Page 1965 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 96514651865191519551963196419651966196719752015206524652965 ... LastLast
Results 39,281 to 39,300 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    High 40s here, brrrr.
    Chillier than recent days and quite windy here in the 404 too.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Chillier than recent days and quite windy here in the 404 too.
    Same. Going to drop to freezing tonight here after a few sunny 70 days.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I made my initial argument for crunchy years back on these boards, but maybe it merits repeating.

When you smear it between two Nilla wafers, crunchy holds it in when you bite into it. Smooth just squirts right out.
    I recognize that the crunchy/smooth conundrum is THE question of.our time. I eat a ton of peanuts so if I eat a spoonful of peanut butter on celery I like smooth. But I recognize my weird diet is not representative of society as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Same. Going to drop to freezing tonight here after a few sunny 70 days.
    we were in the 70s several days last week, go figure. It's April, which is NEVER to be trusted here...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we were in the 70s several days last week, go figure. It's April, which is NEVER to be trusted here...
    We've already been on up into the 80s a handful of times. Overall, though, it’s been a really lovely true spring here for the second year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I recognize that the crunchy/smooth conundrum is THE question of.our time. I eat a ton of peanuts so if I eat a spoonful of peanut butter on celery I like smooth. But I recognize my weird diet is not representative of society as a whole.
    I’m used to March being the sloppier gal but I’ve always lived further south.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Friday is Shakespeare's birthday. I hope all will be celebrating accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    By putting my name on someone else’s work?

(Runs)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Mulching activity has been suspended for the day due to snow, 2" and still falling, so any of you headed up here to help me can turn around...thanks!
    But I'm already in Ohio. Do you think the snow will be gone by the time I get there?

Yesterday morning we had some of the large fat fluffy flakes coming down between 7 and 8am. All melted by noon. Around 2pm, it was sunny over my car but a brief (about 30 seconds) snow flurry of very small flakes occurred - it was very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    By putting my name on someone else’s work?

(Runs)
    If it wasn't Shakespeare who wrote the plays - it was a woman.

(I firmly believe the reason Shakespeare is Shakespeare and not Middleton or Johnson or Webster or Marlowe is because his female characters are actual people. Read The Duchess of Malfi or The Revenger's Tragedy if you don't believe me.)

Should we run around shouting "to be, or not to be"?

(I firmly believe the reason Shakespeare is Shakespeare and not Middleton or Johnson or Webster or Marlowe is because his female characters are actual people. Read The Duchess of Malfi or The Revenger's Tragedy if you don't believe me.)
    That article a few months ago was compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You could also do a mashup with the NC motto and run around being and not seeming.

Whoever wrote them was an artistic and EI genius, that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I used to celebrate by asking people out and about what their favorite Shakespeare play was and then I would quote from it for them, but times have changed. I have decided moving forward to celebrate by committing one of the Sonnets to memory.

So, anybody, pick a number between 1 and 154, and I'll learn that one (I know 18 and 116 already.)

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That article a few months ago was compelling.
    Yes, I've long been a Stratfordian (for very sexist reasons), but that article gave me chills. There are people that argue Shakespeare's works had to have been a collaboration and that article made me think they might be right.

I finally raised the sit-stand desk to the stand position in the hopes the cats wouldn't bother me. Now they are all angling for a spot on my shoulders.

I thought it was a monkey with a typewriter and a lot of spare time.

Yes, I've long been a Stratfordian (for very sexist reasons), but that article gave me chills. There are people that argue Shakespeare's works had to have been a collaboration and that article made me think they might be right.
    I agree. You and I read studies for a living and we know what the term "evidence" means. And you are obviously better at it than I am.