Page 1802 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 80213021702175217921800180118021803180418121852190223022802 ... LastLast
Results 36,021 to 36,040 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Amish furniture sales? Do tell.
    Short-lived career during a brief stint in California. Furniture showroom attached to a BnB that I also was managing. Not sure I ever encountered an Amish person in that job, but they were the purported source of the beautiful craftsmanship.

After recommendation, I gave my nephew a Little Blue Truck book. Very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Short-lived career during a brief stint in California. Furniture showroom attached to a BnB that I also was managing. Not sure I ever encountered an Amish person in that job, but they were the purported source of the beautiful craftsmanship.
    Hah hah. Thought maybe it was up my way in/near actual Amish country!

are we talking about selling furniture to Amish people, or selling furniture made by Amish people to other people?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    are we talking about selling furniture to Amish people, or selling furniture made by Amish people to other people?
    We specialized in Amish Bitcoin transactions.

Is that a euphemism for wooden nickels?

You just Matrix-ed the crap out of me.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Does anyone here play Pokemon Go on their phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Does anyone here play Pokemon Go on their phone?
    I plead the fifth.

No, actually, my wife and I got into it about 18 months ago when we were wandering around Savannah late one night and happened across a group of all ages, genders, races that were locked into it. We joined up and had a blast.

Being perfectly honest, we still aren't sure what we are doing, but open the app every now and then in an unfamiliar town as an excuse to wander around chasing virtual creatures.

speaking of furniture, the WaPo has an article up about unprecedented delays in furniture deliveries...demand is way up thanks to The Corvid, (caw) and the supply chain is busted everywhere...we bought new stuff in December, were told to expect delivery in April, now it's going to be July at the earliest, and this is for something made in the U.S...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm hoping they referred to him as English. I admire that the Amish don't think we've been around long enough for them to call us Americans. They're adopting a wait-and-see attitude.
    Given the current climate, sadly, that might be the right attitude.

However, I have faith in the American Spirit and we will, eventually, pull together.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I plead the fifth.

No, actually, my wife and I got into it about 18 months ago when we were wandering around Savannah late one night and happened across a group of all ages, genders, races that were locked into it. We joined up and had a blast.

Being perfectly honest, we still aren't sure what we are doing, but open the app every now and then in an unfamiliar town as an excuse to wander around chasing virtual creatures.
    My youngest got me to play with him when it first got started. He then outgrew it and doesn't play anymore. I don't play a ton, but I still play. My kids make fun of me. I don't care. I've had the field task "Make a new friend" waiting for me to accomplish it for more than a year now. I need some new Pokemon Go friends. I wonder if we can make friends from far away.

I've told my kids that I'll stop playing when I "catch them all!"

speaking of furniture, the WaPo has an article up about unprecedented delays in furniture deliveries...demand is way up thanks to The Corvid, (caw) and the supply chain is busted everywhere...we bought new stuff in December, were told to expect delivery in April, now it's going to be July at the earliest, and this is for something made in the U.S...
    Not just furniture. In my new gig, I interact a lot w/ our supply chain team. Important to remember that U.S. and other developed countries are the ones getting vaccinated; rest of world is backtracking a bit. Lots of product sitting in containers in ports and rail depots, apparently, due to restrictions being put back in place in other parts of the world.

after my Duke graduation, I had 12 jobs in 12 months and I won't bore you with the list, but one of the jobs was manning the front desk and doing the night audit at the Holiday Inn near I-85 on Hillsborough Rd, where my predecessor had his toupee' shot off by a Duke football recruit wielding a shotgun. (who then rolled his "getaway" car on the ramp to I-85). It was all very Coen Brothers.

after my Duke graduation, I had 12 jobs in 12 months and I won't bore you with the list, but one of the jobs was manning the front desk and doing the night audit at the Holiday Inn near I-85 on Hillsborough Rd, where my predecessor had his toupee' shot off by a Duke football recruit wielding a shotgun. (who then rolled his "getaway" car on the ramp to I-85). It was all very Coen Brothers.
    I hope he didn't get an offer from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope he didn't get an offer from the team.
    In fact he had one in hand, but somehow thought armed robbery held more promise..I'm sure there are geezers on the board who remember this...

Tennis update: I am trialing new rackets because my last one is a Prince from 1991. Yes, you read that correctly. Tried two new rackets. A Wilson and a Babolat Pure Aero. I absolutely loved the Babolat and just crushed my groundstrokes all day. It felt wonderful. Served well and put a lot of heat on my groundies. And lost four and four. I hate that guy.

Link or it didn’t happen!

Was it robbery or revenge? This wasn’t during the Airborne Attack years was it?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    ...I am trialing new rackets because my last one is a Prince from 1991. Yes, you read that correctly. Tried two new rackets. A Wilson and a Babolat Pure Aero...
    I know what my vote is.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Link or it didn’t happen!

Was it robbery or revenge? This wasn’t during the Airborne Attack years was it?
    tried to find a link...pre internet days. It was 1971 (and I know some people on this board remember this). Not sure of the motive (just money I assume) but the kid was committed to play football at Duke, star running back. The tale as told to me by fellow employees was that the guy at the desk wearing the toupee was terrified, as was the perp (I think crime was new to him). At some point the shotgun went off accidentally, and in so doing some pellets hit the toupee and sent it flying. The desk
    clerk promptly faints. Perp sees flying hair, figures he's killed the desk clerk, so he gets in his car roars off, goes too fast onto the I-85 and rolls his car where the cops find him. Desk clerk was completely fine.