Page 1488 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4889881388143814781486148714881489149014981538158819882488 ... LastLast
Results 29,741 to 29,760 of 67396
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Planning a road trip and trying to find a reason to make driving through North Dakota worth my while
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Theodore Roosevelt National Park in the Southwest corner of the state is an underrated, undervisited gem. Truly one of my favorite places.
    DSC_0657.jpg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I know where I want to go once I can travel again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I know where I want to go once I can travel again!
    The Dakotas are wonderful.

Planning a road trip and trying to find a reason to make driving through North Dakota worth my while
    That’s the one state I haven’t driven in/through...

-jk

Isaias is stopping by tomorrow and bringing us 2-4 inches of rain and perhaps a flash flood...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Isaias is stopping by tomorrow and bringing us 2-4 inches of rain and perhaps a flash flood...
    Maybe offer a cup of tea?

Nearly a half hour of rain and still going. Very unusual for us during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nearly a half hour of rain and still going. Very unusual for us during the summer.
    We had a heavy storm for an hour or so this afternoon. It killed the humidity and now it’s an absolutely beautiful evening. I’ll probably be on the deck until bedtime.

57A0E2B9-D9A0-46D1-BD40-3C42CE6A3CB6.jpg
    We had a heavy storm for an hour or so this afternoon. It killed the humidity and now it’s an absolutely beautiful evening. I’ll probably be on the deck until bedtime.

Ours went for nearly an hour also(57 minutes). Saves me 1200 gallons of water or $15-$20 in water charges. I have a very competitive neighborhood grass wise.

Have the pleasure of calling Xfinity customer service later this morning. On the edge of my seat.

Have the pleasure of calling Xfinity customer service later this morning. On the edge of my seat.
    I'm not at all religious, but I still may pray for you. Their customer service unit is located in the seventh ring of hell...I called them last week because my modem was failing...I've learned over the years to pay their preposterous monthly charge for a modem (pure extortion) because if you don't, every time you call their default position is that "YOUR modem is faulty, fix it yourself, bye bye." Sure enough, they tried that off the bat, until I pointed out I pay $14 a month for THEIR modem...eventually got them to pay attention, but not before they tried to hit me with a $15 service charge (for a modem I've paid them probably $800 for that originally cost $100 or so)..

Best of luck, say hi for me!

Forecast center of Issy's track puts it in our backyard this evening, just in time for meat loaf!

Dodged another bullet in Durham, thank goodness! Hardly any wind last night. Of course, I slept through it. Feels wonderful outside right now. Very fresh and clean.

Yes, the interesting part of heavy duty storms, the day or two afterwards with very nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, the interesting part of heavy duty storms, the day or two afterwards with very nice weather.
    some of our very best October visits to the Outer Banks came directly after hurricanes, though we've endured some hassles like flooded roads...

See you and raise, DirecTV AND Verizon AND the Nespresso coffee machine blew up.
    Top that dear luburch!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    See you and raise, DirecTV AND Verizon AND the Nespresso coffee machine blew up.
    Top that dear luburch!
    I hear you on DirecTV..is it ANY wonder they're losing about a million customers per quarter? I like the service OK when it works, but when you need help, best o' luck.
    At this rate they'll be gone in a few years.
    Of course, then my default TV provider will be Comcast, d'oh!

Back in the late 70’s or early 80’s (can’t remember exactly), I took a weeks vacation and was planning on going to Nags Head for the week. But I got busy playing tennis and partying and procrastinated packing and leaving Durham until Tuesday. While getting closer to the beach, I noticed that no cars were headed in my direction to the beach, but many cars were headed away from the beach. I considered myself fortunate and thought my timing was perfect. As I checked into the motel (a Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson I think) the folks at the front desk were acting weird, and even told me that when I got ready to eat in their restaurant to call ahead and they would open it up for me. Great service, I thought. After carrying my bag to the room, I napped. Upon waking up, I turned on the radio. The first thing I heard was the weatherman saying that the hurricane warning was still in effect for the Outer Banks. Turned out the hurricane lingered and stayed offshore, with only rain and wind at the beach. Ended up being a very relaxing stay with only me and the locals around. But it taught me a lesson about checking the weather and news before heading to the beach.

Push the pound key three times...once at each initial automated prompt. Straight to a live human being after that.