Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1724
    Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    I appreciate your attempt at humor.
    Please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Regarding the bolded ---- I think that's why the LAC are tied for second in the revised odds. There's an expectation built in that Kawhi goes to the Clippers.
    Exactly. He’s as good as gone from Toronto. He’s an LA kid, he bought a $13.3 million home in LA in January, and he’s not going to the Lakers, so....Kawhi will be a Clipper next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Please elaborate
    You've made some pretty bold claims, but they don't hold much water. The Lakers with AD, Kemba, and Lebron. And the rest of the roster is composed of walk-ons?

If you've learned anything in all your time following sports, it should be that during this time of year it's that 99% of the stories you read and hear are completely bogus, just like all the info you hear prior to the NFL Draft.

You've made some pretty bold claims, but they don't hold much water. The Lakers with AD, Kemba, and Lebron. And the rest of the roster is composed of walk-ons?

If you've learned anything in all your time following sports, it should be that during this time of year it's that 99% of the stories you read and hear are completely bogus, just like all the info you hear prior to the NFL Draft.
    Sorry, pal, I’m pretty confident you are the one not holding much water. My predicting Anthony Davis to the Lakers, Kawhi to the Clippers, and Kyrie leaving Boston does not qualify as being the slightest bit “bold”. Those three things are all widely expected to happen.

And if you’ll notice (which it appears you didn’t) I put a question mark by Kemba Walker going to the Lakers, clearly indicating that was not a prediction but simply a possibility. So, what else ya’ got?

Sorry, pal, I’m pretty confident you are the one not holding much water. My predicting Anthony Davis to the Lakers, Kawhi to the Clippers, and Kyrie leaving Boston does not qualify as being the slightest bit “bold”. Those three things are all widely thought of as expected to happen.

And if you’ll notice (which it appears you didn’t) I put a question mark by Kemba Walker going to the Lakers, clearly indicating that was not a prediction but simply a possibility. So, what else ya’ got?
    You are using language like "almost certainly," which seems premature 23 hours after the season has ended. Unless you really have inside information, there's an awful lot of pieces to fall into place over the next 16 days.
    You can state that it's your opinion, or that you think it's likely. But when you state things as fact, well.. I guess we shall see. Perhaps you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You are using language like "almost certainly," which seems premature 23 hours after the season has ended. Unless you really have inside information, there's an awful lot of pieces to fall into place over the next 16 days.
    You can state that it's your opinion, or that you think it's likely. But when you state things as fact, well.. I guess we shall see. Perhaps you are correct.
    These are my opinions based on the cumulative information I have gathered. And “23 hours after the season has ended” is nowhere near the starting point. These things have literally been in the works for months. But, yeah, we shall see.

These are my opinions based on the cumulative information I have gathered. And “23 hours after the season has ended” is nowhere near the starting point. These things have literally been in the works for months. But, yeah, we shall see.
    Sorry, but you continue to provide me with a good laugh.
    It was just a short time ago that KD and Kyrie to the Knicks was a done deal. You might want to invest in some Windex, as your crystal ball seems to have some serious smudge marks effecting your vision.

Warriors GM says they are going to do "everything they can" to retain Klay and KD. If so, this whole incident has to increase the chance of returning to the Warriors right? The rumors were he wanted to get paid before. And so with his future in jeopardy, a long term deal has to look pretty attractive. And the Warriors can offer a super-max which nobody else can match.

- I've also heard the rumors AD is pushing hard to go to the Lakers. No idea if they are reliable.
    - I would be quite surprised if Kawhi left Toronto this season.
    - Feels like the Warriors are far from a lock to even make the playoffs next season. They probably will be similar to the Game 3 Finals lineup for most of the season, and Curry won't have the stamina to do everything himself on offense for 82 games. On the other hand, regular season opponents won't be as prepared as the Raptors were, and the Warriors can get away with playing people like Jerebko for a little shooting help.

It was just a short time ago that KD and Kyrie to the Knicks was a done deal. You might want to invest in some Windex, as your crystal ball seems to have some serious smudge marks effecting your vision.
    I didn’t mention KD other than to say he is injured and cannot help Golden State this coming season. And all I said about Kyrie is that he is leaving Boston. Thus your comment about KD and Kyrie going to the Knicks — or not going, as you seem to be suggesting — has no relevance to what I have said here tonight.
    Last edited by Steven43; 06-15-2019 at 02:49 AM.

As we used to say in the Pentagon, "Those who live by the crystal ball are destined to eat ground glass."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Per Woj, the Pelicans have agreed to trade AD to the Lakers for Alonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and 3 1sts. Major power shift for the west is in progress.

