Page 2281 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 128117812181223122712279228022812282228322912331238127813281 ... LastLast
Results 45,601 to 45,620 of 67655
    Favorite cities/countries:

Visiting - Bangkok - still regret not getting to return with my Bio teacher, who had lived there. Darn you, John Rhee, for getting grounded and the school cancelling the trip. Paris and Chicago

Living - Seoul, Overland Park, really - everywhere I've lived except I don't remember much about Westfield, NJ other than the rose bushes and our house was yellow

I'm not sure there are any places on my "I never want to go there again" list. Life is too short not to enjoy where you are - find something or someone to like about it and ignore the rest.

Pistachios are the best snacking nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    But highly, highly addictive!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Visiting - Bangkok - still regret not getting to return with my Bio teacher, who had lived there. Darn you, John Rhee, for getting grounded and the school cancelling the trip. Paris and Chicago

Living - Seoul, Overland Park, really - everywhere I've lived except I don't remember much about Westfield, NJ other than the rose bushes and our house was yellow

I'm not sure there are any places on my "I never want to go there again" list. Life is too short not to enjoy where you are - find something or someone to like about it and ignore the rest.
    Houston.

I have no intentions of going back to Ft. Polk, LA.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    But highly, highly addictive!
    Tru' dat!

If you are considering a career at the seafood counter, I strongly recommend weighing the frozen prawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Houston.
    I always told my parents that I hated Houston for a month and that last week was work.

I didn't like the heat/humidity and the bugs but met great people. And we were only there for 3 years - and I was at Duke for one of those years.

I ate a Big Mac in the Bangkok airport on the 4th of July, but that’s it for the whole of Thailand for me.
    My “I never want to go there again” list consists mainly of New Jersey (though I know I’ll traverse it again here and there however many times in future years). I didn’t love Oklahoma City either. I’d go back to other parts of Oklahoma, but don’t need to return to OKC.

Alexandria, LA is the worst place I have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Alexandria, LA is the worst place I have been.
    That's where my parents went to college. Judging by the very few times they've been back since, they may very well agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I ate a Big Mac in the Bangkok airport on the 4th of July, but that’s it for the whole of Thailand for me.
    My “I never want to go there again” list consists mainly of New Jersey (though I know I’ll traverse it again here and there however many times in future years). I didn’t love Oklahoma City either. I’d go back to other parts of Oklahoma, but don’t need to return to OKC.
    So, not even one night in Bangkok?

Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-21-2021 at 07:13 PM.

So, not even one night in Bangkok?
    No. Didn’t leave the airport. We already did 6 countries on that trip and just had to draw the line somewhere. When it came to Southeast Asia, we chose Cambodia because the history teacher wanted to go to Angkor Wat.

Houston.
    Too close to New Orleans.

Just below boiled peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    No. Didn’t leave the airport. We already did 6 countries on that trip and just had to draw the line somewhere. When it came to Southeast Asia, we chose Cambodia because the history teacher wanted to go to Angkor Wat.
    That is on my bucket list. Sorry I never made it when I lived in Asia but it wasn't really safe at the time - too many other things going on back then.

That is on my bucket list. Sorry I never made it when I lived in Asia but it wasn't really safe at the time - too many other things going on back then.
    Every time I look at a map of Asia, I realize just how little of the world that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Every time I look at a map of Asia, I realize just how little of the world that I've seen.
    When it comes to leaving the US, I've only been to Canada, Europe, and a couple of places in the Caribbean.

When it comes to leaving the US, I've only been to Canada, Europe, and a couple of places in the Caribbean.
    I've about half a dozen Central and South American countries, Mexico and Canada, lots in Europe, Australia and NZ, and the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi). Have 47/50 states, too.

So many places left on the list. Ugh, where do I get limitless time and resources?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I've about half a dozen Central and South American countries, Mexico and Canada, lots in Europe, Australia and NZ, and the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi). Have 47/50 states, too.

So many places left on the list. Ugh, where do I get limitless time and resources?
    Every vacation for ~20 years was spent taking my kids to see their grandparents. My husband has been to scientific meetings all over the world. He's been to every continent except Antarctica. I have, however, been to 2 countries that he hasn't, Iceland and Luxembourg.

Once he starts traveling internationally again, I'm going to start going with him when it's a place I think I might like to visit. I very much prefer going to one place and staying there long enough to get a feel for it as opposed to a "if it's Tuesday, it much be Belgium" approach. That said, when I chaperoned middle schoolers all over France I had such a great time that I went back again 2 years later to chaperone middle schoolers all over England and Scotland. I may not have been to that many places, but I have been to Loch Ness.

Also, I have a favorite Indian restaurant in London.