Page 140 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 40901301381391401411421501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The weekend trip hasn't happened yet. I leave tomorrow morning. I will post pics and thoughts when I get back. I'm very excited.
    Well, if you do want good queso while in Houston, hit up Pappasito's.

The Pappas family are huge Duke fans, and one was in my frosh dorm -- she would bring back queso nearly every break. Dee-lish!

How did the LTE get one spot from falling off the first page?

Also, thanks for those who offered food processor advice. I ordered the Kitchen Aid from Amazon this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    No, there's something oh so right.
    The only reason the place is known as Taco Mac is as follows:
    Two guys moved to Atlanta from New York, knowing this fair city lacked a good wing place (this was upwards of 20 years ago). They procured a location for their first location, a place that had previously been a Mexican joint. The place had a giant sign on the facade proclaiming it as "Taco Mac." It also, however, realized that the kitchen needed remodeling. They had only enough funds to redo the kitchen or the sign. Being the smart businessmen they were, they chose the kitchen, and the place has been known as Taco Mac ever since (now with about 10 locations around town). And yes, they are the best wings in Atlanta. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.
    *In my best Paul Harvey voice: "And that is the Rest of the Story."

Bone

My puppy found a bone in the park this morning. It looked like a large vertebrae, maybe 2 inches high by 4 inches wide. Clean and weathered, it has been around a while.

What type of beast has such a large vertebrae?

The mammology thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My puppy found a bone in the park this morning. It looked like a large vertebrae, maybe 2 inches high by 4 inches wide. Clean and weathered, it has been around a while.

What type of beast has such a large vertebrae?
    Off the top of my head, I have three guesses:
    A) Bear B) Human C) Cattle D) Sasquatch

Of course, this does not include any exotic species brought into the area.

Post photos of frontal and lateral (side) views, again with scale in both photos. Vertebrae are not the easiest to work with to identify a species.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    How did the LTE get one spot from falling off the first page?

Also, thanks for those who offered food processor advice. I ordered the Kitchen Aid from Amazon this morning.
    I'm rescuing it from halfway down the 2nd page.. what's up with that?

I can understand mph not posting, since s/he's currently sitting as Wojo.

I have a mini-food processor that I love - doesn't take up a ton of counter space, and easy to throw in the dishwasher. Ymmm, homemade pesto.

DBR OTB Vibes

Lavabe - sending good vibes your way on selling your house. May you get a good offer soon.

I am asking for vibes to be sent my way - I leave Saturday for a mission trip to CO with 8 teenagers. Fortunately, there will be 4 adults in our group and I have no idea how many people we will be joining out there. Please send vibes for safe travels as we drive across Kansas and part of Colorado and for patience for all on the trip so we all come back with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Absolutely, DiK, sending them your way.

I'm driving from SC to Durham today (Tilly, will call you this evening).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

You may get my voice mail. If so, I'll call you back tonight or tomorrow morning.

I posted a couple of pics of sweaters I've made in this post, http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...7&postcount=23. Would love to get input from an expert knitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Thanks for the vibes, BD. I hope I don't go through withdrawal with no access to DBR for a week. I look forward to catching backup when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Lavabe - sending good vibes your way on selling your house. May you get a good offer soon.

I am asking for vibes to be sent my way - I leave Saturday for a mission trip to CO with 8 teenagers. Fortunately, there will be 4 adults in our group and I have no idea how many people we will be joining out there. Please send vibes for safe travels as we drive across Kansas and part of Colorado and for patience for all on the trip so we all come back with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts.
    Apologies for being a little dense yesterday. Didn't see this post until I saw your post above this morning.

Sending you vibes, it sounds like an awesome trip. Hope you things go well and you have a little fun.

Thumbs up I'm digging those good vibrations

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

2nd weekend for the house on the market. This should be the end of the high traffic period. Still getting traffic.

Back at you D.I. Kansas! Good, good, real good vibrations!

Yo BB! Still cranky over the kids at Starbucks, eh? Are you wearing onions on your belt and do your nickels have bumblebees on them?

How's V2?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Yo BB! Still cranky over the kids at Starbucks, eh? Are you wearing onions on your belt and do your nickels have bumblebees on them?

How's V2?
    No, once I got a quad venti in me, I was happier.

The Facebook app available for v2 is dangerous. Makes it far too easy for me to indulge in the type of behavior that I've always hated in twitter (ab)users.

It's raining in CT this morning. So traffic gets all snarled up. Why do people start crashing into each other as soon as it rains?

On a brighter note, my puppy loves the rain. As soon as she got outside, she danced the puppy dance, "this is great, I love the rain"!

Other thoughts: Am I alone in hating to keep the church nursery? I realize that it makes me a terrible, terrible person that I do not enjoy hanging out with other people's kids, but it's just... soooooooo... boring. The only reason I did not go completely insane on Sunday was because there was this little sweet girl sitting on the floor by herself and she and I played toss-the-ball for, like, 45 minutes.

Then I went to my son's class and discovered that there's a new bully in town - this little blond girl named Faith! Faith was no joke, man... she outweighed everybody else by about 5 pounds and she was not afraid to take toys.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Other thoughts: Am I alone in hating to keep the church nursery? I realize that it makes me a terrible, terrible person that I do not enjoy hanging out with other people's kids, but it's just... soooooooo... boring. The only reason I did not go completely insane on Sunday was because there was this little sweet girl sitting on the floor by herself and she and I played toss-the-ball for, like, 45 minutes.
    You are absolutely not alone. Nursery duty is rough! Since I've started working with my church's youth group, I've been able to beg out of nursery duty. Whew!

If an existentialist falls in the woods

Does he hear himself?

Not sure, but if he posts in this thread...I'll read it.

Smile If you've ever lived in a tropical rain forest ...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Does he hear himself?
    Happened to me all the time in Madagascar!

And yes, I heard myself.

Next question?