Page 92 of 126 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2515
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    This is an absolute show. I am worried that UM seems to have gained ground however.
    No kidding. One minute I think the sky is falling and he's going to UNC. Then, it looks like he was going to go to KY all along. Then, things were looking good for Duke and I was getting excited. Now, these reports coming from Miami... Of course, the lesson here is to just not get all worked up about it in the first place, getting swept up by every little rumor, and just let things happen. As this thread indicates, however, easier said than done!

This is an absolute show. I am worried that UM seems to have gained ground however.
    Every school gets a bump right after a prized recruit visits them because the recruit always says nice things about the school.

IMHO, I don't buy this Miami thing for Wall, though. If a recruit is really wowed by a place, he will often commit immediately after visiting it. See Greg Monroe to Georgetown or Jason Williams to Duke.

As just about everyone else in the this thread, I have no insider info, but I would be shocked if Wall ends up anywhere besides UK or Duke.

I hope he goes to NCCU (not that I wouldn't like to see him go to Duke). For a HBCU in only its second year in Division I, that isn't even in a conference yet, to land such a recruit would be huge for them. They would go from being relatively unknown to being on TV regularly. It would be fun to watch.

I wonder if he's gonna visit Shaw Univ?..

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I wonder if he's gonna visit Shaw Univ?..
    He said he was interested in looking at an HBCU - NCCU has a better academic and athletic reputation than Shaw.

Wonder how many pages ago it was?

I said I don't know how many pages ago that this is going to end bad. I just don't know when the end will be. Maybe soon, maybe later, as obsesseddukefan said maybe not til next year. But nice to see I'm no longer alone in my thinking.

I don't begrude John Wall the opportunity to evaluate all the schools on his list, be it for a educated decision on his personal, basketball and academic future or just for the attention the whole process had brought him. I tend to believe its more the former than the latter, call me a sucka or not. However, I will say this as a Duke fan, I cannot wait until this is over because its been such a drawn out process that it has sucked a lot my Duke energy out of me, as silly as this sounds. Don't get me wroing, I do hope he comes to Duke and if not, then the best of luck wherever he goes, just not at UNC or the U. I just need something else to grasp onto related to the team (a Barnes committment, Knight including us on this short list) or just take that 2-4 week break from Duke basketball matters to recharge...just like a vacation...LOL I just feel drained.

Yet, this all reminds me of trying to get away for a summer weekend from NYC and being stuck in traffic because of an accident or breakdown and it just sucking you dry. Yet, as you get near it you can't help to slow down and rubberneck and check things out no matter how bad you want to move on and get to where you need to be.

Thumbs up From Godot to Go-to guy!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I don't begrude John Wall the opportunity to evaluate all the schools on his list, be it for a educated decision on his personal, basketball and academic future or just for the attention the whole process had brought him. I tend to believe its more the former than the latter, call me a sucka or not. However, I will say this as a Duke fan, I cannot wait until this is over because its been such a drawn out process that it has sucked a lot my Duke energy out of me, as silly as this sounds. Don't get me wroing, I do hope he comes to Duke and if not, then the best of luck wherever he goes, just not at UNC or the U. I just need something else to grasp onto related to the team (a Barnes committment, Knight including us on this short list) or just take that 2-4 week break from Duke basketball matters to recharge...just like a vacation...LOL I just feel drained.

Yet, this all reminds me of trying to get away for a summer weekend from NYC and being stuck in traffic because of an accident or breakdown and it just sucking you dry. Yet, as you get near it you can't help to slow down and rubberneck and check things out no matter how bad you want to move on and get to where you need to be.
    You have captured the mood precisely,NYDukie!
    I hope I live long enough to discover the outcome.
    Let's hope JWall does arrive and that BKnight (Estragon) and Barnes (Vladimir)
    are here on a commitment visit to greet him!

Best--Blueprofessor

Just askin'

Pardon me if someone has already inquired, but is this the longest thread in DBR history?

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Pardon me if someone has already inquired, but is this the longest thread in DBR history?
    Not even close.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=5554

But if Wall commits to UNC I think it could become competitive.

Narrowing the list

John Wall is supposed to narrow his list from 8 today (which does not currently include UNC) of which there is no leader. Then he added one more so he will narrow it from 9. But since he has not visited NCCU- will it be on the list? I honestly don't expect a list today. Even John's Mom is getting tired of this indecision. From the N&O

"It is a really tough decision right now," he said. "I know my mom is ready for me to decide, and I am, too, but I'm still working on it."

