Page 2442 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 14421942234223922432244024412442244324442452249225422942 ... LastLast
Results 48,821 to 48,840 of 67755
    Temps down to -10 tonight, wind which of -30, all visitors are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    You could go with Ymo to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You could go with Ymo to Phoenix.
    hope to make it to Florida in 12 days if I don't freeze first...

If you plan to go through any tolls and do not have a Sun Pass, be prepared to pay 3x the toll a month or so down the road. FDOT is doing away with cash toll plazas, so they take a picture of your car and send you a bill. Plus a service charge. So they are basically screwing out-of-staters by triple-charging them tolls. I had to deal with this in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    If you plan to go through any tolls and do not have a Sun Pass, be prepared to pay 3x the toll a month or so down the road. FDOT is doing away with cash toll plazas, so they take a picture of your car and send you a bill. Plus a service charge. So they are basically screwing out-of-staters by triple-charging them tolls. I had to deal with this in the fall.
    thanks...i shall be flying. I had that same issue in Boston in October, I mistakenly ended up on the Mass Pike for a couple miles*, no toll booth, but the next week I got a bill for a dollar. I imagine sending that and processing my payment cost them at least twice that..

This is what can happen when a state changes exit numbers on me. There should be a law!

Does EZpass work or do you need their specific SunPass?

Fee free to come down to visit...going to be only -3 here tonight. Balmy compared to northern VT.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Does EZpass work or do you need their specific SunPass?
    Apparently, but I don't have that, either. There is only one toll road here near Durham, and I have no need to ever use it.

So we should expect a “Vermont Man in Florida…” headline soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    100% disagree.
    Just wondering if you do realize that the level of your conviction about an idea does not in fact change the veracity of that idea?

FDOT is doing away with cash toll plazas, so they take a picture of your car and send you a bill. Plus a service charge.
    We've had the take a picture of you car system on some roads here in Texas for a decade or so. After the first few times, I broke down and got an EzPass for my car and have used those roads maybe twice since.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Just wondering if you do realize that the level of your conviction about an idea does not in fact change the veracity of that idea?
    Does so.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not even if I strenuously object?

Does so.
    I don't think anyone on here is qualified to make this assertion. I also have said on here before that players make plays...or don't. I said this stuff to defend Pop.

I don't think anyone on here is qualified to make this assertion. I also have said on here before that players make plays...or don't. I said this stuff to defend Pop.
    Was disagreeing with idea that level of conviction does not correlate to truthiness. What I believe, is.

Was disagreeing with idea that level of conviction does not correlate to truthiness. What I believe, is.
    That's correct. But it's also correct that lots of people can be wrong just as easily as one person can. It's an unpopular opinion but I'm pretty convinced that I'm right about this. And it's okay if people disagree I have a deep vein of don't care.

I don't think anyone on here is qualified to make this assertion.
    I am.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am.
    Anyone else. You were implied.

So we should expect a “Vermont Man in Florida…” headline soon?
    He's bringing his neighbors?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    He's bringing his neighbors?

-jk
    Just the horse.