Page 1318 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3188181218126813081316131713181319132013281368141818182318 ... LastLast
Results 26,341 to 26,360 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    So, why do we think some places are panicking more than others? I live in a state that has shut down all public schools for several weeks and also in a county that has additional closures announced by the state but the Wal-Marts and grocery stores aren't all that bad. Some shelves are light and there's no hand sanitizer but that's about it.

My most recent data point was yesterday so maybe today is bedlam.
    I think locally, the situation was exacerbated by everyone returning from spring break in the last day or so. (They've extended it another two weeks until the end of March, but all the coastal timeshares, etc. are committed to later spring breakers.) But when they see low stock on shelves, they panic. Another potential contributor is that so many cases end up here locally due to military hospitals being a primary source of quarantined travelers. And the final thing I will say, is that we are good at this. Hurricanes can often head this way and occasionally hit us, so people are used to this to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We watched Best in Show last night. This is maybe my #1 favorite comedy movie. If you haven't seen it all, or even if you have - it gets my highest recommendation for a pick-me-up this March. The actors play their parts to perfection and it's brilliantly funny.

Grandfather isn't going to make it through the night. Prayers and vibes needed for my family tonight. My dad's having a rough day and I'm too far away to be there for him. Rough feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Grandfather isn't going to make it through the night. Prayers and vibes needed for my family tonight. My dad's having a rough day and I'm too far away to be there for him. Rough feeling.
    I'm so sorry. Prayers and vibes on the way.

-jk

Very sorry to hear. Nothing but positivity from your DBR family.

i

Prayer and vibes from South Central Texas.

Always a painful period for all. Prayers and blessings to your grandfather and to all in your family.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Sorry Matt, prayers sent.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers, hugs, and vibes heading everyone's way.

Thanks everyone. I'm currently at Camp Lejeune visiting my brother. He is very upset. The DOD is suspending leave for all employees due to COVID-19, so it's doubtful he will even be able to make the funeral. This is awful all around.

Thanks everyone. I'm currently at Camp Lejeune visiting my brother. He is very upset. The DOD is suspending leave for all employees due to COVID-19, so it's doubtful he will even be able to make the funeral. This is awful all around.
    Your story is upsetting. Lots of people are in very uncomfortable situations right now, but your family is definitely in a bad spot.

I owe you a beer when we get to the other side of... all this.

I’m so sorry to hear.

Prayers for you and the family.

...Prayers and vibes needed for my family...
    Thinking of you matty.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I'm sorry. Prayers and good vibes to your and your family!

Headed into the unknown at work. Lots of meetings being canceled.

Thanks for the prayers.

When I have more time, I'll post a longer update. The short update for now is that my grandfather is (hopefully) going to be OK. He did not have a stroke, but has a bad infection and pneumonia.

Thanks for the prayers.

When I have more time, I'll post a longer update. The short update for now is that my grandfather is (hopefully) going to be OK. He did not have a stroke, but has a bad infection and pneumonia.
    Wow. That's amazing news. Hope he isn't in the hospital very long.

Thanks for the prayers.

Whew, good to hear but obviously still serious issues to be taken care of. Hopefully, he is getting some good care now and recovering quickly. I went through something similar while visiting my parents in January.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Headed into the unknown at work. Lots of meetings being canceled.
    Two other people in a seating area of 200. Yes, we are keeping our distance.