Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Game time for East Carolina game Saturday set for noon. ACC Network Extra

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Note the date. This happened five weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Note the date. This happened five weeks ago.
    Oops... my bad. Saw it posted on another board today and assumed it was recent.

Thanks for clarifying.

down goes USC?

Wowwwwww

I was watching the Uconn men, so completely missed the fact that USC was going down. Ultimately a toss up game, but great great win for NCSU.

They're quietly putting together quite the program over there in raleigh.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Wowwwwww

I was watching the Uconn men, so completely missed the fact that USC was going down. Ultimately a toss up game, but great great win for NCSU.

I was suprised that they pulled it out... especially since they were without their second best player... PF Jada Boyd who is nursing a knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by triaddukefan View Post
    I was suprised that they pulled it out... especially since they were without their second best player... PF Jada Boyd who is nursing a knee injury.
    Wait, there's a woman named Jada who doesn't play for Duke?

Wowwwwww

New sheriff in town.

State packed the lane and dared South Carolina to knock down perimeter shots. They couldn't do it.

New sheriff in town.

State packed the lane and dared South Carolina to knock down perimeter shots. They couldn't do it.
    I'll need to watch more of the cocks. Daring teams to knock down threes is a risky strategy, and clearly worked for them. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a poor shooting team and will consistently shoot poorly. There is a lot of intrigue on the women's side as well. Would be nice if the huskies could get out of the gate
    1200. DDMF.

How's this for meaningless? Duke doesn't make espn's first bracketology. Not even in the first 4 out, or next 4 out.

Let's show those "geniuses", ladies.

(I didn't include a link because it's not worth clicking on)

Nothing quiet about it. We has won 23+ games four years in a row. Finished 4th or better in the conference those four years. Won the ACCT last season and has been to two sweet 16s in the last two NCAATs. Been ranked in the top 10 each of the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Nothing quiet about it. We has won 23+ games four years in a row. Finished 4th or better in the conference those four years. Won the ACCT last season and has been to two sweet 16s in the last two NCAATs. Been ranked in the top 10 each of the past two seasons.
    Finishing 4th in a conference means nothing in the grand scheme of things in women's basketball, nor does being to the sweet 16. For top programs, those seasons would be considered massive failures. You'll note that Duke has done those things plenty of times and just fired their coach.

Winning the ACCT is a much bigger deal, it's quiet because it turns out there were bigger global issues the past spring, and in the end, and as such, the media aren't particularly talking about them, rightly or wrongly. NCSU will also need to up their OOC schedule. Their schedule last year was...lame...though clearly with getting to USC this year, the message is heard loud and clear. They're at the big time now.
    1200. DDMF.

Finishing 4th in a conference means nothing in the grand scheme of things in women's basketball, nor does being to the sweet 16. For top programs, those seasons would be considered massive failures. You'll note that Duke has done those things plenty of times and just fired their coach.

Winning the ACCT is a much bigger deal, it's quiet because it turns out there were bigger global issues the past spring, and in the end, and as such, the media aren't particularly talking about them, rightly or wrongly. NCSU will also need to up their OOC schedule. Their schedule last year was...lame...though clearly with getting to USC this year, the message is heard loud and clear. They're at the big time now.
    Duke didn't fire its coach. She resigned. Her contract was expiring and she knew she would not be re-upped. But she was not fired.

And no one had won the ACC women's tournament except Notre Dame and Louisville since they joined the ACC until State won last season.

Went to youtube to see the Formula 1/Grosjean crash I had heard about (pretty spectacular, I'll post it on 'did you see that'), but one of their offerings to me was a nice HS video of our frosh de Jesus. Apologies if it has been posted before but I don't remember it, and it shows her potential.

And no one had won the ACC women's tournament except Notre Dame and Louisville since they joined the ACC until State won last season.
    I acknowledged that it is an accomplishment, and that it likely did not necessarily get the noise it deserved at the time due to the sports world completely falling apart days later and thus their inability to capitalize on it in the tournament.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Wait, there's a woman named Jada who doesn't play for Duke?
    They only have two Jada's. Duke>State

And Notre Dame was crap last year, and Louisville was upset by 2 points by FSU in the semis. Not to make light of the Wuffettes' accomplishment, Duke would have surely traded places with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    And Notre Dame was crap last year, and Louisville was upset by 2 points by FSU in the semis. Not to make light of the Wuffettes' accomplishment, Duke would have surely traded places with them.
    yeah that's the point. it's not like they were making a huge splash by taking down a top 5 team in a huge upset to win the ACCT...That, and not being able to strut their stuff on the big stage all lead to it not being "noticed" like it would be had they taken down a dominant ND team and then went on an E8/F4 run. And now here they are knocking off a totally dominant USC team, who was the consensus favorite to have been the national champions.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Upcoming opponent 5th ranked Louisville shredded 20th ranked DePaul tonight, 116-75. And it looks like they mercifully let off the brakes in the 4th.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Mikaela Boykin checks in for the first time this season. Missed her first two shots, but good sign.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est