View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 78-56 win over Florida State?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

11 8.80%
  • Rodney Hood

6 4.80%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

4 3.20%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 0.80%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

103 82.40%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Semi Ojeleye

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Florida State (Jan 25, 2014)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 78-56 win over Florida State?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

MP3 with a pair of 7s and 75% FT.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Marshall brought a ton of energy and made lots of plays with his effort on the glass.

MP3, the energy and the spurt he gave us near the end of the first half were huge.

I only picked Andre because he started for Rodney and got us going early. That doesn't happen, and the whole game changes.

MP3 earned my vote today. 100% of his 7 boards were on the Offensive glass, that shows a special dedication and energy. That follow dunk was sweet, as was the fast-break lay-up. But the best part was the 3 FTs!!! He's finally broken through on that front, but i also think he may have broken through a very important psychological barrier: he can be super productive and an immensely valuable role player on this year's team if he focuses on doing what he can do well. Grab every rebound possible, set hard screens for his teammates, and run like hell in the open court. It's a recipe for success!

Livin' LARGE when it mattered the most, MP3 is my MOTM. And he was only doing stuff he should be able to do again and again. Fine game, Marshall!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Yes Marshall, but maybe not vote this week. Strange game. Want to hear Coach K's evaluation.

Marshall. Brought a lot of energy and knocked down his FTs! Loved his play and had a few great sequences. If he can keep this up and Amile keeps playing the way he's playing, we are set inside.

Why no Semi Ojeleye option?

I voted for Andre Dawkins who started for the sick Rodney Hood and scored our first six points in a game that started off as a slow, low scoring affair. Dawkins' two early threes were big.

Honorable Mention goes to Marshall Plumlee who remains a work in progress with improvement coming in big strides. His game is going to take off one day soon. Perhaps today will be the catalyst for great things to come.
    Bob Green

Let January 25, 2014 go down in the annals of history as the day that Marshall Plumlee... finally!... made a free throw in a college game. Not just one free throw, mind you, but THREE ENTIRE FREE THROWS! After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.

MP3? HELL YEAH, MP3!!

Form

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    Let January 25, 2014 go down in the annals of history as the day that Marshall Plumlee... finally!... made a free throw in a college game. Not just one free throw, mind you, but THREE ENTIRE FREE THROWS! After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.

MP3? HELL YEAH, MP3!!
    He has the best FT form of his two brothers and I suspect he will best their career %.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    MP3 with a pair of 7s and 75% FT.
    Oops, they updated the espn stats for the game. Maybe I should have voted for Jabari whose pair of 14s trumps MP3s pair of 7s . Nah, I'm sticking with Marshall.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Why no Semi Ojeleye option?
    I used ESPN's box score, which only had 10 players for Duke, and I didn't remember Semi getting floor time to correct it myself. He's an option now.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I used ESPN's box score, which only had 10 players for Duke, and I didn't remember Semi getting floor time to correct it myself. He's an option now.
    I think he went in the last minute of the game.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    He also played one defensive possession in the final minute of the first half.

I went with Marshall. Great game for him. The reverse layup showed great agility and skill, The offensive rebounding, breaking the free throw barrier, not letting go on the tie up, wonderful breakout game for MP3.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I didn't notice him in the game but the espn box score ( http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400502810) credited him with 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    After starting his career on a 16(?)-miss streak, he's now on a 3-make streak.
    In the grand DBR tradition of perplexing player comparisons, let me be the first to say that I look at Marshall Plumlee and I see Duke's own version of Mark Price.

First... and last.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    In the grand DBR tradition of perplexing player comparisons, let me be the first to say that I look at Marshall Plumlee and I see Duke's own version of Mark Price.

First... and last.
    Of all college basketball players whose names include the letters Mar_ P___e, I cannot think of two players more alike in terms of overall skill set than Marshall Plumlee and Mark Price.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

First... and last.
    Practically identical - but for the 10 or 11 inches.