Page 1511 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 51110111411146115011509151015111512151315211561161120112511 ... LastLast
Results 30,201 to 30,220 of 67370
    I told the salesman at the nearest Nissan dealership that I wanted to test drive a 5 speed Altima. His response was "Why? They don't get better gas mileage." I was replacing my totaled 13 year old 5 speed Altima. I test drove an automatic, basically 10 minutes, and walked away. I shouldn't have given him even that much time.

When I bought the totalled Altima, I went to a Toyota dealership and asked to test drive a 5 speed Camry. Salesman said they didn't come in a 5 speed. I think I shocked him when I said ok and walked out.

My left knee aches if I drive a manual in DC traffic.

They’re a blast in the country, though.

-jk

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    That might be why I don't miss driving one all that much myself. Stick in Boston traffic? Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Ditto, except knee aches in Atlanta traffic. 1987 Firebird Formula that was my company car (my company, so I got to choose the car). I still have it, well maintained, but no longer drive it in Atlanta. It’s for cruising in the mountains of North Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Ditto, except knee aches in Atlanta traffic. 1987 Firebird Formula that was my company car (my company, so I got to choose the car). I still have it, well maintained, but no longer drive it in Atlanta. It’s for cruising in the mountains of North Georgia.
    Atlanta is a lot hillier than people think, once you get out of the flatlands along Peachtree Street.

I learned to drive a stick on I-95. Did you know that you can easily go straight from 2nd to 5th? I did it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Atlanta is a lot hillier than people think, once you get out of the flatlands along Peachtree Street.
    Which Peachtree Street? Seems like there were a lot of them when I lived there. Of course, that was a long time ago, I was in 3rd grade, and I didn't drive.

Car is getting serviced this morning. Spending my time in the lobby wishing I didn't have a car.

When stopped on a steep-ish incline coming out of the underground parking garage at the Gard du Nord in Paris, a Fiat 500 is very hard to get back into gear. Thank goodness for handsome young Frenchmen who take pity on you.

I learned on the fly down in Brazil. The problem I ran into is that there are a lot of big hills in the city I was in. Holding the car at a stop light and then getting going was a task. I’ll admit that I don’t have the hand-foot coordination. That’s also what I use to explain all the typos in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I learned on the fly down in Brazil. The problem I ran into is that there are a lot of big hills in the city I was in. Holding the car at a stop light and then getting going was a task. I’ll admit that I don’t have the hand-foot coordination. That’s also what I use to explain all the typos in my posts.
    You use your feet to type? That could explain a lot of typos. 😊

If the car is equipped with a hand operated emergency break, starting on a hill becomes much easier. I used it a lot in Atlanta.

You use your feet to type? That could explain a lot of typos. 😊
    Multi-tasking at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have a theater friend who is not a good singer but loves to do karaoke.
    Isn't this about 95% of karaoke singers?

My husband says I don't have good eye-hand coordination because I am not a good hitter in softball. I can make contact but I never hit it very hard. It usually hit a little dribbler straight back to the pitcher. The funny thing is though, I can hit the ball much harder and farther in batting practice. I think it's the pressure. Either way, I don't play softball anymore. I did not find it hard to give it up (never really liked it all that much). I sometimes wonder how different my life would have been if there had been girls sports leagues for things other than softball around me when I was growing up. I might love soccer, for example.

Isn't this about 95% of karaoke singers?
    Not with a big group of theater people.

I don't have the patience for softball. I'm usually out in front and end up hitting it to the third baseman or left fielder.

Two '68s and '71 Trans Am. I'd like to trade out one of the '68s for a real '69 GTO Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Which Peachtree Street? Seems like there were a lot of them when I lived there. Of course, that was a long time ago, I was in 3rd grade, and I didn't drive.
    The main drag.

I think there are something like 33 different "Peachtree" right-of-ways in the city.

Two '68s and '71 Trans Am. I'd like to trade out one of the '68s for a real '69 GTO Judge.
    I envy you. I much preferred the muscle cars of the 60’s and actually had one but sold it. But I bought my 87 new and kept it. It came with a 5.0, 5 speed manual stick. I would have preferred more muscle, but for some reason the 5.7 only came with an automatic tranny that year. I wanted a stick.