View Poll Results: "Cougars" - Define them

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Older but desperate women

3 7.50%
  • Older but sexy and desirable women

25 62.50%
  • Older women who should be avoided at all cost (e.g. crazy)

5 12.50%
  • Older but worth a one-nighter?

5 12.50%
  • Older but hey, I could spend my life with one.

2 5.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Also in the model who has aged well category, Paulina Porizkova, even if her dancing didn't pass muster, plus she's a knitter. She always was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]
    Funny you should ask that today. My dad is currently playing a pro-am round with Natalie Gulbis in Charleston. But I don't think he would fit this category because 1) he's happily married and 2) he has no chance.

Oh and as an aside on fabulous DBR posters, there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil lived in the same dorm at Duke.

Were you there for the infamous Spirit Keg Victory, CathyCA? The dorm was Aycock. The cheer? Well, let's just say there was no competition that day.

Aycock girls, fabulous forever.

Snap. HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

THANKS BILLYBREEN!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Funny you should ask that today. My dad is currently playing a pro-am round with Natalie Gulbis in Charleston. But I don't think he would fit this category because 1) he's happily married and 2) he has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Also in the model who has aged well category, Paulina Porizkova, even if her dancing didn't pass muster, plus she's a knitter. She always was my favorite.
    Paulina, Rick, and Colbert -- one of the best things ever.

Oh and as an aside on fabulous DBR posters, there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil lived in the same dorm at Duke.

Were you there for the infamous Spirit Keg Victory, CathyCA? The dorm was Aycock. The cheer? Well, let's just say there was no competition that day.

Aycock girls, fabulous forever.
    One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??
    Sadly not, from this corner. I lived in Giles.

EarlJam, don't get too excited. I'm pretty sure that photo has had a little, uh, work done much like Paulina herself.

Billybreen, I'm officially jealous of your dad. The best I can do is that I'm volunteering at that tournament on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    That's right!!! (I didn't forget about you but as you hadn't posted in this thread I wasn't sure I should mention you. We are admitting to be 'of Cougar age' after all.)

Were you at the infamous Spirit Keg Victory? There used to be a picture of us in the Alumni office from that game.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    plus she's a knitter.
    Is that a euphemism?

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Is that a euphemism?
    No, she knits. I knit. It's kind of a cult. We get together and touch the cashmere in yarn stores. Knitters I mean. I haven't done that with Paulina yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Sadly not, from this corner. I lived in Giles.
    Giles ruled. I had a window on the back side of the top floor, that enabled some nice dormer-deck sunning, and access onto the rooftop for viewing the whole East quad.

Wow, this thing has legs. Pun very much intended.

The 2-seeds are Sharon Stone (50), Teri Hatcher (43), Liz Claman (44) and Rudi Bakhtiar (41).

Someone mentioned Madonna (49). She makes it in as a six-seed against #11 Cindy McCain (54).

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Billybreen, I'm officially jealous of your dad. The best I can do is that I'm volunteering at that tournament on Sunday.
    My dad is an insane PGA groupie, so he manages to finagle his way into a lot of things like this. It's a tough life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    What are men who date significantly younger women called? [please don't say lucky]
    Rich.

Is there some reason that the cutoff has been listed as 40? I upset one of my coworkers a couple months back when I described a place where women in their mid-late 30s hung out as a cougar den (she's 34). For some reason I've always thought of them as being slightly younger, but maybe that's because there are lots of women around here in their late 30s on the prowl.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Is there some reason that the cutoff has been listed as 40? I upset one of my coworkers a couple months back when I described a place where women in their mid-late 30s hung out as a cougar den (she's 34). For some reason I've always thought of them as being slightly younger, but maybe that's because there are lots of women around here in their late 30s on the prowl.
    Yeah, let's knock it down to 35 so that I can get Catherine Zeta Jones in on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Rich.
    Post of the Year!

And the TRUTH, will set you free!

-EJ

Seriously, I think women in their 40s are sexier, more attractive than most younger girls. I usually prefer the age range of 37 - 43 or so, though I've dated and carfoongled younger than that.

They (35+) are more experienced in many ways and the conversation is usually much stronger. Yeah, weird to hear a guy care about quality of conversation, but afterall, I AM EarlJam.

So to all women 35, 40+, and even beyond, I salute you! And I want to be with you.

-EarlJam

P.S. That's, 1-900-EARL-JAM

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Wow, this thing has legs. Pun very much intended.

The 2-seeds are Sharon Stone (50), Teri Hatcher (43), Liz Claman (44) and Rudi Bakhtiar (41).

Someone mentioned Madonna (49). She makes it in as a six-seed against #11 Cindy McCain (54).
    We're starting to need our own thread.