Page 2306 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 130618062206225622962304230523062307230823162356240628063306 ... LastLast
Results 46,101 to 46,120 of 67660

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Community garage sale day today. Looking for a commission sales person. All items same price, $0. 200% bonus if all items sold.
    Everything sold! This is what happens when you only hire the best! The best in this case being a piece of paper with the word free written on it.
    We call it Big Item Pickup around here. Every other year, you are assigned a day that you can put out 5 big items that aren't picked up with your usual trash. It is interesting to watch people stop and "shop" at the piles. (More fun when there wasn't a limit on quantity.) Pickup started at 7am this morning. My sister's dishwasher was gone by 1:30 yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We call it Big Item Pickup around here. Every other year, you are assigned a day that you can put out 5 big items that aren't picked up with your usual trash. It is interesting to watch people stop and "shop" at the piles. (More fun when there wasn't a limit on quantity.) Pickup started at 7am this morning. My sister's dishwasher was gone by 1:30 yesterday afternoon.
    Yeah, the few items I had to put out there(old office chair and two aquariums with everything needed to have fish) were too nice for the trash but taking up space. Hopefully, they can be put to good use. I've got a list of things now to sell for the next garage sale: dehumidifier, old lawn tools, etc. Here in Bexar County,, TX, you need a permit to have a garage sale. The HOA limits garage sales to only designated days but picks up the tab. Oh, and opens the gate so people can actually come in to the neighborhood.

We have that quarterly in my town. The only limit, beyond hazmats and construction debris, is two guys have to be able to pick it up and get it into the truck.

Stuff is supposed to be out by the night before to give browsers time to "shop".

-jk

The secondary market for trash has fascinated me for years. I used to love to go the dump when every small town had one, and as soon as someone offloaded a piece of furniture or a broken fridge, someone was there to snap it up.

A few years ago on Topsail Island, a friend put out next to the roadway a pitiful, rusted , unusable charcoal grill that had seen too much salt air. Holes all over the place, more rust than metal, and I asked if him someone was likely to snatch it up. Seemed unlikely...and then 20 minutes later a guy drives by, stops, throws it in his truck, for what purpose I do not know...I know people buy scrap metal, not sure about the market for scrap rust.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The secondary market for trash has fascinated me for years. I used to love to go the dump when every small town had one, and as soon as someone offloaded a piece of furniture or a broken fridge, someone was there to snap it up.

A few years ago on Topsail Island, a friend put out next to the roadway a pitiful, rusted , unusable charcoal grill that had seen too much salt air. Holes all over the place, more rust than metal, and I asked if him someone was likely to snatch it up. Seemed unlikely...and then 20 minutes later a guy drives by, stops, throws it in his truck, for what purpose I do not know...I know people buy scrap metal, not sure about the market for scrap rust.
    When my sister was living in PA, the neighbor went inside the house in the middle of mowing his front lawn. Someone grabbed his mower - we assume they thought it was out there for the trash pickup.

Y’all missing out on that sea pig video.

When my sister was living in PA, the neighbor went inside the house in the middle of mowing his front lawn. Someone grabbed his mower - we assume they thought it was out there for the trash pickup.
    A neighbor lost her walker that way!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A neighbor lost her walker that way!

-jk
    Sometimes, you just have to shake your head at people. Who would take a walker? Or a ride on mower?

Sometimes, you just have to shake your head at people. Who would take a walker? Or a ride on mower?
    This guy:
    Cops find stolen lawnmower being ridden by drunk driver

https://nypost.com/2013/03/09/cops-f...-drunk-driver/

This guy:
    Cops find stolen lawnmower being ridden by drunk driver

https://nypost.com/2013/03/09/cops-f...-drunk-driver/
    One of the charges was aggravated unlicensed operation. This charge made me chuckle - the aggravated description seems odd.

One of the charges was aggravated unlicensed operation. This charge made me chuckle - the aggravated description seems odd.
    Pissed he got caught?

-jk

Rust never sleeps.

I just found out that one of the dolphins that was taken from the wild to play Flipper died by suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I just found out that one of the dolphins that was taken from the wild to play Flipper died by suicide.
    Was it a Duke fan? What about covid involvement? Inquiring minds want to know.

Rust never sleeps.
    Gravity is always working.

How does a dolphin commit suicide?

How does a dolphin commit suicide?
    Kills itself on porpoise.

Ugggh.

Bundaberg wins the day. We can all close the boards until tomorrow.