Page 2720 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 17202220262026702710271827192720272127222730277028203220 ... LastLast
Results 54,381 to 54,400 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    There is no excuse for the existence of yellow jackets ... none.
    A couple of weeks ago, I was rolling my recycling cart out for the next morning pickup. Sudden pain/electric shock type feeling on the back of my thigh. Long pants on, by the way.

Got back into the house and grabbed a mirror to see WTH was going on. Wasn't until I saw a small dot in a small red spot that I realized I had been stung/bitten by something. No idea what. I saw nothing flying around me and nothing crawling on me. Ended up with a HUGE red welt on my leg that was still growing larger after 3pm the next afternoon (marked it with a sharpie, it was starting to freak me out). It got to be about five inches in diameter and stayed hot to the touch for days. It throbbed out of nowhere for several hours. The pain pattern made me think yellow jacket but the welt was more like fire ant. Still not sure what it was BUT IT HURT!!!!

Freddy disagreed.

Freddy.jpg

Speaking of yellow, Dijon or Spicy Brown?

Ouch! What did GaTech ever do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Coleman’s English.

depends completely upon the application...this is why they make many varieties...I'll take basic yellow mustard for a ballpark hot dog, but something browner and more robust for corned beef or pastrami. Katz's Deli has their own deli mustard which is quite excellent. Colman's is great too, good for mixing in sauces or for just a nice kick.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    depends completely upon the application...this is why they make many varieties...I'll take basic yellow mustard for a ballpark hot dog, but something browner and more robust for corned beef or pastrami. Katz's Deli has their own deli mustard which is quite excellent. Colman's is great too, good for mixing in sauces or for just a nice kick.
    You're a great poster, but this is your Sistine Chapel. You have a few hours to make another post equally as good to execute the Dolly Parton. 2 strokes of genius in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    French's yaller mustard.

I spend a semester in Dijon and I did not (and do not) like Dijon mustard. Yet EVERYTHING there has it on it. Sandwiches, salad dressing, etc. I got very tired of something I did not like to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You're a great poster, but this is your Sistine Chapel. You have a few hours to make another post equally as good to execute the Dolly Parton. 2 strokes of genius in the same day.
    But we're going out to dinner! And tomorrow is Armageddon day for me, right smack dab in the middle of a big time squabble...(i'm not directly involved, but this is a minefield)

But we're going out to dinner! And tomorrow is Armageddon day for me, right smack dab in the middle of a big time squabble...(i'm not directly involved, but this is a minefield)
    So just how did that plane wind up in the ceement pond?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I'm certain there was no alcohol involved.

Eating gator tail tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Eating gator tail tonight.
    Tasted like chicken, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Tasted like chicken, didn't it?
    It was so tossed in blackened seasoning it could have been almost anything, TBH.

A couple of weeks ago, I was rolling my recycling cart out for the next morning pickup. Sudden pain/electric shock type feeling on the back of my thigh. Long pants on, by the way.

Got back into the house and grabbed a mirror to see WTH was going on. Wasn't until I saw a small dot in a small red spot that I realized I had been stung/bitten by something. No idea what. I saw nothing flying around me and nothing crawling on me. Ended up with a HUGE red welt on my leg that was still growing larger after 3pm the next afternoon (marked it with a sharpie, it was starting to freak me out). It got to be about five inches in diameter and stayed hot to the touch for days. It throbbed out of nowhere for several hours. The pain pattern made me think yellow jacket but the welt was more like fire ant. Still not sure what it was BUT IT HURT!!!!
    I'd say it was almost a given that you were attacked by yellow jackets. They don't just sting and run, they sting and sting and sting and ... One day later now and my ankle looks like an elephant leg.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It was so tossed in blackened seasoning it could have been almost anything, TBH.
    I ate gator years ago in Florida. It was in big deep-fried chunks and served with different dipping sauces.

A decade ago I had a similar experience...went for a walk in the woods, felt no bit whatsoever, but an hour later broke out in hives all over my body, definitely the beginning of an anaphylactic episode (probably should have gone to the hospital, but I was visiting friends and instead I took a bunch of benadryl which turned the tide)...I kept looking all over my body for signs of a bite, but it wasn't until the next morning, when I was feeling fine, that I found a huge red welt on my thigh, 6-7 inches in diameter, hot to the touch...subsequently I went to see an allergist here at home (Duke trained!) to figure out what it was...he told me there were essentially just four or five possible culprits, but I tested negative for all of these, so he said he just didn't know (refreshing from an MD I find) and sent me on my way.

A decade ago I had a similar experience...went for a walk in the woods, felt no bit whatsoever, but an hour later broke out in hives all over my body, definitely the beginning of an anaphylactic episode (probably should have gone to the hospital, but I was visiting friends and instead I took a bunch of benadryl which turned the tide)...I kept looking all over my body for signs of a bite, but it wasn't until the next morning, when I was feeling fine, that I found a huge red welt on my thigh, 6-7 inches in diameter, hot to the touch...subsequently I went to see an allergist here at home (Duke trained!) to figure out what it was...he told me there were essentially just four or five possible culprits, but I tested negative for all of these, so he said he just didn't know (refreshing from an MD I find) and sent me on my way.
    Whoa... 7 inches in diameter? I don't know what you found, but I hope I don't meet one.

I'd say it was almost a given that you were attacked by yellow jackets. They don't just sting and run, they sting and sting and sting and ... One day later now and my ankle looks like an elephant leg.
    Except I did not see or hear a single one. I have stepped in jacket nests in my yard more than once, but I was on pavement and saw nothing. I suspected a horsefly, but I did not see one of those, either, and the mark was too small and I have never reacted like that to a horsefly bite. No idea.

On another note, I need to get out the Bobbex. A deer ate the tops off my tomato plants, they just reached over the top of the cages. Missed the blooms, but got nice mouthful of leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    this is all about planes on grass (the lawn type):https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/...t?oid=35384594

Subsequent to this article being written a local lunatic has made some utterly baseless allegations against Kyle about when he lived here, so I have been invited down to the zoning board meeting to help set the record straight.
    Going to defend a friend who is being dragged thru the mud...other locals here will also be helping out.