Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reggie Love features

There's a great feature on Reggie Love in today's NY Times online edition.

Could this be a prelude to some sort of political career for Mr Love himself? This would seem like a great internship!

-c

i'm sure it's not an easy job....however, reggie has "some 'splaining to do' over why obama picked UNC to win it all on 850 the buzz (quite a coup for a local AM sports station to get the senator to make TWO visits on the air)

i'm sure when (if ) he gets the nomination the republicans (aka decepticons)
    will have that as part of a smearing campaign..

(sarcastic voice-over images of the heels down to kansas)
    "OSAMA OBAMA - he even picked the TARHEELS to win the National championship. Wrong for sports, Wrong for the nation!"

it's coming...i promise..

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    There's a great feature on Reggie Love in today's NY Times online edition.

Could this be a prelude to some sort of political career for Mr Love himself? This would seem like a great internship!

-c
    Battier/Love '24

Possible Slogan:
    I didn't need to grow up in Hope. I AM Love.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    Possible Slogan:
    I didn't need to grow up in Hope. I AM Love.
    That is sooooooo 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Battier/Love '24
    First off, Hillary will probably still be running in '24 (why stop when she has support?), and--uhm--lots of Americans will simply not vote for a ticket with ONE black man, regardless of talent and position. Two may be pushing it just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    First off, Hillary will probably still be running in '24 (why stop when she has support?), and--uhm--lots of Americans will simply not vote for a ticket with ONE black man, regardless of talent and position. Two may be pushing it just a bit.
    You forget- Shane Battier is the man who can bridge all cultures and will truly unite the country with his super intelligence, great defense and the willingness to take shots to the body for the team.

With him on the ticket, reggie can just chill out somewhere and drink ice lattes.

:-P

(Also, in seriousness, great for Reggie..he sounds like he's truly having a good time in a real job and being a good rep for the university)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Well, I'm expecting to have 8 years of bliss under our first black president, ending in 2016. Then 8 years under Chelsea Clinton. Then it will be time for the Battier/Love movement.

Duhon too

Notice the slideshow with Obama playing pickup ball with Duhon and Love. Reggie's sporting a #21 Bulls alternate color jersey. Nice.

can we go ahead and vote for battier now?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Notice the slideshow with Obama playing pickup ball with Duhon and Love. Reggie's sporting a #21 Bulls alternate color jersey. Nice.
    Nice! I added that to the photo album of the DBR Stinking liberal communist Obama supporters social group.

Reviving a very old thread, but thought this was cool:

Reggie Love love reaches the UK:

The man behind the man: Obama and the aide who makes his campaign tick

The best part of the article:

Small wonder that the Ivy League athlete has his sights set on something other than being a body guy. As the campaign winds down, Love is cramming for law school exams. His goal: to return to Duke and emerge with the kind of qualification that Washington - and the rest of the world - takes seriously.
    Any law school admissions officers here? Help the man out!

Reggie Love

This is the best written and most flattering story yet to be written on Reggie Love, Duke basketball, and Duke University. Duke may get some future Luol Deng's from the UK in the future.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...e-barack-obama

Thumbs up

Make sure you check out the photo link at the base of the article.Photo 3 and 5. Pic 5 has Daniel Ewing , Lee Melchionni,Shavlik Randolph and Reggie.

^ Apparently we're not in the ACC anymore. Drats.

Nice article...always nice to hear about our alums.

My post has pix of Reggie in a Duke uniform. NY Times did a nice story,but the Guardian is more Duke Centric

It's actually a Newsweek article reprinted by the Guardian.

Reggie Love on E60 tonight

My brother told me Reggie will be featured on ESPN's E60 tonight, not long after Boozer was featured! Are there some Dukies in the show's production? Well, anyway, if you want a break from election coverage, check it out.

Thumbs up Reggie

Was that our man bringing the new future President of the United States' kids back out on stage after his speech?

ricks

Did he stay out on the platform for awhile? That might have been BO's brother in law. My understanding is that that fellow is a basketball coach out on the west coast. He would have appeared to be about the same size as Reggie Love, that is, nearly making Obama look short.