Page 1293 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2937931193124312831291129212931294129513031343139317932293 ... LastLast
Results 25,841 to 25,860 of 67390
    I gave up beer forever* a couple months ago. Debating whether to extend it to all alcohol. Likely will.

*Forever being until I next have one. I’ve gotten comfortable sticking to soda or water in most social situations now.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I gave up beer forever* a couple months ago. Debating whether to extend it to all alcohol. Likely will.

*Forever being until I next have one. I’ve gotten comfortable sticking to soda or water in most social situations now.
    I've considered giving up alcohol. I just enjoy beer too much, and wine occasionally.

I have completely stopped drinking liquor. I have some really good gin at home if anyone wants it

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is he now your ex brother in law? Because that sounds like some modern day Hatfield and McCoys starter material right there.
    She was not happy - and we remind him of it occasionally. Overall, however, he's a decent* guy.

* I am in the camp that no one is quite good enough for my sisters - they give more to the relationship than their spouses. Of course, I might be more than a little bit biased.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    She was not happy - and we remind him of it occasionally.
    Gifts that keep on giving are the best!

Gifts that keep on giving are the best!
    I say this with tears in my eyes. There are few things that bring me more joy in life than having been right about something in a relationship and getting regular opportunities to remind the other party about it. It's hard to describe that feeling. As Jodi Foster's character said in Contact, "they should have sent a poet".

* I am in the camp that no one is quite good enough for my sisters - they give more to the relationship than their spouses. Of course, I might be more than a little bit biased.
    Since I don't have any sisters, do me a fav and give my husband that same opinion. I'll send you his number.

And, yes, of course I'm totally wrong and I think most here know by now that he puts up with a large load of baloney from me.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Well, that was less than optimal...

No one wanted a Corona nor Lyme this evening at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Since I don't have any sisters, do me a fav and give my husband that same opinion. I'll send you his number.

And, yes, of course I'm totally wrong and I think most here know by now that he puts up with a large load of baloney from me.
    Happy to claim you as a sister. But you should know that I never actually tell their husbands I think this.

Happy to claim you as a sister. But you should know that I never actually tell their husbands I think this.
    Yes, but non-verbal cues can reveal a lot. Or a carefully worded turn of phrase.

There is a very high probability that I will be in a FOUL mood today. Woke up early, and started to TURNOVER and go back to sleep, but was afraid my nightmare would return.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    There is a very high probability that I will be in a FOUL mood today. Woke up early, and started to TURNOVER and go back to sleep, but was afraid my nightmare would return.
    Sometimes these feelings get worse OVER TIME.

Car was vandalized yesterday evening. Makes it pretty hard to care about a game.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Car was vandalized yesterday evening. Makes it pretty hard to care about a game.
    Sorry. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sorry. That blows.
    It's annoying.

Girlfriend was babysitting for a coworker. Parked across the street from a coworker's house. Don't know for sure, but it seems the house she parked in front of did not take kindly to that. Busted out that back window and keyed the entire side.

Recently decided to become a one-car household after getting t-boned the day before New Year's. So, this is less than ideal. Getting the window fixed tomorrow. Probably will get a quote for the keying damage, but doubt I get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    It's annoying.

Girlfriend was babysitting for a coworker. Parked across the street from a coworker's house. Don't know for sure, but it seems the house she parked in front of did not take kindly to that. Busted out that back window and keyed the entire side.

Recently decided to become a one-car household after getting t-boned the day before New Year's. So, this is less than ideal. Getting the window fixed tomorrow. Probably will get a quote for the keying damage, but doubt I get it fixed.
    Ick. I've also been tboned, and it is no fun.

As far as the vandalism, I'd blame the refs. It's quite a popular tact this morning.

Wow, luburch, that is horrible. I'm sorry!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

That stinks, luburch.

Yes, but non-verbal cues can reveal a lot. Or a carefully worded turn of phrase.

In my experience, there is a brand of male that is immune to non-verbal clues. Either that or they are especially immune to MY non-verbal clues.

All verbal, all the time gets the job not actually done but I see pupils dilate and that's all I can hope for.

I've been studying the male of the species for many, many, many years. It's proven to be an endless loop.

Appreciate all the kind words.

People suck sometimes. It's a pain to deal with, but in the end no one was hurt. Life goes on.