Page 1166 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1666661066111611561164116511661167116811761216126616662166 ... LastLast
Results 23,301 to 23,320 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Moving, even if it's just a few miles down the road, is a real pain.
    A few years ago we moved just 4 blocks down the road for 7 months while our house was being renovated. It was still a real pain...

-jk

Although I am sad to hear that Rip Torn has passed, I thought he had gone on a few years ago.

Now I'm struggling to remember who it was that died then.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Although I am sad to hear that Rip Torn has passed, I thought he had gone on a few years ago.

I looked at a picture of the recently deceased Rip Torn and didn't recognize him. Now I'm trying to put a name to the face that I thought was Rip Torn.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A few years ago we moved just 4 blocks down the road for 7 months while our house was being renovated. It was still a real pain...

-jk
    Many moons ago, the wife and I bought the house across the street from where we were renting. It was horrible. Made the idiotic decision to not rent a moving truck. Along about the 75th trip across the street with a sofa, chair, Kitchen Aid... I realized the error of my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Many moons ago, the wife and I bought the house across the street from where we were renting. It was horrible. Made the idiotic decision to not rent a moving truck. Along about the 75th trip across the street with a sofa, chair, Kitchen Aid... I realized the error of my ways.
    If it was just across the street, I think the truck wouldn't have helped much.

Hiring the movers themselves, though...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I looked at a picture of the recently deceased Rip Torn and didn't recognize him. Now I'm trying to put a name to the face that I thought was Rip Torn.
    He was great as the villain in Silence of the Lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    If it was just across the street, I think the truck wouldn't have helped much.

Hiring the movers themselves, though...

-jk
    It was literally across the street. Uphill both ways.

I am cooking up all the ripe peppers and tomatoes from the garden. I am watching Prime Minister’s Questions from today on YouTube, wondering whether to watch the World Series of Poker or the Tour de France broadcasts at the top of the hour.

I’m pretty darn far from Dead tours and the late night concerts of my youth.

Life is funny that way I guess.

I am cooking up all the ripe peppers and tomatoes from the garden. I am watching Prime Minister’s Questions from today on YouTube, wondering whether to watch the World Series of Poker or the Tour de France broadcasts at the top of the hour.

I’m pretty darn far from Dead tours and the late night concerts of my youth.

Life is funny that way I guess.
    What are you doing with them?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    1. Sauté chopped garden peppers (green, Pinot Noir and and a medium heat hybrid), and sliced garden okra, in olive oil and Irish butter until soft. Some salt and pepper added. Put into pot.
    2. Slice garden tomatoes (Roma and two types of hybrids) and throw in pot. Char sliced garden cherry tomatoes in oil and add in.
    3. Add some water, kosher salt, and veal stock. Simmer pot for about 40 minutes.
    4. Let cool, then smooth in blender and put in fridge.

Not sure of next step. Will taste when cool, then either add garden Italian herbs for gravy or garden Tex-Mex herbs for salsa. Maybe halve and do both.

May also add leftover brisket burnt ends and corn, and make Hoppin’ OPK.

Lots of options, not sure where it is going yet.

Hopefully to a gastrointestinal system near you?

Making biofuel, what else?

1. Sauté chopped garden peppers (green, Pinot Noir and and a medium heat hybrid), and sliced garden okra, in olive oil and Irish butter until soft. Some salt and pepper added. Put into pot.
    2. Slice garden tomatoes (Roma and two types of hybrids) and throw in pot. Char sliced garden cherry tomatoes in oil and add in.
    3. Add some water, kosher salt, and veal stock. Simmer pot for about 40 minutes.
    4. Let cool, then smooth in blender and put in fridge.

Not sure of next step. Will taste when cool, then either add garden Italian herbs for gravy or garden Tex-Mex herbs for salsa. Maybe halve and do both.

May also add leftover brisket burnt ends and corn, and make Hoppin’ OPK.

Lots of options, not sure where it is going yet.
    You sir appear to have some moves! I like to tinker, too, so I'd probably go halvies...

You sir appear to have some moves! I like to tinker, too, so I'd probably go halvies...
    I've got moves like Jagger, and I dance like Uma Thurman.

Next time, skip the butter, ease up on the oil and add vodka after it all cools and bring me a nice Bloody Mary.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Next time, skip the butter, ease up on the oil and add vodka after it all cools and bring me a nice Bloody Mary.
    Y'know, I should have thought of that -- excellent suggestion. May still have to try it.

If it doesn't work, next batch of tomatoes will be ready soon.

^^^Lol.

OPK, do you have a hand crank food mill to remove the skins of lightly parboiled tomatoes? it helps.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

^^^Lol.

OPK, do you have a hand crank food mill to remove the skins of lightly parboiled tomatoes? it helps.
    I don't, will look into it. I have never had much problem with the skins as long as you notch a small X at the tip before parboiling, then let them stay in the ice bath a good while.

I have also pressed the mash through a sieve to take out wayward skins after that point but I generally don't get that precise.

Vroom, vroom!