Page 1895 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 89513951795184518851893189418951896189719051945199523952895 ... LastLast
Results 37,881 to 37,900 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ooh! Where are you? Booking a November trip later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    coast of...?
    Pawleys Island, SC. Parents live here so we're getting a few weeks of free babysitting and I get to work from the porch and watch the gators. Few trips to the beach, too!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Pawleys Island, SC. Parents live here so we're getting a few weeks of free babysitting and I get to work from the porch and watch the gators. Few trips to the beach, too!
    You on the island proper? North end or south end? I have lots of memories drifting around under all that peat moss.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You on the island proper? North end or south end? I have lots of memories drifting around under all that peat moss.
    Peat moss?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Peat moss?

-jk
    Duh...Spanish moss, not peat moss.

Duh...Spanish moss, not peat moss.
    We have "ball moss" here in Texas.

There is Randy Moss in West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Almost every time I post one I think, "Yeah, this is my favorite".

I'll admit - I'm actually saving some of the real humdingers for a special occasion.
    So, you are holding back on us?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    There is Randy Moss in West Virginia.
    And of course England’s legendary, verdant expanses of Kate Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, you are holding back on us?
    You gotta know when to hold 'em.

Also when to save them for later. Or something along those lines.

No, just off it. The community my parents are in backs up to the other side of the marsh that’s on the back side of the island.

For 15 years we rented a house on the island for family 4th of July weeks. Usually on the south end. Nice place though they’ve made a bit of national news the past year-ish.

On one of the mission trips, we played hacky sack in 4 states - at the same time.IMG_0089.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    On one of the mission trips, we played hacky sack in 4 states - at the same time.IMG_0089.JPG
    Did you stand in all 4 at one time?

No, just off it. The community my parents are in backs up to the other side of the marsh that’s on the back side of the island.

For 15 years we rented a house on the island for family 4th of July weeks. Usually on the south end. Nice place though they’ve made a bit of national news the past year-ish.
    Man, that's so close to where my grandparents lived...they were back by the river/marsh in the Waverly Plantation area (though not on Waverly).

Man, that's so close to where my grandparents lived...they were back by the river/marsh in the Waverly Plantation area (though not on Waverly).
    Nice. My parents owned and operated a store in the Island Shoppes for several years as a retirement business. Step dad works on one of te courses to keep himself busy and get free golf on a second course now.

Nice area. It’s grown a lot. 17 is a mad house. Some sneaky good local restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did you stand in all 4 at one time?
    Most likely - if not that trip, then the one before it. I was in charge of taking the picture. Some of the other folks standing in line took pictures of the group as well.

Somehow, we didn't get Bob the Sheep in the picture. He may have stayed back at our lodging facility. I should discuss this with is caregivers.

Nice. My parents owned and operated a store in the Island Shoppes for several years as a retirement business. Step dad works on one of te courses to keep himself busy and get free golf on a second course now.

Nice area. It’s grown a lot. 17 is a mad house. Some sneaky good local restaurants
    What store? I almost certainly shopped there at some point.

...It’s grown a lot. 17 is a mad house. Some sneaky good local restaurants
    Yeah it was already getting that way when I stopped going regularly about 15 years ago.
    Have you ever been to the Pawleys Island Tavern? Fantastic crab cakes and one of the coolest bar patios I've ever been to.

Yeah it was already getting that way when I stopped going regularly about 15 years ago.
    Have you ever been to the Pawleys Island Tavern? Fantastic crab cakes and one of the coolest bar patios I've ever been to.
    Oh, yeah! Great crab cakes. We always do the crab pimento cheese dip, too. Same waitress who wears flip flops no matter the weather has been working there since we’ve been going.

It gets pretty rowdy at night. If you haven’t been in a bit, there’s a barrier up now between the Island Shoppes and the PIT parking lot because too many patrons were fornicating and what not in the Shoppes public bathrooms.

On the nice end, we like Perrone’s and Bistro 217. Landolfi’s is great but never open. My grandma loves Hog Heaven and we’ve had some fun nights at their outside bar. My parents have been taking us down to Georgetown lately for a few things but can’t remember the names now.

We go down there for the seafood market, too.

Deliciousness

20210330_193018.jpg

That is 6 lbs worth. I also ate 2 sausages, the corn and pork skins. I should be embarrassed.

Guten morgen