Page 1022 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2252292297210121020102110221023102410321072112215222022 ... LastLast
Results 20,421 to 20,440 of 67390
    Still snowing here in Asheville, 26 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Still snowing here in Asheville, 26 hours later.
    Same here in a atlanta. Truly a significant snow event for us.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It has now started snowing in Boston. Small flakes. The flat part of the roof just outside my window is cold enough to preserve individual flakes for inspection. I can't see details but I can see the outlines. I can look out on a field of tiny white stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It has now started snowing in Boston. Small flakes. The flat part of the roof just outside my window is cold enough to preserve individual flakes for inspection. I can't see details but I can see the outlines. I can look out on a field of tiny white stars.
    How poetic! Just started here in the Philthy burbs; calling for 1-3" here, so no biggie. Re-stocked the firewood and kindling on the porch for this evening.

This morning, Mrs. Turk and I had a verbal joust with Sunshine, who just got her driver's license last month and is full of piss and vinegar. She wanted to drive to work today, but we insisted we would give her a ride, given the length of the drive, the type of roads, the unreliability of the weather guessers, and her lack of experience on the frozen stuff. I actually think she does quite well behind the wheel, and we'll get her a bit more practice under more controlled circumstances.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Thanksgiving turkey broth + ham hock + 15 bean mix + some kick = perfect drizzly day pregame meal.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanksgiving turkey broth + ham hock + 15 bean mix + some kick = perfect drizzly day pregame meal.
    A good meal spoiled?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    A good meal spoiled?
    Nah. Good food is good food. Early season loss for a young team helps focus the mind.

BC shot lights out, tipping my hat and moving on.

Yay! The local sheriff dept culled three deer from our woods this weekend. Venison for Christmas.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I will say - I like the looks of over 1000 pages and over 20,000 posts when you look at this thread from above.

I went to my first hockey game yesterday - not NHL. I know it was a hockey game because there was a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I went to my first hockey game yesterday - not NHL. I know it was a hockey game because there was a fight.
    "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!"
    "Quality is not an option!"

Time for me to snap out of a distinct slide into "grumpy-holiday-weezie"...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Last day at my old job. Bittersweet.

Not really, it's mostly sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Last day at my old job. Bittersweet.

Not really, it's mostly sweet.
    Where are you now, Matt?

{slow relaxed exhale}

Never gets old,

https://vimeo.com/148990643

I post this here because the true acolytes on the other thread would scoff. I only like to dole out scoffs...I don't take them very well.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Never gets old,

https://vimeo.com/148990643

I post this here because the true acolytes on the other thread would scoff. I only like to dole out scoffs...I don't take them very well.
    I sing the first bit to my kids all the time. They look at me funny. I should probably show them this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I sing the first bit to my kids all the time. They look at me funny. I should probably show them this.
    Pretty sure they will be looking at you 'more funnier' after you do. My children (older than yours) are pretty used to the looney tunes I bring to the table.

As long as they can keep me from breaking out into a dance, they feel they are in control of the situation.

I've never been to a hockey game nor have I ever sung "Star Wars".

I plan to sneak out of work tomorrow afternoon to watch a Star War.