Page 629 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 12952957961962762862963063163967972911291629 ... LastLast
Results 12,561 to 12,580 of 67662
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Does anybody else ever think about going into somebody's living room, trash the place, then make them wait 60 seconds before they can say anything? Just me? OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Posting for the fun of it!
    Are you keeping the fun to yourself or can anyone join in?

Yep, that was fun.
    You're right - it is fun.

Does anybody else ever think about going into somebody's living room, trash the place, then make them wait 60 seconds before they can say anything? Just me? OK.
    I think it's just you - and probably only during the 60 second wait to make your next post.

I do wish that someone would come in and clean my living room - but it would take more than 60 seconds.

I have installed Windows Vista on my new desktop computer, and am now installing the 48 updates it downloaded. So I'm still using my Acer netbook to post and do everything else.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Oz, you're a brave man. My approach is to take whatever pig OS ships with the box, and then every few months or so let microsoft install its bazillion patches overnight. Our current PC still has some life in it, so we'll wait until we're sick of it and then see what all this Vista fuss is about...

Today's banner ad weirdness: "real age" vs. "calendar age"...

OK, I'll have a go. Here's what I think mine would look like: Calendar age: 46 Real age: 66. And don't forget "internet age" - the age I pretend to be on certain types of message boards (nudge nudge wink wink): 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Oz, you're a brave man. My approach is to take whatever pig OS ships with the box, and then every few months or so let microsoft install its bazillion patches overnight. Our current PC still has some life in it, so we'll wait until we're sick of it and then see what all this Vista fuss is about...
    It was pretty simple, really. The base installation, and this was the "Ultimate" version of Vista, took under 45 minutes. The updates, and I ran live update three times to get them all, took under an hour. I've got 2 of my 3 printers running, including the HP All-in-One where I had to download the driver (including the scanner and fax stuff) from HP.

Right now I am restoring my almost 20,000 files from Carbonite.com. Man, is this a life saver! Well worth the $50/year. And it's a slow process - probably won't be finished until after I get back from my regular Friday night dinner (and drinking) activities about 9 pm. The progress bar says I've restored 7100 files with 13,000 remaining, but that is only 10%, so I guess all the photos haven't been done yet. It may be tomorrow morning when it finishes.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Skip Vista, go straight for Win7. Starting in July, when you buy a new PC with Vista, you'll get free upgrade rights to Win7. Since the release candidate for Win7 is already available, you never have to use Vista at all. (You will have to update to the RTM version of Win7 when it becomes available.)

About 36 hours since the last starship entry here...

As The Boss asks in Radio Nowhere (I think), "Is there anybody alive out there?"

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    About 36 hours since the last starship entry here...

As The Boss asks in Radio Nowhere (I think), "Is there anybody alive out there?"
    Busy weekend here - not online much, if at all.

I got to go to a college graduation. How often do you get to hear the phrase "Once a Roo, Always a Roo"?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Busy weekend here - not online much, if at all.

I got to go to a college graduation. How often do you get to hear the phrase "Once a Roo, Always a Roo"?
    Thankfully, not very often...

Who are the Roos? Did you go to Australia?

Or did you mean ROUS?

"Once an ROUS, always an ROUS!"

(Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist...)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Skip Vista, go straight for Win7. Starting in July, when you buy a new PC with Vista, you'll get free upgrade rights to Win7. Since the release candidate for Win7 is already available, you never have to use Vista at all. (You will have to update to the RTM version of Win7 when it becomes available.)
    "Ah why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"

Mrs Turk got a new laptop a while ago; I guess I should have just stalled her a bit until they started shipping with Win7, but I wasn't paying attention...

Who are the Roos? Did you go to Australia?

Or did you mean ROUS?

"Once an ROUS, always an ROUS!"

(Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist...)
    My cousin received her masters from UMKC (University of Missouri - Kansas City) and they are the Roos.

(As far as I'm concerned, any rodent is a ROUS)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My cousin received her masters from UMKC (University of Missouri - Kansas City) and they are the Roos.

(As far as I'm concerned, any rodent is a ROUS)
    How about a nice ruse?

My first LTE post

Anyone have any hairstyle recommendations for a guy with relatively short (the barber uses a #2 clipper on the sides) and quite thick hair? I'm contemplating changing my hairstyle for the first time in 10 years but I have no idea what I want. I currently get a fade of sorts I guess. Short on the sides and gets longer as it moves up and towards the front. I've been looking at some of the "messier" looks, but I don't want a fauxhawk unless its a very tame/shorter one. (I work for the police department, so I can't exactly come in sporting anything I want! ) Thanks to anyone with some advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Anyone have any hairstyle recommendations for a guy with relatively short (the barber uses a #2 clipper on the sides) and quite thick hair? I'm contemplating changing my hairstyle for the first time in 10 years but I have no idea what I want. I currently get a fade of sorts I guess. Short on the sides and gets longer as it moves up and towards the front. I've been looking at some of the "messier" looks, but I don't want a fauxhawk unless its a very tame/shorter one. (I work for the police department, so I can't exactly come in sporting anything I want! ) Thanks to anyone with some advice!
    Bic it!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Bic it!

Some days, if it wasn't for fear of a sunburn, I would do it! It would make life quite easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Cormac - welcome to LTE!!

I am astonishingly inarticulate in how I want my hair cut. I go to the same guys all the time and I usually mumble something like "almost as short as a buzz cut and kinda tight around the ears and neck". And then they cut it any way they want anyhow. All I want them to do is leave enough on top so I can part it and I don't have to deal with it for another few months. My brother cuts his own hair (probably using your #2) but I don't have the onions to try it myself. And I have no interest in any type of haircut that requires "product" of any kind (other than water)...

Sounds like you might be limited to left part / right part / no part if you need to be crisp. It seems like more and more Caucasians are going with the chrome dome but you need a certain type of head for that and the patience for the regular maintenance... I have a big ol lopsided Charlie Brown head and I'm lazy, so I don't qualify on either count...