Page 1570 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 57010701470152015601568156915701571157215801620167020702570 ... LastLast
Results 31,381 to 31,400 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Like Eminem, I cleaned out my closet.
    Did it make your Mama cry?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Did it make your Mama cry?
    Nope. Made my wife happy.

I’m not as hardcore as Eminem I guess. My mom never really made spaghetti, more of a lasagna lady.

Nope. Made my wife happy.

I’m not as hardcore as Eminem I guess. My mom never really made spaghetti, more of a lasagna lady.
    As long as this isn’t a Stan situation, it’s all good!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As long as this isn’t a Stan situation, it’s all good!
    I just learned something new. I didn’t know internet “stan” was based on Eminem’s Stan.

Also, I know exactly why my tea’s gone cold and I have the appliance for just such a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Alexander grass
    Crab grass
    Dallis grass
    Dandelion
    Oxalis, buttercup
    Oxalis, creeping
    Spotted Spurge
    Spurge

This is what I get for not paying much attention to the yard other than to mow.
    Moss has taken over my lawn. And I don’t mind. It’s green, and doesn’t need mowing.

How much do you care? I go back and forth on how much I care if my yard is weedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Moss has taken over my lawn. And I don’t mind. It’s green, and doesn’t need mowing.
    Not immensely, but my allergies are telling me I need to move. So, a nice stand of grass will aid that. Moss would be okay to fill in spots, but temps are too high here to get much of that.

We had a bike rodeo at church this morning. Report is that 2 kids talked about it all the way home. They wished they could "stay to ride all day, take short breaks for snacks, and then camp at church so they could get up and ride again to Sunday school". I think it was a success.

Alexander grass
    Crab grass
    Dallis grass
    Dandelion
    Oxalis, buttercup
    Oxalis, creeping
    Spotted Spurge
    Spurge

This is what I get for not paying much attention to the yard other than to mow.
    I’m just trying (again) to get grass going in my backyard. It was going ok this summer until I was gone for a lot of July, and the back and forth of no rain/way too much rain mostly did it in.

We’ll see how this batch does. I may need professional help!

My weed problem is in the parts of my yard in ground cover. English ivy, winter creeper, ground ivy, honeysuckle, and celandine put up an incessant onslaught!

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I just got back from running a virtual 5k. I did the running, the race part was virtual. My fitbit tells me I finished it in (for me) a blistering 38:47. I haven't run in a month, very happy with the result. I drove out to Medway so I could knock another town off my list. I think that makes 49. I'll double check.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I’m just trying (again) to get grass

My weed problem is in the parts of my yard in ground cover. English ivy, winter creeper, ground ivy, honeysuckle, and celandine put up an incessant onslaught!

-jk
    As they say in physics, horror vacui. What I didn't realize is that the tiniest bare spot in a yard qualifies as a vacuum.

As they say in physics, horror vacui. What I didn't realize is that the tiniest bare spot in a yard qualifies as a vacuum.
    Indeed. I have a lot of pachysandra and vinca filling in slowly but surely in large parts of my yard (everywhere but the part of the backyard I'm trying to get grass established). But the other things try to get there first, and they're aggressive!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just got back from running a virtual 5k. I did the running, the race part was virtual. My fitbit tells me I finished it in (for me) a blistering 38:47. I haven't run in a month, very happy with the result. I drove out to Medway so I could knock another town off my list. I think that makes 49. I'll double check.
    Nice! I ran a mental 5k today!

Which is why I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze. No HOA but a few Hank Hill style lawn kings in the area, including one that gets a little saucy if my service forgets to hit the edges with the blow turned in.

We’re rural. I mean, it’s a nice enough neighborhood but everyone is on a few acres, few folks have horses so it ain’t exactly the local gated McMansion golf course community and I’m inclined to a light (and cheap) touch on lawn maintenance. Thanks

Nice! I ran a mental 5k today!
    Tomorrow I’m going to run a theoretical 5k.

Which is why I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze. No HOA but a few Hank Hill style lawn kings in the area, including one that gets a little saucy if my service forgets to hit the edges with the blow turned in.

We’re rural. I mean, it’s a nice enough neighborhood but everyone is on a few acres, few folks have horses so it ain’t exactly the local gated McMansion golf course community and I’m inclined to a light (and cheap) touch on lawn maintenance. Thanks
    I live in a neighborhood zoned R-4, so at least 1/4 acre per homesite. So, lawn quality is very visible. A few of my neighbors have golf course quality lawns. I live in between perhaps the two most weed infested yards in the neighborhood. I maintain the area between my house and one neighbor, so that side is in decent shape. I handle the lawn, he handles the large plant that sits on his yard but obscures the transformer that is mostly in my yard. I have quite a bit of revamping to do if I want to put the house on the market some time next year. Unfortunately, the lead times are that long.

Tomorrow I’m going to run a theoretical 5k.
    I just went a hypothetical 5k.

I squandered a 401(k)

I live in a neighborhood zoned R-4, so at least 1/4 acre per homesite. So, lawn quality is very visible. A few of my neighbors have golf course quality lawns. I live in between perhaps the two most weed infested yards in the neighborhood. I maintain the area between my house and one neighbor, so that side is in decent shape. I handle the lawn, he handles the large plant that sits on his yard but obscures the transformer that is mostly in my yard. I have quite a bit of revamping to do if I want to put the house on the market some time next year. Unfortunately, the lead times are that long.
    Yeah, any major lawn rehab we do will be pre sell. Most of the lawn isn’t too bad but when we bought it the seller had to replace the septic, which tore up a pretty big section. They seeded it and grass grew but that’s the weediest section by far.

Yeah, any major lawn rehab we do will be pre sell. Most of the lawn isn’t too bad but when we bought it the seller had to replace the septic, which tore up a pretty big section. They seeded it and grass grew but that’s the weediest section by far.
    You didn't plant from one of those random Chinese seed packs, did you?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You didn't plant from one of those random Chinese seed packs, did you?

-jk
    “Feed me, Seymour!”