Duke, N.C. State, Baylor, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Kansas and Memphis remain on his list.

"I'm still at eight schools," Wall said. "There is no leader."

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    John Wall is supposed to narrow his list from 8 today (which does not currently include UNC) of which there is no leader. Then he added one more so he will narrow it from 9. But since he has not visited NCCU- will it be on the list? I honestly don't expect a list today. Even John's Mom is getting tired of this indecision. From the N&O

"It is a really tough decision right now," he said. "I know my mom is ready for me to decide, and I am, too, but I'm still working on it."

Duke, N.C. State, Baylor, Kentucky, Miami, Florida, Kansas and Memphis remain on his list.

"I'm still at eight schools," Wall said. "There is no leader."
    One of the articles linked earlier had him saying that he will likely not narrow it down until Monday now.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    One of the articles linked earlier had him saying that he will likely not narrow it down until Monday now.
    Those weekends are great for working on it.

Today's Wall update is the last straw for me. Honestly, this is ridiculous, and I'm totally indifferent as to whether he picks Duke or not. I feel stupid for having contributed to this thread over recent weeks, thereby contributing to the Wall circus as a whole.

John Wall Save My Soul

First of all let me preface with saying this is my first post. However, I had to register because I could not continue to look at this thread and not give my two cents. Honestly, this recruitment is consuming my life (it took on a life its own for me after Gerald bolted) but I am happy to say that I think we are making progress in terms of recruiting. An earlier poster talked about the 1999 team which consisted of many early entries and the 2004 which had Deng on it and we have not seen the likes of these teams since. We have shied (sp?) away from the typical one and dones at the expense of hoping senior classes would pay off every four years when the reality is, a full core of seniors does not really happen anymore (see: Gerald Henderson taking the money and running). Coach had to take this gamble and it will open the eyes of future recruits not planning on putting in four years.

I for one believe we need to remain dilligent with this recruitment as it truly is the key to next year's success. Again I do not have any insider information but believe as long as we do not throw the towel in, Wall will be heading to Durham and we will be headed back to the final four for the first time since 2004. This thread will continue to grow and I will not sleep but in the end it will be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I hope he goes to NCCU (not that I wouldn't like to see him go to Duke). For a HBCU in only its second year in Division I, that isn't even in a conference yet, to land such a recruit would be huge for them. They would go from being relatively unknown to being on TV regularly. It would be fun to watch.
    This is a nice notion and Wall committing to NCCU would made for a compelling story but in the end, I'm not all that sure that, even with Wall, NCCU would get many of their games televised. With Wall on the team they certainly get a lot of publicity but they had a terrible record last year and even with Wall's talent, I don't see them being drastically improved. Also, a significant number of their games are going to be against either teams that will greatly out match them or against also lower level DI and DII teams which won't make for very entertaining basketball. I do think that they would get at least a few games region broadcast regionally which would be great exposure for NCCU. I just wouldn't expect to turn on espn on every week to see them play.

Really? I honestly believe, based on only reading that article, that this story is a fabrication created by the Miami publicity machine to make them sound like they have a chance. Clearly, Wall was going to say that he had a good time and is "considering" the school. That's just common courtesy. But everything else in the article is conjecture and is clearly just an attempt by the author, who probably went to or has a friend that works at Miami, to make it sound like Wall is down to UK and Miami. He can do that because he probably thinks its a safe bet Wall will end up at UK and no one will ever be the wiser that Miami wasn't really a serious consideration.

Regardless, I agree that this is silly, but while reading this, I just realized that I don't think I decided where to go to school until about this time of year my senior year of high school. I waffled between Duke and a school I thought was also fantastic right up until the last day I had to decide. I even drove to Duke one weekend and then the other school (600 miles away) right before deciding to try to get a better feel. Maybe we should give a kid a break and not assume he is just messing with us. (Though it feels like he is sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    He said he was interested in looking at an HBCU - NCCU has a better academic and athletic reputation than Shaw.
    What is an HBCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What is an HBCU?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hbcu

I prefer the early commit recruits. This is ludicrous.

Let's go hard after Bledsoe.

Or...let's get a 3 star guard that can give us 6-10 minutes a game.