Page 893 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 39379384388389189289389489590394399313931893 ... LastLast
Results 17,841 to 17,860 of 67238
    After much delay, my brother is finally on his way to Paris Island. Just swore in and hopped on the bus.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    After much delay, my brother is finally on his way to Paris Island. Just swore in and hopped on the bus.

Semper Fi.
    What's his weight?

Just kidding, of course. Wow - that is after vary much delay. Hope he comes back safe and sound to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What's his weight?

Just kidding, of course. Wow - that is after vary much delay. Hope he comes back safe and sound to his family.
    Weight and cinder block measurements unknown

Weight and cinder block measurements unknown
    Vertical?

eFG%

40 yard crawl time?

How many (bottle) reps?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Little girl, their first child.
    Thank you!

Ok, with the twitter sphere urging Canadians to tell American they are great and Americans telling Canada thank you, I had to pause and thing about all of my favorite Canadian authors that wankering better than Bob Dylan.

Robertson Davies (deceased, so, no longer eligible but better than Bob Dylan nonetheless)
    Michael Ondaatje (Every year I hope it's going to be him. I'd have given it to him a long time ago.)
    Margaret Atwood
    Rohinton Mistry
    Yann Martel
    William Gibson (hey, if Dylan can win it for creating a new genre, Gibson can win it for creating cyberpunk)

Also in the no longer eligible category
    Margaret Laurence
    Timothy Findley
    Farley Mowatt

Alas, this list makes me even more depressed, wankin' Bob Dylan. Why? I've lost so much respect for the award. It will never be the same for me.

It isn't Dylan's fault is it? He didn't have to submit anything did he? I've been skeptical on the whole Nobel thing for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It isn't Dylan's fault is it? He didn't have to submit anything did he? I've been skeptical on the whole Nobel thing for quite some time.
    No, it's not his fault. But I'm still taking it out on him. Do I have to be fair about this? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No, it's not his fault. But I'm still taking it out on him. Do I have to be fair about this? Really?
    "Well it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
    Ifin' you don't know by now
    An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
    It'll never do some how..."

If you can accept that Dylan's lyrics are akin to poetry, then it's hard to dispute that Bob has been one of the most influential poet of several generations.

I'm a Bob fan, and think it's well-deserved.

But let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Semper Fi.
    Well, it's about time. I wish him all the best.

ricks

So, when can Bruce expect his? Okay, maybe not for his mid 80s stuff but maybe for Born To Run?

So, when can Bruce expect his? Okay, maybe not for his mid 80s stuff but maybe for Born To Run?
    "And the poets down here
    Don't write nothing at all
    They just stand back and let it all be"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you can accept that Dylan's lyrics are akin to poetry, then it's hard to dispute that Bob has been one of the most influential poet of several generations.

But let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
    I always associate that song with Jimi.

I always associate that song with Jimi.
    The fact that so many musicians cover Dylan probably says a lot. Jimi's version is much more famous than the original for sure.

It's not so much that I don't consider Dylan a poet, it's that when it comes to great works of literature, I can name 9 Canadians off the top of my head whose work I consider a greater contribution to literature. (And that's just Canadians.) Yes, great songs engender great emotion and yes, more people know the work of Bob Dylan than know the work of Michael Ondaatje, but that doesn't make Dylan better than Ondaatje.

Why mention Canadians - they've only ever had one Nobel Laureate in literature - Alice Munro.

The US only has 4 - Pearl Buck, William Faulkner, Toni Morrison and now, Bob Dylan. Yep, the Nobel Prize in Literature is a crap award. Worse than peace. They get it right sometimes but still - look at that list. Dylan!?!

Good morning! Hoping everyone has a great day!

Thanks Ymo! I am going to take your good wishes and try to make them a reality. Even the weezie needs a mood makeover every so often.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Today is going to be a good day. I don'y know why, I just know that it will be.

Today is going to be a good day. I don'y know why, I just know that it will be.
    Just don't use your AK