Page 1804 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 80413041704175417941802180318041805180618141854190423042804 ... LastLast
Results 36,061 to 36,080 of 67662
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tube steaks?
    Uncle Bill, is that you?

That is what he always called them.

My mother learned to play tennis in her 40s. Her instructor spoke no English. There was a tennis court on the company compound so lots of tennis played by everyone. On her 68th birthday, she tore her meniscus and had to have arthroscopic knee surgery. She is my idol - I hope I'm attempting to do something at that age that could lead to this - without the actual tearing of the meniscus.

They filmed the surgery - yes, the family go together to watch it. The inside of the knee is pretty fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My mother learned to play tennis in her 40s. Her instructor spoke no English. There was a tennis court on the company compound so lots of tennis played by everyone. On her 68th birthday, she tore her meniscus and had to have arthroscopic knee surgery. She is my idol - I hope I'm attempting to do something at that age that could lead to this - without the actual tearing of the meniscus.

They filmed the surgery - yes, the family go together to watch it. The inside of the knee is pretty fascinating.
    As someone who tore their ACL, MCL and MCL playing the crosstown rivals in higj school, I can attest to knees being fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    As someone who tore their ACL, MCL and MCL playing the crosstown rivals in higj school, I can attest to knees being fascinating.
    A few months later, my father tore his meniscus. His story wasn't as good - it happened when he got up in the middle of the night for a bathroom trip. He claimed it was an old basketball injury. We watched that film, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A few months later, my father tore his meniscus. His story wasn't as good - it happened when he got up in the middle of the night for a bathroom trip. He claimed it was an old basketball injury. We watched that film, too.
    I like your family.

Fantastic half of basketball. And without Hurt.

I like your family.
    I do, too!

Same year - BiL Alan ruptured his achilles and I went for Xrays on my ankle. We may have paid the orthopedic office's electric bill for the year.

I sing songs about Texas
    Sing them often as if she were some old lover
    I used to know

Nobody writes that kinds of stuff about Delaware.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I sing songs about Texas
    Sing them often as if she were some old lover
    I used to know

Nobody writes that kinds of stuff about Delaware.
    The do about North Carolina.

and West Virginia

and Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The do about North Carolina.
    That they do!

Sent me down this google rabbit hole ---- the best songs about every state (according to USA Today, known expert on stuff and things).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    and Boston
    That they do!

Sent me down this google rabbit hole ---- the best songs about every state (according to USA Today, known expert on stuff and things).
    Pennsylvania had the same problem Mass does --- the best songs are about its best city!

Pennsylvania had the same problem Mass does --- the best songs are about its best city!
    There's a song about Pottsville?

There's a song about Pottsville?
    Nailed it!

https://wynninghistory.com/2020/09/1...-war-soldiers/

There is! And Schuylkill is NOT pronounced how I thought it was pronounced growing up.

Nailed it!

So much to unpack here. First off it gets off to a nice start because Tony Caravan is laying down a smooth Jam. It did help that they referenced the Industrial Revolution, and I'm a big fan of working that into a song. It seems a touch heavy-handed as it moves along with it's derisive take on modern Pottsville. I'm sure it's on hard times. But I don't know that anyone has ever said that the city of Pottsville invented infidelity. That seemed like a stretch, but whatever. It seems to come off the rails at about the 2:18 mark when they can't seem to coordinate their voices. This screams first take to me.

So much to unpack here. First off it gets off to a nice start because Tony Caravan is laying down a smooth Jam. It did help that they referenced the Industrial Revolution, and I'm a big fan of working that into a song. It seems a touch heavy-handed as it moves along with it's derisive take on modern Pottsville. I'm sure it's on hard times. But I don't know that anyone has ever said that the city of Pottsville invented infidelity. That seemed like a stretch, but whatever. It seems to come off the rails at about the 2:18 mark when they can't seem to coordinate their voices. This screams first take to me.
    Hah hah. Nice! I admit that I didn't listen to the entire song so I'm just happy I didn't accidentally post something obscene. On that note, I will not look up songs about Intercourse, PA, which I drive through on a regular basis!

1/2*base*height, I'll remember you forever.

Not the same problem, most of those sea shanties are about Cape Cod and Nantucket.