Page 107 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 757971051061071081091171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Would you mind if the LTE, OTB, YB folks hang out on your deck with you this summer ! Ymmm, beer floats!
    I do believe beer floats will become Brunchgate fare.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Oh, why not start a little imperial series here.
    Here is my first addition to the imperial series. Samuel Adams Imperial White. (Fittingly, one of the "Imperial Series" from SA...says so right on the label.) This is a wheat beer with lots of alcohol, 10.3%ABV. Tons of body, it pours almost thick, but with almost no head. Deceptively billed as a white, the color is a deep gold, and like most wheat beers it is fairly cloudy. Very bitter, the fruity flavors bear out citrus notes with spices on top. I'm impressed by this ale, I'll be buying it again after I try the others in the series. (The store had an imperial double bock and imperial stout, not sure if it's just those three.) Comes in a 4 pack, and pricey, almost 10 bucks. But that's 1/2 the price of Chimay when you consider you get a total of 48 ounces instead of 25. One last note, the bottle suggests aging. I bet this would be really great in a year. I won't be finding out. I'll have to trade away to DD so he can cellar them for a later review.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Would you mind if the LTE, OTB, YB folks hang out on your deck with you this summer ! Ymmm, beer floats!
    Can I come and enjoy? The beer float DD made for me was a woosh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Here is my first addition to the imperial series. Samuel Adams Imperial White. (Fittingly, one of the "Imperial Series" from SA...says so right on the label.) This is a wheat beer with lots of alcohol, 10.3%ABV. Tons of body, it pours almost thick, but with almost no head. Deceptively billed as a white, the color is a deep gold, and like most wheat beers it is fairly cloudy. Very bitter, the fruity flavors bear out citrus notes with spices on top. I'm impressed by this ale, I'll be buying it again after I try the others in the series. (The store had an imperial double bock and imperial stout, not sure if it's just those three.) Comes in a 4 pack, and pricey, almost 10 bucks. But that's 1/2 the price of Chimay when you consider you get a total of 48 ounces instead of 25. One last note, the bottle suggests aging. I bet this would be really great in a year. I won't be finding out. I'll have to trade away to DD so he can cellar them for a later review.
    I purchased the SA mix back in the summer which included the SA summer ale... I have to say that I like that one! I think there was also a boston ale (dark brew), which I also like very much! Yum, Yumm, Beer! the other variety wasn't bad, but who cares about taste after 2 or 3 good ones?

If you all make your way to Northwest Ohio, feel free to join me. Either that or join us in Seal Harbor, Maine as we vacation with our family late in July.

I really would like to get to a football game in Durham this next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    I could not wait until Friday--I tried the beer float just a few minutes ago... The more the ice cream melted into the beer, the better I liked the entire concoction. I believe it would make a great summertime drink out on my deck.
    I told you! It is something to be anticipated! Beer-cream!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Here is my first addition to the imperial series. Samuel Adams Imperial White.
    I had a Sam Adams White draft at Ruby Tuesday's last week. It was their beer of the day so I ordered it. It was a little bitter for my taste. I finished it, but when I went there the other day, I ordered a Bud Light!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I had a Sam Adams White draft at Ruby Tuesday's last week. It was their beer of the day so I ordered it. It was a little bitter for my taste. I finished it, but when I went there the other day, I ordered a Bud Light!
    Ahhh, but it's good to see you experimenting.

Ahhh, but it's good to see you experimenting.
    I've never been against experimenting, I just know what I like.

9F 9F 9F

I could not wait until Friday--I tried the beer float just a few minutes ago. Fort Collins Chocolate Stout and vanilla ice cream in a Duke mug. Beer first, then two scoops of ice cream. It foamed up a little, looked really good. My first sip was disappointingly bitter,--but--the first taste of ice cream I spooned out was very good, great in fact. After a little experimenting I concluded that all joking aside, the beer "cooler" was better to me than the float. The more the ice cream melted into the beer, the better I liked the entire concoction. I believe it would make a great summertime drink out on my deck.
    Ahh, another convert

Save one of each for me and I'll trade you the Imperial Pilsner, Imperial Red Ale and an Imperial Stout. Seriously.

