Page 717 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 21761766770771571671771871972776781712171717 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 67676
    I tried out a barbecue place here in St. Louis today - Pappy's. It's in Midtown, next to the SLU campus. It's okay, but not as good as my favorite place in Little Rock (Whole Hog). Maybe it's because I had pulled pork; the specialty at Pappy's is ribs. Two of their choices of sides are fried (!) corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. There were lots of folks eating the deep-fried corn on the cob, but I couldn't bring myself to try it. The sweet potato fries were pretty good, though.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    CB&B, are you going to get your ball signed by the 1991 team?
    Right after I meet them. That's the hard part.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Right after I meet them. That's the hard part.
    I could even get Ol' Roy to sign the ball...he was there too...loser..LOL.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Not sure how I missed posting big bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Hey, dd, does this work?
    Yes, it does.

L-)

Perhaps this is correct now.

Nope, still not working.

I'm trying....very...
    No luck.

Don't you mean:

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I tried out a barbecue place here in St. Louis today - Pappy's. It's in Midtown, next to the SLU campus. It's okay, but not as good as my favorite place in Little Rock (Whole Hog). Maybe it's because I had pulled pork; the specialty at Pappy's is ribs. Two of their choices of sides are fried (!) corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. There were lots of folks eating the deep-fried corn on the cob, but I couldn't bring myself to try it. The sweet potato fries were pretty good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Don't you mean:

Your use of smilies is just crazie!

Don't you mean:

Still showing off with the smilies, are ya?

I think this thread is a whole lot better than twitter which I'll start using after I get over the shock of getting my own mobile phone.

Still showing off with the smilies, are ya?

I think this thread is a whole lot better than twitter which I'll start using after I get over the shock of getting my own mobile phone.
    Check your PM. If you twitter, then you can keep us posted on all the events of our 2011 and 2012 recruits.

What a coincidence.

Check your PM. If you twitter, then you can keep us posted on all the events of our 2011 and 2012 recruits.

I checked my PM. I think somebody is trying to sell me some beer. Major clarification -- I don't twitter, and I won't for some time. I may after I get a mobile phone, but I don't see a need for it. The only place around here where a mobile phone works is out on the street by my mailbox. My neighbor has to go out to his gazebo near the golf course. And don't get me started on texting and Facebook. Sinful.

Looks like somebody found a really neat new toy.

I gave up trying.

I checked my PM. I think somebody is trying to sell me some beer. Major clarification -- I don't twitter, and I won't for some time. I may after I get a mobile phone, but I don't see a need for it. The only place around here where a mobile phone works is out on the street by my mailbox. My neighbor has to go out to his gazebo near the golf course. And don't get me started on texting and Facebook. Sinful.
    Tis a sad day when one of the original Duke computer people is beaten by modern technology. And I am not trying to sell you some beer. I am offering you your 1st beer or two at a fall Brunchgate. Well, will you be there? Card Gym lot starting about 4 PM on 9/4. And, if you're not there, Bob Green has said he'd be happy to drink your brew.

Tis a sad day when one of the original Duke computer people is beaten by modern technology. And I am not trying to sell you some beer. I am offering you your 1st beer or two at a fall Brunchgate. Well, will you be there? Card Gym lot starting about 4 PM on 9/4. And, if you're not there, Bob Green has said he'd be happy to drink your brew.
    That sounds good, then. I'll take pilsner if it is available. Otherwise, Anything that has beer in its name. Not too much, though. I have to drive home in the dark an hour or so down US #1. By the way, for the next three plus weeks I'll be on a trip to Scandinavia and Russia. I get to see what the Hermitage is all about. Leaving tomorrow. Do they know anything about beer in St. Petersburg? We will be aboard the Queen Victoria of the Cunard Line. I may be so busy that I only get a few moments a day to browse the web.

I'll have my newly acquired laptop with me, but I hope they don't think I'm a spy when I bring up this oddly cryptic web site. Worse if I go to Crazietalk. Anyhow, 9/4 @4 it is. See you then.

That sounds good, then. I'll take pilsner if it is available. Otherwise, Anything that has beer in its name. Not too much, though. I have to drive home in the dark an hour or so down US #1. By the way, for the next three plus weeks I'll be on a trip to Scandinavia and Russia. I get to see what the Hermitage is all about. Leaving tomorrow. Do they know anything about beer in St. Petersburg? We will be aboard the Queen Victoria of the Cunard Line. I may be so busy that I only get a few moments a day to browse the web.

I'll have my newly acquired laptop with me, but I hope they don't think I'm a spy when I bring up this oddly cryptic web site. Worse if I go to Crazietalk. Anyhow, 9/4 @4 it is. See you then.
    Travel safely, my friend!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Beer? Russia? Scandinavia? BWAHAHAHAHA. (sorry, I'm at work and unable to use the proper ROFLMAO smilie)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Travel safely, my friend!
    Thanks, Oz. I have to pack away my laptop, and get ready to go. Probably won't get it out (except for the TSA) until we board our ship in Southampton. I'll catch up with you when we get back home.