Page 1314 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3148141214126413041312131313141315131613241364141418142314 ... LastLast
Results 26,261 to 26,280 of 67371
    Anyone know how to change exhaust manifold gaskets on a 1971 Pontiac? And have a lift I can borrow?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In the low 80s here today, with mid to high 80s tomorrow. Fans on for air circulation. This is the downside to this area. Sometimes we skip straight to summer. Or as the locals like to say, "That was a nice two weeks of spring."
    This weather also generates a lot of fog on the low lying areas. Unfortunately, I’m not high enough on the hill to be able to provide a good pictorial view.

And while it wasn’t napalm, I imagine the gentlemen in front of me on the escalator in his best LTC Kilgore fashion stated, “I love the smell of Brut in the morning” as he splashed half the bottle upon himself.

And while it wasn’t napalm, I imagine the gentlemen in front of me on the escalator in his best LTC Kilgore fashion stated, “I love the smell of Brut in the morning” as he splashed half the bottle upon himself.
    That is an Apocalypse Now reference does those that don’t know.

That is an Apocalypse Now reference does those that don’t know.

I went down the river where they filmed that movie in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I went down the river where they filmed that movie in the Philippines.
    Awesome! That is a huge gap in my world travels. Haven’t been west of Hawaii. Need to hit Japan at some point. My parents were going on a cruise to there later this month that got cancelled. My father wanted to visit the family castle one last time and at 80 he isn’t moving around as well as he used to.

Awesome! That is a huge gap in my world travels. Haven’t been west of Hawaii. Need to hit Japan at some point. My parents were going on a cruise to there later this month that got cancelled. My father wanted to visit the family castle one last time and at 80 he isn’t moving around as well as he used to.
    What part of Japan? I lived in Tokyo for 3 years as a kid - then to Seoul for 4 years. Next move took us to Texas - my 3rd foreign country

What part of Japan? I lived in Tokyo for 3 years as a kid - then to Seoul for 4 years. Next move took us to Texas - my 3rd foreign country
    I think this is it but should verify:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kōchi_Castle

My father was born in Tokyo, but my grandmother was from Seattle. Her family came to the US in the 1890s I believe. I have recordings of the family history from my father’s side. Less detail about my the Shinowara side of the family.

My father was born in Tokyo, but my grandmother was from Seattle. Her family came to the US in the 1890s I believe. I have recordings of the family history from my father’s side. Less detail about my the Shinowara side of the family.
    And that may be Shinohara rather than Shinowara. I’m always confused about the difference between Wang, Weng, Wong amongst Chinese descendants.

It's beautiful. I'm still bummed that I was too young to take advantage of traveling around Japan. There is so much I didn't see. I did a much better job of that when we lived in Korea.

It's beautiful. I'm still bummed that I was too young to take advantage of traveling around Japan. There is so much I didn't see. I did a much better job of that when we lived in Korea.
    I was lucky as a child when we lived in Germany in the ‘70s. My parents were very focused on taking us around as much of Europe as possible during our 3 years there. They bought a pop-up camper and using the family wagon, we drove all around Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, England and Scotland, Norway, and Sweden.

Ahhh, the Plymouth Volare...

I was lucky as a child when we lived in Germany in the ‘70s. My parents were very focused on taking us around as much of Europe as possible during our 3 years there. They bought a pop-up camper and using the family wagon, we drove all around Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, England and Scotland, Norway, and Sweden.

Ahhh, the Plymouth Volare...
    Korea was a mix of family trips and school trips. Family trips took me to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Bangkok, Switzerland, Italy, Manila, and Guam. Multiple stops in Hawaii as it was "on the way".

Being in elementary school while in Tokyo, I probably wouldn't have appreciated the travel as much. We did a trip to the mountains (KEEP) each year for Thanksgiving and went to Expo 70 in Osaka.

I joke about my "deprived" childhood.

I may have missed out on some benefits of living in the same place all my life but I wouldn't trade what I did have for anything. A most blessed childhood - great parents, great family, and great experiences.

February and March in the 7th grade trenches should come with combat pay.

I joke about my "deprived" childhood.

I may have missed out on some benefits of living in the same place all my life but I wouldn't trade what I did have for anything. A most blessed childhood - great parents, great family, and great experiences.
    It definitely provides a different view of the world than those who were relatively stationary in their childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    At a minimum Hazardous Duty Pay.

After lunch walk outside, it is beautiful out.

At a minimum Hazardous Duty Pay.
    Fair.
    To be crystal clear, I meant no slight or disrespect to those of you who’ve served in uniform, god forbid in actual combat.

Fair.
    To be crystal clear, I meant no slight or disrespect to those of you who’ve served in uniform, god forbid in actual combat.
    You are on the front line for disease vectors, sounds like hazardous duty some days and a combat zone the other days.

9 PM and still 80 degrees outside.