Page 2854 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 18542354275428042844285228532854285528562864290429543354 ... LastLast
Results 57,061 to 57,080 of 67390
    It’s Giving Tuesday! Give a little if you’re able to your favorite non-profit.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It’s Giving Tuesday! Give a little if you’re able to your favorite non-profit.
    To that end, here's a shameless plug...
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    To that end, here's a shameless plug...
    How is the local living wage determined?

How is the local living wage determined?
    Our organization uses numbers for one bedroom apartment rentals directly from HUD. We operate in a four-year rolling average to keep numbers from spiking or dipping in a reactionary way.

We take that average for the rental and multiply the total cost my 3 (the income most landlords and rental agencies want to see for qualification) and extrapolate an hourly wage.

It's been a game of "catch up" as late, as the rent from 1/20 to 1/21 rose 25%, but everyone across the board is reacting to dramatically increased costs.

Personal plug - I'm the Living Wage Program Coordinator, and we currently run the largest employer certification program in the country!

Thanks for the question and feel free to PM if you would like more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Our organization uses numbers for one bedroom apartment rentals directly from HUD. We operate in a four-year rolling average to keep numbers from spiking or dipping in a reactionary way.

We take that average for the rental and multiply the total cost my 3 (the income most landlords and rental agencies want to see for qualification) and extrapolate an hourly wage.

It's been a game of "catch up" as late, as the rent from 1/20 to 1/21 rose 25%, but everyone across the board is reacting to dramatically increased costs.

Personal plug - I'm the Living Wage Program Coordinator, and we currently run the largest employer certification program in the country!

Thanks for the question and feel free to PM if you would like more information.
    Cool. Thanks for the info, I may ping you. It’s coming up in my line of work with respect to paying suppliers globally a living wage.

Cool. Thanks for the info, I may ping you. It’s coming up in my line of work with respect to paying suppliers globally a living wage.
    There's a GREAT organization called Living Wage for US that does national living wage certification. Great for supply chain situations.

Tuesday you irredeemable I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

Good Wednesday morning!

Is it April 1st?

"Farts say more about your health than you think — now, scientists are listening"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...969a34a7e61671
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Is it April 1st?

"Farts say more about your health than you think — now, scientists are listening"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wel...969a34a7e61671
    😂
    What’s new — Ancalle and Maia Gatlin, an aerospace engineer at the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), created a mechanical device loaded with pumps, nozzles, and tubes meant to recreate the physics — and sounds — of human bodily function. They named it the Synthetic Human Acoustic Reproduction Testing machine (yep, S.H.A.R.T.).

😂
    What’s new — Ancalle and Maia Gatlin, an aerospace engineer at the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), created a mechanical device loaded with pumps, nozzles, and tubes meant to recreate the physics — and sounds — of human bodily function. They named it the Synthetic Human Acoustic Reproduction Testing machine (yep, S.H.A.R.T.).
    Yeah, that was going to be my go-to quote from the article, but I thought the headline was enticing enough.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

They are each a helluvan engineer.

Wilson will be devastated to know that one of the singers, Christine McVie, from his favorite band, Fleetwood Mac, has passed.

Anybody local interested in a last-minute ticket to the game tonight? Possibly two tickets, if you are willing to pay face value.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Anybody local interested in a last-minute ticket to the game tonight? Possibly two tickets, if you are willing to pay face value.
    Normally the answer would be yes but I'm in Cincinnati.

And I miss you and I miss Wilson on here Aimo.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Normally the answer would be yes but I'm in Cincinnati.

And I miss you and I miss Wilson on here Aimo.
    You miss ME? Where have I been?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You miss ME? Where have I been?
    Not around a ton.

Pretty psyched about that Cocaine Bear movie.

2 of my favorite things.

Should have picked the field.