Haven't been off-topic in a long time, but when beer's involved, hey, it's worth a gander. Ozzie will be surprised to know I'm a Bud Light Lime convert from Bud Light, not sure I'd want to dabble putting ice cream in it, but who knows. I'm working on one now before turning in, getting up at 5:45 and returning to work, only to get home, lubricate, in prep for crushing the Twerps tomorrow night. Thursday I'm off, the forecast is decent, so I'll try the new BLL cans on the golf course, to see if it serves as good a steering fluid as regular Bud Light Stay tuned, I'll answer Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Haven't been off-topic in a long time, but when beer's involved, hey, it's worth a gander. Ozzie will be surprised to know I'm a Bud Light Lime convert from Bud Light, not sure I'd want to dabble putting ice cream in it, but who knows. I'm working on one now before turning in, getting up at 5:45 and returning to work, only to get home, lubricate, in prep for crushing the Twerps tomorrow night. Thursday I'm off, the forecast is decent, so I'll try the new BLL cans on the golf course, to see if it serves as good a steering fluid as regular Bud Light Stay tuned, I'll answer Thursday night.
    Hmm, BLL posts are maybe left for the "Ycch, Beer" thread...

Welcome to the beer gang, duketaylor - the OTB drinkers are a friendly bunch.

Ozzie will be surprised to know I'm a Bud Light Lime convert from Bud Light
    I'm not surprised, that's what you ordered at the Millennium before the NC State game. IIRC, they didn't have it available. I've never tried it, but I do like lime in Mexican beers, like Tecate' or Corona, so why not!

9F 9F 9F

Thumbs up

... Ozzie will be surprised to know I'm a Bud Light Lime convert from Bud Light, ... I'm working on one now ....
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    ... I've never tried it, but I do like lime in Mexican beers, like Tecate' or Corona, so why not!
    Funny, last night I was drinking a Bud Light Lime (BLL) while reviewing this thread to see if anyone had talked about this brand yet, but I pooped out early after a long day. I was surprised to see this morning that someone else was doing the same thing and posted about it! What a small world, GMTA! I had been seeing BLL and wondering about it and finally this past weekend I tasted one for the first time. I had heard others give it mixed reviews, but was pleasantly surprised that it had a similar taste to a corona (probably the light) with a lime, however, it wasn't as heavy as the real corona with a lime, but would do in a pinch to quench the thirst!

If you all make your way to Northwest Ohio, feel free to join me. Either that or join us in Seal Harbor, Maine as we vacation with our family late in July.

I really would like to get to a football game in Durham this next season.
    Drat - where was this invite when I was riding my bicycle around northwest Ohio in the summer of '07?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Drat - where was this invite when I was riding my bicycle around northwest Ohio in the summer of '07?
    GOBA? They will ride within a mile or two of my home again this summer. All riders should have a beer float break.

GOBA? They will ride within a mile or two of my home again this summer. All riders should have a beer float break.
    No - just a family vacation. Started and ended in Toledo with overnight stops in Findlay, Springfield, Fostoria and a few others. Enjoyed the B-17 project in Urbana and the chocolate shop outside West Liberty. If you haven't seen the B-17 project, it is worth a visit. I think they are in the middle of moving to a bigger building at Grimes Field, so not sure how much you can see for the next few months - I believe their camera is offline at the moment.

Nefarious thread hijacking

Two beer happenings to report. Friday, March 6 there is a beer tasting for charity event in Toledo. Several breweries and distributors will be "selling" short pours of their products. Goose Island and Bells are among the breweries. To prepare, I bought a bottle of Bell's Hopslam to drink this weekend. I am wondering how much of a honey taste it has. Probably has been reviewed here, but I am too lazy to search for it.