Page 630 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 13053058062062862963063163264068073011301630 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,600 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Some days, if it wasn't for fear of a sunburn, I would do it! It would make life quite easy!
    Sunscreen! Ultra Derm by Neutragena is great - not oily/greasy - can't tell you have it on and it works great. (Note: Being female, I have not tried this on my scalp to know how it works there.)

Anyone have any hairstyle recommendations for a guy with relatively short (the barber uses a #2 clipper on the sides) and quite thick hair? I'm contemplating changing my hairstyle for the first time in 10 years but I have no idea what I want. I currently get a fade of sorts I guess. Short on the sides and gets longer as it moves up and towards the front. I've been looking at some of the "messier" looks, but I don't want a fauxhawk unless its a very tame/shorter one. (I work for the police department, so I can't exactly come in sporting anything I want! ) Thanks to anyone with some advice!
    Can you post a pic of your current 'do?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Cormac - welcome to LTE!!

I am astonishingly inarticulate in how I want my hair cut. I go to the same guys all the time and I usually mumble something like "almost as short as a buzz cut and kinda tight around the ears and neck". And then they cut it any way they want anyhow. All I want them to do is leave enough on top so I can part it and I don't have to deal with it for another few months. My brother cuts his own hair (probably using your #2) but I don't have the onions to try it myself. And I have no interest in any type of haircut that requires "product" of any kind (other than water)...

Sounds like you might be limited to left part / right part / no part if you need to be crisp. It seems like more and more Caucasians are going with the chrome dome but you need a certain type of head for that and the patience for the regular maintenance... I have a big ol lopsided Charlie Brown head and I'm lazy, so I don't qualify on either count...
    I feel you. I usually walk in and kind of sputter out some directions...ummm errmm short on the sides, a #2 please, and umm a little longer on top. Thanks! I just let the barber figure out the rest! This is why I have finally broken down and have decided to take in a photo of whatever style I like. I'm not big on products, but I would be willing to give them a whirl every once and a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Sunscreen! Ultra Derm by Neutragena is great - not oily/greasy - can't tell you have it on and it works great. (Note: Being female, I have not tried this on my scalp to know how it works there.)
    Thanks! I will have to keep that in mind if I ever get annoyed/brave enough to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Can you post a pic of your current 'do?

Unfortunately no, I'm at work and I am getting my ears lowered right after. I know, I know, I shouldn't procrastinate, but I just decided last night/this morning to try something new. Plus right now, my hair is much longer than normal and kind of looks more like a fro than the fade-ish it usually does! Thanks all for the help! I'll be sure to report back tomorrow and give more of a heads up in the future!

Unfortunately no, I'm at work and I am getting my ears lowered right after. I know, I know, I shouldn't procrastinate, but I just decided last night/this morning to try something new. Plus right now, my hair is much longer than normal and kind of looks more like a fro than the fade-ish it usually does! Thanks all for the help! I'll be sure to report back tomorrow and give more of a heads up in the future!
    Ok hmm, hard w/o knowing what you look like... here's some sites that might help:

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3- Picture yourself w/ new hair style

Link #4

Link #5

Link #6

Ok, soooooo... 2 fire alarms in 3 days. Are you KIDDING me? Sunday was in the late afternoon- someone (surprise surprise) burned something in their kitchen. Fans, people! Open a window! I cannot explain to you how many fire alarms we've had due to people who burn stuff in their kitchen (and none of them was me!). Sheesh... Last night was around 10:30- they were smoking. I think the genius had must have had about 27 people all smoking at once in his apartment. Both brain surgeons (no offense to brain surgeons) immediately identified themselves to the fire dept. upon arrival.

