Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Nazi dog whistles? Those are strong words.
    I said what I said.

He tweeted about something for 88 million years. Whether he understands it or not, 88 is a nazi dog whistle. And when he got a significant amount of engagement from nazis and white supremacists, he didn’t pull the tweet down or disavow them.

He has shown us who he is. We should believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Keep in mind that probably the biggest reasons the banks financed twitter is because they want to be involved in subsequent financing transactions for Tesla, SpaceX, etc. they will be very willing to take a loss on this one if necessary. Also keep in mind that while they are taking a hit on the loans, they made hundreds of millions of fees for arranging them.
    I’m rather well acquainted with the lending concept. Trump is very well acquainted. I question the concept’s logic. I’m never “very willing to take a loss”. Especially, of this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’m rather well acquainted with the lending concept. Trump is very well acquainted. I question the concept’s logic. I’m never “very willing to take a loss”. Especially, of this scale.
    I’m with you in that it probably isn’t worth it. Just mentioning it as it is part of the calculus for those making the lending decisions.

I’m with you in that it probably isn’t worth it. Just mentioning it as it is part of the calculus for those making the lending decisions.
    And, I’m just mentioning many lenders don’t comprehend calculus. Compensation packages need to be prudently structured.

Remember the old saying: If I owe you 100 bucks, it’s my problem. If I owe you $13 billion, it’s your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Remember the old saying: If I owe you 100 bucks, it’s my problem. If I owe you $13 billion, it’s your problem.
    That’s why I have a job

I said what I said.

He tweeted about something for 88 million years. Whether he understands it or not, 88 is a nazi dog whistle. And when he got a significant amount of engagement from nazis and white supremacists, he didn’t pull the tweet down or disavow them.

He has shown us who he is. We should believe him.
    Now, some people will just believe he's referring to an Olds Delta 88. Maybe he was conceived in the back seat of one. Maybe he got his first hickey there...

Nah, yours is much more plausible.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Yes. "Size of wallet" and "share of wallet" definitely factors into lending decisions. Banks are willing to take on bigger loans and more risk, as well as potentially be a little more flexible on terms, if there is other related income in play. The "wallet" under consideration here included anything Musk-related, and I'm sure Elon made that very clear.

That being said, these were pretty big exposures that the banks took on, so they still had to feel at least somewhat comfortable with the risk as they would need a lot of other revenue to offset potential losses on this deal. But as always, the devil is in the details. I believe I saw some loan docs online at some point, but I didn't get into the weeds in them to really understand the terms.

Bud’s Assumption
    Especially poignant during the Christmas season!

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Now, some people will just believe he's referring to an Olds Delta 88. Maybe he was conceived in the back seat of one. Maybe he got his first hickey there...

Nah, yours is much more plausible.
    My first car! (Teddy Kennedy had one, too).

OK, I found this re the Twitter loans: https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...es-2022-10-05/

this one is even more better!https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-loans/672258/
    Last edited by budwom; 11-28-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Elon drinks caffeine free Diet Coke. Huge red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Correct. Diet Pepsi is far better. Diet Coke kind of sucks.

If he eats his steaks with ketchup, or has them cooked to well done, then he is a true monster.

That’s even worse than choosing smooth peanut butter over chunky of one’s own volition.

Perhaps he thinks it goes well with frog's legs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That’s even worse than choosing smooth peanut butter over chunky of one’s own volition.
    Whoa! Callback blindside out of nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Now, some people will just believe he's referring to an Olds Delta 88.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My first car! (Teddy Kennedy had one, too).
    I believe that was our Driver's Ed car.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I believe that was our Driver's Ed car.
    Super Rocket V-8 known as The Red Shark...no autonomous driving feature unfortunately for Ted.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Nazi dog whistles? Those are strong words.
    And a terrible band name.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Re: Dog Whistles

As I understand them, the goal is to make them so regular people can't hear them, like a dog whistle. So if everyone knows that something is a dog whistle, it's not longer a dog whistle, but just a plain ol' whistle.

It's kinda like 9F. Everyone on DBR knows what it means...but if I posted it in a regular college basketball forum, no one except other DBR regulars would understand it's meaning. If everyone knew what 9F meant, the world would be a better place but it would also no longer be a DBR dog whistle.