Anyone got a spare towel so I can wipe the egg off my face?

Credit where due. Apologies. And righteous sporks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Credit where due. Apologies. And righteous sporks.
    Thank you. It’s all good.

Anyone got a spare towel so I can wipe the egg off my face?
    It happens, you know? No big deal.
    But remember, even though Anthony Davis did indeed get traded to the Lakers (and they traded Lonzo Ball, so they do need a PG as I surmised) there are still two things that have to happen for me to be fully correct — Kawhi going to the Clippers and Kyrie leaving Boston. Kemba Walker going to the Lakers would be a special bonus. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Kinda fun... Here is the Raptors roster along with their draft pick...
    How did DBR do with this roster in its mock NBA drafts? I've added to Jason's list in bold print.

OG Anunoby - 23rd pick, 1st round, by Raptors
    Drafted #19 in 2017 by JasonEvans

Chris Boucher - undrafted free agent
    Not drafted by DBR in 2017

Marc Gasol - 48th pick, 2nd round, by Lakers and traded to Memphis
    Drafted #16 in 2007 by JBDuke

Danny Green - 46th pick, 2nd round, by Cavs
    I couldn't find a 2009 DBR Mock Draft, which makes sense (Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green) but also doesn't (Gerald Henderson?).

Serge Ibaka - 24th pick, 1st round, by Seattle Supersonics (remember them?)
    Now I understand: the 2008 DBR Mock Draft meandered and died after barely finishing the first round. Ibaka was drafted at #25 by MarineTwinsDad, who had the #26 pick but got tired of waiting.

Kawhi Leonard - 15th pick, 1st round, by Pacers and traded to Spurs for George Hill (how did that work out, Indy?)
    Wow, 2008 left a mark. No DBR Mock Drafts in 2011...

Jeremy Lin - undrafted free agent
    ...or 2010.

Kyle Lowry - 24th pick, 1st round, by Grizzlies
    2006 predates this version of DBR. This 2007 thread suggests that DBR did do a 2006 mock draft, but with a group poll format rather than a GM format. Anyone know what happened?

Jordan Loyd - undrafted free agent
    Not drafted by DBR in 2016

Patrick McCaw - 38th pick, 2nd round, by Milwaukee
    Drafted #27 in 2016 by mattman91 (for Toronto! That would have saved him moving expenses to Golden State/Santa Cruz and Cleveland in between.)

Jodie Meeks - 41st pick, 2nd round, by Milwaukee
    Again, no 2009 DBR Mock Draft.

Malcolm Miller - undrafted free agent
    Not drafted by DBR in 2015

Eric Moreland - undrafted free agent
    Not drafted by DBR in 2014

Norman Powell - 46th pick, 2nd round, by Milwaukee who traded him along with a 1st rounder (who later became OG Anunoby) for Grievis Vasquez
    Drafted #48 in 2015 by NSDukeFan

Pascal Siakam - 27th pick, 1st round, by Raptors
    Drafted #43 in 2016 by Troublemaker

Fred VanVleet - undrafted free agent
    Drafted #57 in 2016 by jacone21

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    How did DBR do with this roster in its mock NBA drafts? I've added to Jason's list in bold print.

I couldn't find a 2009 DBR Mock Draft, which makes sense (Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green) but also doesn't (Gerald Henderson?).

Now I understand: the 2008 DBR Mock Draft meandered and died after barely finishing the first round. Ibaka was drafted at #25 by MarineTwinsDad, who had the #26 pick but got tired of waiting.

Kawhi Leonard - 15th pick, 1st round, by Pacers and traded to Spurs for George Hill (how did that work out, Indy?)

...or 2010.

2006 predates this version of DBR. This 2007 thread suggests that DBR did do a 2006 mock draft, but with a group poll format rather than a GM format. Anyone know what happened?

Drafted #27 in 2016 by mattman91 (for Toronto! That would have saved him moving expenses to Golden State/Santa Cruz and Cleveland in between.)

Norman Powell - 46th pick, 2nd round, by Milwaukee who traded him along with a 1st rounder (who later became OG Anunoby) for Grievis Vasquez

Username does not check out this one time.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

...or 2010.

The Raptors are a bit like UVA- strong fundamentals, a bunch of no names with one strong two way player- and had a ton of luck to win it all.

I must spread the love around... so while I am doing that, I hope the rest of ya'll can take care of Brevity's sporks for that impressive work!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I must spread the love around... so while I am doing that, I hope the rest of ya'll can take care of Brevity's sporks for that impressive work!
    I had the same problem -- bravo Brevity!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013