Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yes, no cut after 2 rounds. Incidentally, believe this was the last official PGA win for Arnie. I recall watching him beat Fat Jack from a sofa at Duke in 1972 or 1973😀
    1973 at the Bob Hope Desert Classic. Also won on other occasions.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Palmer won the Dessert Classic by 2 strokes. Beating Nicklaus and Johnny Miller. Sage is absolutely correct - 1973 !

Streelman shot a -4 68 today. He is -12 for the tournament and tied for 29th place with golfers still playing.
    Bob Green

Adam Long is nine under in today's round with a hole to go. He's two off the lead.

Adam Long playing with leader Mickelson today and three back thru 7 holes.

After being 4 shots behind Adam Hadwin, Adam Long is now only one shot back with 4 holes to play (on the golf channel).

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Adam Long playing with leader Mickelson today and three back thru 7 holes.
    Long tied for 2nd with Phil and only 2 back of leader after 13. Big deal for him in the money/qualifying standings if he can finish top 3. Looks like better update above.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Long tied for 2nd with Phil and only 2 back of leader after 13. Big deal for him in the money/qualifying standings if he can finish top 3. Looks like better update above.
    I'd venture to say he wouldn't take second or third at this point if offered.

Now tied for the lead after his second chip in for birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Now tied for the lead after his second chip in for birdie.
    Earlier the commentator said it's unusual to see Duke atop the leaderboard. I found that confounding.

Three-way tie with Lefty and Hadwin going into 18. Long will have a kinda funky approach after leaving his drive in the right rough.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Long hits a terrific approach to 18. Phil hit a GIR, too. Hadwin in the back bunker.

It all comes down to putting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Three-way tie with Lefty and Hadwin going into 18. Long will have a kinda funky approach after leaving his drive in the right rough.
    Adam Long made the shot of his life. Very good shot at birdie. Mickelson has a much longer putt. Hadwin is in the bunker over the green. I can't emphasize how great Long's approach shot was -- ball beneath his feet -- water in play. I guess about ten feet from the hole
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam Long made the shot of his life. Very good shot at birdie. Mickelson has a much longer putt. Hadwin is in the bunker over the green. I can't emphasize how great Long's approach shot was -- ball beneath his feet -- water in play. I guess about ten feet from the hole
    Chicken dinner!

Adam Long just had the round of his life to win the Tournament! Way to go Adam!

We have a winner!

Birdie on 18, beats Mickelson and Hadwin. Thirty-one years old and his first victory.

Whoo Whoo!!

Well, he did shoot 15 under for the weekend, so...

Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines starts tomorrow:

https://www.farmersinsuranceopen.com/

Kevin Streelman tees off at 12:00, Adam Long at 12:30.
    Bob Green

Day one of the Farmer's Insurance Open at Torrey Pines in LaJolla, CA, played on both the North and South Courses (NC and SC). Tiger returns and shot -2 on the South Course. Duke players:

Wes Roach -4 (NC) T27
    Adam Long -3 (SC) T41
    Ryan Blaum -1 (NC) T74
    Kevin Streelman E (SC) T98

In the first two rounds, the players compete on each course. The final two rounds are played on the tougher South Course.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'When I last played there, the signs on the rims above the canyons and ocean cliffs -- "DANGER -- DO NOT ENTER -- RATTLESNAKES"'
    Sage Grouse