Page 1826 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 82613261726177618161824182518261827182818361876192623262826 ... LastLast
Results 36,501 to 36,520 of 67371
    my afternoon is made! OCD Neighbor #2 has just imported the Mega Tree Service (five trucks, lots of guys) to take down some 75 foot pines which he (correctly) assumes he'd drop on his house if he did them himself.

Got my binocs, an ultra clear view, and a good book. This is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What process are you using to convert them to digital? Does it work with both slides and photos?
    I bought an Epson V600 scanner. It comes with inserts for slides and 35mm negatives. I have not tried to MacGyver an insert for 110 negatives, yet, but I do have some of those as well. Against my better judgement, I am including a sample. Christmas 1972. My mom made my red dress.xmas 1972 a and j.jpg

Yes, it does photos as well. I have a smaller Epson that has done a great job on very old photos, too.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my afternoon is made! OCD Neighbor #2 has just imported the Mega Tree Service (five trucks, lots of guys) to take down some 75 foot pines which he (correctly) assumes he'd drop on his house if he did them himself.

Got my binocs, an ultra clear view, and a good book. This is so great.
    Watching professional tree guys do their job is fascinating. Except when it can land on your house. Then, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Watching professional tree guys do their job is fascinating. Except when it can land on your house. Then, not so much.
    Agreed. When we were renting across the street from where we live now, a crew of five guys took down a hundred foot oak in about three hours. Amazing to watch.

After buying across the street, we had the same guys do a much simpler job in our yard, and I nearly had a heart attack.

Perspective is different for some reason.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I bought an Epson V600 scanner. It comes with inserts for slides and 35mm negatives. I have not tried to MacGyver an insert for 110 negatives, yet, but I do have some of those as well. Against my better judgement, I am including a sample. Christmas 1972. My mom made my red dress.xmas 1972 a and j.jpg

Yes, it does photos as well. I have a smaller Epson that has done a great job on very old photos, too.
    Adorable! Who is standing next to you?

I'm so grateful that digital imagery wasn't available when I was a kid. Your appearance is adorable, but every one of my childhood photos shows me dressed in funny clothes with a funny haircut. I can only imaging that these photos are the good photos. <Shudders>

My kid is going to rue the day I need to blackmail him with childhood photos. Between my wife, myself, and his grandparents, there have to be thousands. And he's only 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I would have responded with this:

I use a calendar to define a year, you're using the earth's orbit around the sun. The numbers are valid for calendar users but perhaps you are correct, there should be a line about using a calendar.
    Quality feedback. One day, I'm going to have The Perfect Tweettm, and I'm going to have you to thank.

After literally making fun of project managers and consultants, it seems I might be in the process of becoming a consultant by accident. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    After literally making fun of project managers and consultants, it seems I might be in the process of becoming a consultant by accident. Oops.
    Will you consult on project management?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Adorable! Who is standing next to you?
    Jeff.

I can definitely see value in going thru very old family stuff...I know I like looking thru old albums from time to time...it just used to be (decades ago, pre internet) that everyone who visited felt compelled to bring a couple hundred slides of their visit to France of Pumpkin Junction or whatever, never found that interesting...
    I knew people would ask to see pictures from a 2 week trip to France - 1 week cycling and 1 week in Paris (including start of Tour de France) - so I narrowed down my ~ 20 rolls of film to maybe 80 pictures in an album they could look through. If they asked to see them all, they could see the other 2 albums of pictures. I actually had someone ask for a copy of one of the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've never seen Rent.
    I sang Seasons of Love in a small group for someone's wedding. Not sure I even knew the couple.
    Given that Rent, as far as I knew, was about a group of people dealing with AIDS/HIV and some died, I thought it was an odd choice - even though it is about measuring things with love instead of time.

I took this one a few years ago. I love the way he dropped his chainsaw and hung on for dear life! He knew exactly what was coming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztqw8681pic1aqw/tree.MOV?dl=0

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I knew people would ask to see pictures from a 2 week trip to France - 1 week cycling and 1 week in Paris (including start of Tour de France) - so I narrowed down my ~ 20 rolls of film to maybe 80 pictures in an album they could look through. If they asked to see them all, they could see the other 2 albums of pictures. I actually had someone ask for a copy of one of the pictures.
    yeah, there should be some kind of established limit as you came up with...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I took this one a few years ago. I love the way he dropped his chainsaw and hung on for dear life! He knew exactly what was coming.

-jk
    That is...what's the word...insane?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    These guys do a great trick with 75 ft pines, they grab the top, cut at the bottom, hang a sling around the tree and feed the whole thing into a big big chipper...

These guys do a great trick with 75 ft pines, they grab the top, cut at the bottom, hang a sling around the tree and feed the whole thing into a big big chipper...
    They couldn't get a crane into my back yard or over my house. They had to take it down bit by bit. Some "bits" bigger than others, obviously! It was a marvel to behold, nonetheless.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    See...there's the issue. My jokes are too long. I appreciate the feedback. Know when to quit, grad_devil!
    Always leave em wanting more.

Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Always leave em wanting more.
    Lol!

Holy heck, man! That house looked so small compared to the trees! That'd make me soil my underloos for sure.