Page 1751 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 75112511651170117411749175017511752175317611801185122512751 ... LastLast
Results 35,001 to 35,020 of 67753
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    But do let it cool afterwards.
    Maybe I should have said I'm tired of drinking tea?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Maybe I should have said I'm tired of drinking tea?
    Are you also under a drink tea order?!?! Texas is SOOOOOOO weird.

Are you also under a drink tea order?!?! Texas is SOOOOOOO weird.
    It is implied. I can only come up with 4 drinks from boiling water: coffee, tea, hot water, and a hot toddy. Hot water is boring and water is really a transactional(volume) beverage, so you are really just fighting yourself trying to drink it after boiling it. Coffee is just yucky and we still have dry counties here in Texas, so hot toddies as a government endorsed beverage doesn't jibe. So, I see no other choice than tea.

It is implied. I can only come up with 4 drinks from boiling water: coffee, tea, hot water, and a hot toddy. Hot water is boring and water is really a transactional(volume) beverage, so you are really just fighting yourself trying to drink it after boiling it. Coffee is just yucky and we still have dry counties here in Texas, so hot toddies as a government endorsed beverage doesn't jibe. So, I see no other choice than tea.
    This is a rational explanation. I am not a water lover either. I make myself drink it (pretty sure we're supposed to drink like 6 cups a month of water or something) but water sucks.

but water sucks.
    It's really the flavor that gets me.

Blueberry frosted

Blueberry frosted
    Blueberry frosted water? Blech.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Blueberry frosted water? Blech.

-jk

If only! I do drink about 120 oz of water a day. As I noted it is transactional, I don't get much pleasure from drinking it, but do feel better on days where I drink that much. If I hit that number early, I do allow myself the occasional glass of Tropical Punch or Grape KoolAid.

If only! I do drink about 120 oz of water a day. As I noted it is transactional, I don't get any pleasure from drinking it, but do feel better on days where I drink that much. If I hit that number early, I do allow myself the occasional glass of Tropical Punch or Grape KoolAid.
    A day?!?! No one can do that! Do you mean a week?!?!

A day?!?! No one can do that! Do you mean a week?!?!
    You have pushups. I have water.

Though I used to do pushups a plenty back in the day. 82 was the magic number.

You have pushups. I have water.

Though I used to do pushups a plenty back in the day. 82 was the magic number.
    Like 82 was your max? Intrigued. And yes, I drink a ton of water too. But I hates it.

Like 82 was your max? Intrigued. And yes, I drink a ton of water too. But I hates it.
    82 push-ups (2 minutes)
    92 sit-ups (2 minutes)
    11:54 2 mile run

Those were the standards when I was in ROTC that would get you the max 300 score on the APFT. I could get the first 200 but was more often in the 13:00 range for the 2-mile. This was '89-'93. If you check FM21-20 now shows 13:00 as a 100 score for 17-26 year olds.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 02-21-2021 at 12:20 PM.

82 push-ups (2 minutes)
    92 sit-ups (2 minutes)
    11:54 2 mile run

Those were the standards when I was in ROTC that would get you the max 300 score. I could get the first 200 but was more often in the 13:00 range for the 2-mile. This was '89-'93. If you check FM21-20 now shows 13:00 as a 100 score for 17-26 year olds.
    I could do the pushups. I could probably grind out close to that in sit-ups. If I drive 2 miles I'm out of breath and pull over and puke.

I could do the pushups. I could probably grind out close to that in sit-ups. If I drive 2 miles I'm out of breath and pull over and puke.
    It was always interesting to note who among the freshman blew chunks on the first tested run. Usually, in late August before school starts. I'll confess, I was coming from AZ, the difference in humidity was an issue. Time was fine.

Gobble, gobble.

Gobble, gobble.
    Can you tell from my posts in the turkey thread and the betting thread from a couple of weeks ago that I am trying to get people who don't visit the LTE to wonder how I decided unilaterally that my meat power ranking was definitive? And it's not like I have an answer to that, I just think it's humorous to say it.

Can you tell from my posts in the turkey thread and the betting thread from a couple of weeks ago that I am trying to get people who don't visit the LTE to wonder how I decided unilaterally that my meat power ranking was definitive? And it's not like I have an answer to that, I just think it's humorous to say it.
    There's a betting thread?

I sure could use a good pie recipe.

I'm still bummed we didn't bring one of the tea kettles when we left Korea. We only drank boiled water and used it to make ice. The tea kettles were big. And we needed to boil the water for 20- 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm still bummed we didn't bring one of the tea kettles when we left Korea. We only drank boiled water and used it to make ice. The tea kettles were big. And we needed to boil the water for 20- 30 minutes.
    I'm using a 12 quart pot to boil my water. It actually may be even bigger than that. Yes, it take a long time to bring it to a boil.