AZ was red rock country but, what, maybe a third of it is? The portion on the Colorado Plateau?

I do like the Sonoran Desert, too, and have camped far enough south in AZ to be stopped by the border patrol to have my car inspected. Enjoy Chiricahua and that area.

Certainly didn’t grow up there but I think all of the places I’ve been in it are pretty. But I’m a fan of Desert Solitaire (mostly not AZ, I know) and big empty spaces so no surprise I like the desert. It’s certainly not everyone’s c up if tea.

Shiprock, New Mexico is my favorite mission trip location. The people are wonderful and the scenery is gorgeous. It is very brown but the textures are amazing. There are some beautiful sunsets, too.

Shiprock 072318-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Shiprock, New Mexico is my favorite mission trip location. The people are wonderful and the scenery is gorgeous. It is very brown but the textures are amazing. There are some beautiful sunsets, too.

Shiprock 072318-1.jpg
    Yeah that is amazing. I have not spent any time in the desert Southwest.

That explains your tolerance for Eric Montross.

Yeah that is amazing. I have not spent any time in the desert Southwest.
    New Mexico may be the prettiest state in the country. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I hear that. Would love to visit and I hope to in the future. Just so much of my travel is for work. And I have loved every second of that. I get to travel, I don't have to travel for work.

Didn’t say most of AZ was red rock country but, what, maybe a third of it is? The portion on the Colorado Plateau?

I do like the Sonoran Desert, too, and have camped far enough south in AZ to be stopped by the border patrol to have my car inspected. Enjoy Chiricahua and that area.

Certainly didn’t grow up there but I think all of the places I’ve been in it are pretty. But I’m a fan of Desert Solitaire (mostly not AZ, I know) and big empty spaces so no surprise I like the desert. It’s certainly not everyone’s c up if tea.
    Not knocking the pick as I would put it in my Top 10. But much of AZ is at it's best following a rain shower. Where the tan gets hidden by an explosion of green. That's what I remember most from my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not knocking the pick as I would put it in my Top 10. But much of AZ is at it's best following a rain shower. Where the tan gets hidden by an explosion of green. That's what I remember most from my youth.
    Yes, the desert in bloom is gorgeous! I love all the hummingbirds out that way, too. We just have the ruby throaters out East.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I cannot spork but that was funny.