Page 1825 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 82513251725177518151823182418251826182718351875192523252825 ... LastLast
Results 36,481 to 36,500 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    They are still in it.
    Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yet, when we pull those carousels out now, they are great entertainment! I am in the very slow process of turning all of the slides my Dad took into digital copies. I have private family facebook pages set up where we share old photos. This way everyone gets copies. I found some from the early 70s in the back of a cabinet. Ones we forgot ever existed. The ones of the now departed are priceless. My cousins are appreciative. Except for sharing their 70s 'dos. They are not appreciative of that.
    I mean some of us in this thread did reminisce about View Masters. Being able to control the pace of the presentation is an important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post

Have you ever had a random social media post that you thought was particularly witty, but the world disagreed? Strongly? With silence, mainly.

That seems to define my Twitter feed. I was particularly fond of one about a song from Rent. I guess it shows that humor is an individual thing.
    <crickets>

Of course I'll tell you what the post was! Thanks for asking. In was in a threaded tweet, so in the spirit of the LTE, I'll include it in several posts.

"I like musicals. There. I said it. But Rent's song "Seasons of Love" has always bothered me."

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It is the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. Their mascot is literally the top of a hill. This should be a real easy tournament.
    It's "coolest", not "weirdest".

"I like musicals. There. I said it. But Rent's song "Seasons of Love" has always bothered me."
    "Specifically, the lines that start:

525,600 minutes...
    525,600 moments so dear...

Catchy, right? You're welcome for that ear worm."

<crickets>

Of course I'll tell you what the post was! Thanks for asking. In was in a threaded tweet, so in the spirit of the LTE, I'll include it in several posts.

525,600 minutes...

"But, that's assuming a 365 day year when we *all* know there are 365.2422 (we'll round from 365.242196 to keep things simple) days in a year. That's why we have leap years."

<crickets>

525,600 minutes...

"But, that's assuming a 365 day year when we *all* know there are 365.2422 (we'll round from 365.242196 to keep things simple) days in a year. That's why we have leap years."
    "Shouldn't the song be accurate? If these moments are so important, shouldn't being correct also matter?"

525,600 minutes...

"Shouldn't the song be accurate? If these moments are so important, shouldn't being correct also matter?"
    "I propose:

525,948.768 minutes...
    525, 948.768 moments so dear... "

525,600 minutes...

"I propose:

525,948.768 minutes...
    525, 948.768 moments so dear... "
    "Sure, it may be a little more difficult to sing and not quite as catchy, but won't we all *feel* better knowing our numbers are valid? Am I right?

Exactly.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk."
    Last edited by grad_devil; 03-15-2021 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

<crickets>

I don't like musicals and I am aware of Rent being "a thing", but other than there being a song about seconds, I think it's a song about seconds, I'm not really aware of the music from Rent, so, I'll assume this is absolutely hilarious because, truly, I have no idea. I have yet to finish watching Hamilton and I signed up for Disney+ just to watch it.

That said, I enjoyed both Spamalot and Wicked. I also saw the touring production of The Book of Mormon when it came through Boston because T-Bone wanted to see it (he was 12 at the time), my adult friends who were there with us were kind of appalled that I brought a 12 year old to see it. (I believe I have posted about that here before.)

I mean, tell me that's not funny.

No seriously. Somebody tell me that's not funny. I know my humor is an...ahem..acquired taste. Just want some confirmation.

"Sure, it may be a little more difficult to sing and not quite as catchy, but won't we all *feel* better knowing our numbers are valid? Am I right?

Exactly.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk."
    Oops, sorry, I didn't realize there was more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oops, sorry, I didn't realize there was more!
    See...there's the issue. My jokes are too long. I appreciate the feedback. Know when to quit, grad_devil!

I've never seen Rent.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've never seen Rent.
    Also, "know your audience".

See...the LTE is great for constructive criticism.

I mean, tell me that's not funny.

No seriously. Somebody tell me that's not funny. I know my humor is an...ahem..acquired taste. Just want some confirmation.
    I would have responded with this:

I use a calendar to define a year, you're using the earth's orbit around the sun. The numbers are valid for calendar users but perhaps you are correct, there should be a line about using a calendar.

Yet, when we pull those carousels out now, they are great entertainment! I am in the very slow process of turning all of the slides my Dad took into digital copies. I have private family facebook pages set up where we share old photos. This way everyone gets copies. I found some from the early 70s in the back of a cabinet. Ones we forgot ever existed. The ones of the now departed are priceless. My cousins are appreciative. Except for sharing their 70s 'dos. They are not appreciative of that.
    What process are you using to convert them to digital? Does it work with both slides and photos?

The unofficial mascot of Delta State (not D1) is the Fighting Okra. How cool is that?

I can definitely see value in going thru very old family stuff...I know I like looking thru old albums from time to time...it just used to be (decades ago, pre internet) that everyone who visited felt compelled to bring a couple hundred slides of their visit to France of Pumpkin Junction or whatever, never found that interesting...

The unofficial mascot of Delta State (not D1) is the Fighting Okra. How cool is that?

I like'm fresh out of the fryer, so really how hot is my line of thinking.