Page 1051 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 51551951100110411049105010511052105310611101115115512051 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,020 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I will be in Europe for 5 weeks starting in late August
    I take you want to be in Europe for 5 weeks - cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I take you want to be in Europe for 5 weeks - cool!
    Very much!

I'll spend two weeks in Greece volunteering with a program through my company, a week working in Madrid, and two weeks of vacation afterwards.

Not good news but interesting. The person we have rented a house from for Graduation weekend in Pittsburgh contacted my sister this week. He indicated that he is thinking of getting out of the home rental business (we found it on VRBO) starting 4/26 and so we might want to seek other accomodations. If we find them, he will let us out of the rental agreement with no penalty. The property shows rented days into August and showed days for next year's graduation as available. What are the odds that he found someone that wants to pay him more for the 3 nights? We are waiting him out. Funny thing is he hasn't adjusted his rates for next two graduation weekends, which have already been set.

Now, if he wants to make it worth our while and give us extra compensation for canceling, we might consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Not good news but interesting. The person we have rented a house from for Graduation weekend in Pittsburgh contacted my sister this week. He indicated that he is thinking of getting out of the home rental business (we found it on VRBO) starting 4/26 and so we might want to seek other accomodations. If we find them, he will let us out of the rental agreement with no penalty. The property shows rented days into August and showed days for next year's graduation as available. What are the odds that he found someone that wants to pay him more for the 3 nights? We are waiting him out. Funny thing is he hasn't adjusted his rates for next two graduation weekends, which have already been set.

Now, if he wants to make it worth our while and give us extra compensation for canceling, we might consider it.
    I suspect that is in violation of VRBOs agreements. I would guess that thirty or sixty days is required.

Also, I know that VRBO has dramatically increased their service charge in recent years, and this might be a factor as well. Lots of folks are finding other alternatives or renting directly to people who are familiar with them.

I say research the politicies, and hold out. Meantime, look for alternatives.

I’ve been here all week, a few more days to go!

Beats my one week next month! Where are you headed?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have an engine build that is now complete and gores to the dyno on Tuesday. Another engine should be dumped this week.

goes not gores

dynoed not dumped

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Beats my one week next month! Where are you headed?
    Athens, Madrid, Budapest, Prague, Dubrovnik and then all over Germany

What about yourself?

Athens, Madrid, Budapest, Prague, Dubrovnik and then all over Germany

What about yourself?
    Very cool! Budapest, Vienna and Bratislava.

I'll be staying in Budapest for most of the trip, but will stay one night in Vienna and take a small "excursion" to Bratislava.

Rome & Athens.

Unfortunately, both in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Rome & Athens.

Unfortunately, both in Georgia.

Hmmm, not really a vacation then?

Woo-hoo! The missus got a new job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Congrats! Doing what?

Rolling admissions - number 2 son has gotten into University of Vermont and University of Rhode Island as a transfer student. Taking both potential Catamounts up to Burlington next Friday.

I have a very good friend who has been sent by her company to London so often this year that they've rented her a 2 bedroom apartment there. She wants me to come visit in September.

...I have a very good friend who has been sent by her company to London so often this year that they've rented her a 2 bedroom apartment there. She wants me to come visit in September.

Excellent study opportunity abroad for the Mmmm Beer thread.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Rolling admissions - number 2 son has gotten into University of Vermont and University of Rhode Island as a transfer student. Taking both potential Catamounts up to Burlington next Friday.

I have a very good friend who has been sent by her company to London so often this year that they've rented her a 2 bedroom apartment there. She wants me to come visit in September.
    I lived in Burlington for a year and a half. Gorgeous town, great people, beautiful parks and forests.

But there's this little thing called "winter" I simply couldn't wrap my NC born head around.

I don’t want vacation to end.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t want vacation to end.
    Been there. Wished that.

(Didn't help... Good luck!)

-jk

Hi, y’all! I’m catching up over here and avoiding work that needs to be done - a grant and taxes. Good times.