Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This week’s tour stop is the Mayakoba Golf Classic in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Thursday tee times:

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/1...times-tv-info/

Adam Long, 08:10 #1
    Kevin Streelman, 12:00 #10
    Day one in the books: Streels at -2 and T-19. Adam at -1 and T-36.

Looks like even par to make the cut. I have not played this course in Playa del Carmen, Yucatan, but I stayed for several days in the hotel next door. It's a beautiful part of Mexico.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Second Round tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 7:30 am #1
    Adam Long, 12:45 pm #10
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman shot Even par (71) today to remain -2 for the tournament. He is currently T31.
    Bob Green

Long and Streelman both tee off at 10:50 am today. Long (T20) off #1; Streelman (T48) off #10.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Long and Streelman both tee off at 10:50 am today. Long (T20) off #1; Streelman (T48) off #10.
    Holy moly! Look at Adam Long! Six under through eight holes and in 2nd place.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Thanks for the update; golf channel just mentioned him but focusing on the guys in the last group.

FWIW, Brittany Lang 1 back at -3 in the early 3rd round of LPGA event.

He added a birdie on nine and shot 29.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    He added a birdie on nine and shot 29.
    Adam continuing to hum along at -7.

Streels coming back from a disastrous tenth hole (# 1 on the course) -- he made "a bogey on his second ball." This is terminology I am very familiar with on my mountain home course. That's a triple bogey for the innocents out there.
    Sage Grouse

Adam continuing to hum along at -7.

Streels coming back from a disastrous tenth hole (# 1 on the course) -- he made "a bogey on his second ball." This is terminology I am very familiar with on my mountain home course. That's a triple bogey for the innocents out there.
    Long finishes at -13, with a 63(and missed fairly easy putt on 18). Currently only 1 back, but others have more holes left.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Long finishes at -13, with a 63(and missed fairly easy putt on 18). Currently only 1 back, but others have more holes left.
    And Kevin Streelman began his back nine with the aforementioned seven (+3) and then proceeded to make four birdies to salvage his round. His even-par score leaves him T-60 -- but there's still tomorrow.

It would be great to see Adam win. Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Round 4 with a late start due to weather. Streelman off to a fast start with birdies on his first two holes (10 & 11).
    Bob Green

Long one back (-16) on back nine. Ton of players at -16 and -17.

Streelman with a -7 (64) today to finish the tournament at -9. He is currently T32.

Long is in 4th place three shots back with a couple holes left.
    Bob Green

Long birdies 16 to pull within one of the lead behind two players and tied with a one other at -18

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Long birdies 16 to pull within one of the lead behind two players and tied with a one other at -18
    The mangroves cost him (big slice); so Long will not win. Still in 3rd going to 18th hole.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    The mangroves cost him (big slice); so Long will not win. Still in 3rd going to 18th hole.
    Finished at -17, can be no worse than fourth, most likely tied for third. Good tournament.

It's truly annoying but DirecTV and the owners of NBC 4 in Denver are having a dispute, and the channel is blocked on my receiver. I've heard of disputes with cable channels, but with an over-the-air station?
    Sage Grouse

Finished at -17, can be no worse than fourth, most likely tied for third. Good tournament.
    A $424,400 weekend of work for Adam... not bad.

Perhaps more significantly, he jumped up to #21 in the FedEx Cup standings, though it is absurdly early in that big money contest.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

And Kevin with the final round 64 for T32 still dropped a few spots in the FedEx to #50.

Four former Blue Devils are competing this week in the US Women’s Open in Houston:

Ana Belac
    Celine Boutier
    Brittany Lang
    Yu Liu

Not a good start yesterday. Boutier and Lang went +2 and are T55. Liu and Belac shot +5 and are T108.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Four former Blue Devils are competing this week in the US Women’s Open in Houston:

Ana Belac
    Celine Boutier
    Brittany Lang
    Yu Liu

Not a good start yesterday. Boutier and Lang went +2 and are T55. Liu and Belac shot +5 and are T108.
    I still include Mini Harigae and she’s -1 if I recall (10th place approx).