Page 2403 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 14031903230323532393240124022403240424052413245325032903 ... LastLast
Results 48,041 to 48,060 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've been to a couple of concerts that required vax proof in recent weeks. I'll be attending a couple of shows early next week in NYC that require proof of vaccination and are then mask-optional once inside.
    I won't mask in those places, not because I'm anti-mask, but because I've done everything I can do to protect myself, and I'll be in venues and a community (NYC on the whole) that saw first-hand the implications of overwhelming pandemic conditions and has in response been as diligent as possible in choosing to take individual precaution to help produce community safety. On the other hand, there are other places in my hometown and will be travel-related locations for me in the coming days where I'm asked to mask, and I'll do so without any fuss.
    For me, it's just time. There won't be a single "lightbulb moment" for us all, so I'm making my personal choice now that I'm comfortable.
    Mostly, but not exactly. I had dinner in Staten Island last night and while they checked for my vaccine card per NYC rules, there wasn't a mask in sight in the restaurant. The Manhattan vibe where all waitstaff wear masks is very different. I assume when you mentioned NYC you meant Manhattan so perhaps I'm picking nits.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-13-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Mostly, but not exactly. I had dinner in Staten Island last night and while they checked for my vaccine card per NYC rules, there wasn't a mask in sight in the restaurant. The Manhattan vibe where all waitstaff where masks is very different. I assume when you mentioned NYC you meant Manhattan so perhaps I'm picking nits.
    Yeah, I don't intend to spend much of my vacation in Staten Island...no offense to that lovely corner of the world, but my time will be spent in Manhattan & Brooklyn, with perhaps a brief jaunt to Queens.
    ...basically I'm just planning to stare at this as much as possible:
    rockefeller.jpg

Poor Staten Island! Even in NYC it isn't "the island," it's just an island located nearby about which most people know little.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Poor Staten Island! Even in NYC it isn't "the island," it's just an island located nearby about which most people know little.
    Again, I’m not mad at Staten Island! I often recommend that NYC first-timers (or anyone else looking for scenic views) take the ferry out and back…that look at the Statue of Liberty is pretty much unbeatable.

Again, I’m not mad at Staten Island! I often recommend that NYC first-timers (or anyone else looking for scenic views) take the ferry out and back…that look at the Statue of Liberty is pretty much unbeatable.
    Oh I know that, not making you out to be a disser of Staten Island, it's just that it's place within NYC is kind of odd. One day many years ago I felt compelled to jump on the Staten Island ferry and have a look, glad I did, pretty much what I expected...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If you are boosted it is probably time to just go do whatever you want at this point. Which freaking sucks. But probably true.
    EXCEPT that my co-worker's daughter is now pretty sick with COVID, and she is fully vaxxed and boosted. Not sure what happened, but her baby's daycare provider tested positive last Wed. She has no idea where she caught it. Several babies in her care tested positive, but NOT my co-worker's grandson, yet his mother is sick. She teaches high school, so I wonder if she caught it there and the daycare thing was a fluke. She is getting monoclonal antibody infusion this afternoon. Co-worker tested negative today and I have not been near her since last Wednesday.

Hoping my close contact with others this weekend does not end in disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    EXCEPT that my co-worker's daughter is now pretty sick with COVID, and she is fully vaxxed and boosted. Not sure what happened, but her baby's daycare provider tested positive last Wed. She has no idea where she caught it. Several babies in her care tested positive, but NOT my co-worker's grandson, yet his mother is sick. She teaches high school, so I wonder if she caught it there and the daycare thing was a fluke. She is getting monoclonal antibody infusion this afternoon. Co-worker tested negative today and I have not been near her since last Wednesday.

Hoping my close contact with others this weekend does not end in disaster.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not saying it isn't dangerous. Just that there is no getting out of this for the foreseeable future. I hope she gets better soon.

Jellyfish Montreal - restaurant
    +1 514-303-0908
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/TzKyyKnsUcLBMvvk9

Where I ended up for dinner

+1 514-303-0908

Do you want us to call?

I can finally stop avoiding the Succession thread.

+1 514-303-0908

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Do you want us to call?
    I think I’ve figured it out:
    Clem is on a blind date and needs us to be his…“OMG…are you serious?! Stay right where you are. I’ll be there as soon as possible!”

I think I’ve figured it out:
    Clem is on a blind date and needs us to be his…“OMG…are you serious?! Stay right where you are. I’ll be there as soon as possible!”
    We could call and ask them to make an announcement for "Monsieur Clemmon S'Devil" because there is an urgent push-up emergency.

We could call and ask them to make an announcement for "Monsieur Clemmon S'Devil" because there is an urgent push-up emergency.
    Nah, I'm asking for Abe Froman.

Nah, I'm asking for Abe Froman.
    The Sausage King of Chicago?

The Sausage King of Chicago?
    Are you suggesting that I’m not who I say I am?

Are you suggesting that I’m not who I say I am?
    So good.

There's a food truck that operates near me called "Sum Pig", which I love as a dark Charlotte's Web reference.

There's a food truck that operates near me called "Sum Pig", which I love as a dark Charlotte's Web reference.
    That ain't right...

Today's story is Tales in Bulk Density...

I'm teacher-in-December tired.