Not only is it the usual hassle, it's loud & screechy (no sleeping through this- it'd wake the dead and I seriously am afraid Chloe's ears will bleed one of these times) and the cat goes absolutely bonkers and hides, usually under a bed. It's such a joy to literally have to drag a cat that's scared witless out from under a bed... I'm so afraid I'm going to hurt her! Then she clings to me shaking and no joke, dives into her case (which she normally shuns like it'll kill her). Then I grab my purse, keys, & the cat in her case and we traipse downstairs and sit outside for about 15 minutes, during which time she sits and shakes and shakes and shakes and never tries to escape (shows how scared she really is!). Once we're allowed back in, I usually wait until most other people & their pets are in so Chloe doesn't freak out further.

But seriously, how hard is it to OPEN A WINDOW? I joked w/ the LAFD that they must be getting tired of coming to my complex. He said they know it's someone cooking (well except for the smokers). I think I'm going to give the LAFD cookies next time. There *are* some hotties (ok so there is something of an upside).
    Sue,

Did your neighbors move into our office building? We just had a fire drill. Usually they warn us one is coming but no warning this time so we trooped outside. At least it wasn't raining. No firemen, though. They did give us ice cream sandwiches as we came back in.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Thanks, Sue, I really liked the guy in Link #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Thanks, Sue, I really liked the guy in Link #1.
    NP... but which guy? There are a few cuties in there but 2 that are mmm mmm good!

Just moved the last of my stuff out of my old apartment! Yee haw! Now to unpack...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Just moved the last of my stuff out of my old apartment! Yee haw! Now to unpack...
    Yay!

So glad I don't have any unpacking to do. Oops! Good luck with that Arkie!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Congratulations on the move and good luck with the unpacking.

Sue, those haircut links are interesting but the haircut paradox to me is why guys would want to pay good money to look sloppy - I can do that all by my ownself...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Sue, those haircut links are interesting but the haircut paradox to me is why guys would want to pay good money to look sloppy - I can do that all by my ownself...

That and why kids pay hundreds of dollars for jeans that look like they have been run over and dragged through the streets. Can't you just buy a cheap pair and do that yourself? Why pay big bucks for the "pseudo-homeless" look when you can do that on the cheap? This is something I do not understand about my generation...

NP... but which guy? There are a few cuties in there but 2 that are mmm mmm good!
    Looked again, it's not two views of the same dude, so, the one looking at the camera.

People that drive under the influence stink!

People that drive under the influence stink!
    Uh oh... what happened.

Uh oh... what happened.
    Bad news - I got hit last night,

Good news - everyone walked away. Although the guy was more helped away from the scene - in handcuffs.

I was going car shopping this weekend anyway.

Good news - everyone walked away. Although the guy was more helped away from the scene - in handcuffs.

VERY glad you're OK!

Was your car totaled? Almost totaled? Will the insurance company pay you a fair value for it? Did you owe money on it? Were you "upside down" on the loan? Do you have gap insurance on your loan? DD can give you some advice on dealing with the insurance company to make sure you get a fair value on your settlement if you keep the car and have it repaired (compensation for lost future resale value after a major wreck).
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    VERY glad you're OK!

Was your car totaled? Almost totaled? Will the insurance company pay you a fair value for it? Did you owe money on it? Were you "upside down" on the loan? Do you have gap insurance on your loan? DD can give you some advice on dealing with the insurance company to make sure you get a fair value on your settlement if you keep the car and have it repaired (compensation for lost future resale value after a major wreck).
    Fortunately, the car is paid for so no upside down issues. My guess is that they will total it rather than repair - it is 13.5 years old. I did not get across the street to talk to the other guy before the field sobriety test was issued and he was taken away. I hope he has insurance - but I never got to collect that. I haven't even researched what my wonderfully tuned auto is worth - not much is my guess.

WOW! I'm glad that you're okay. Did you go to the doctor or anything?

The police report should have the other driver's insurance information in it. In a few days, you'll begin to get all kinds of solicitations in the mail from attorneys who want to represent you in your personal injury case against this guy. Some of the attorneys will send you courtesy copies of the police report. I have a basket full of solicitations that I received last fall when I got hit.

What kind of car are you going to get now? In the interim, make the other driver's insurance company pay for a rental car for you.