Page 109 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 67370
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sheesh-missed by 5. That's what I get for trying to work and post in the same minute.
    I know not of this 'work' of which you speak.

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I know not of this 'work' of which you speak.
    work-"loosely" defined as performing a task for which one expects to be reasonably compensated financially within a relatively well-defined (and somewhat short) period of time: see also, employment . (that certainly has the potential to open up some lengthy discussions)

reasonably...hmmm, I thought the goal of seeking work was to find the person or organization that would most unreasonably(to the upside) compensate you for the least amount of effort. In other words, income maximization.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I just noticed that we hit 2000 posts on the 5 month anniversary of this thread!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I just noticed that we hit 2000 posts on the 5 month anniversary of this thread!
    This thread has been going on for five months. God, we desperately need to get lives.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    colchar, I'm sure you have a life. Me? I have over 10% of the posts to this thread.

That's 13.3 posts a day to this thread.

Or a post for each of the original colonies of the United States.

I wonder if the technology were available back then, if the leaders would get together and demand that each colony post one time to this thread on a daily basis.

Also, I bet George Washington had some mad hops, and could dunk all over the round mound of rebound, Ben E. Frank.

Lastly, I'm convinced Bene Frank was an alien or was from the future. Dude was the Da Vinci (sp?) of his era, and scored with the chicks too!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    This thread has been going on for five months. God, we desperately need to get lives.
    Yeah, no kidding! I find this thread very Seinfeldian. It's essentially about nothing most of the time and yet we keep finding new nothings to talk about.

I freely admit that I hate my job primarily because of its unending boredom and concomitant hours-long opportunities to post stuff on the DBR. What's y'all's excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Yeah, no kidding! I find this thread very Seinfeldian. It's essentially about nothing most of the time and yet we keep finding new nothings to talk about.

I freely admit that I hate my job primarily because of its unending boredom and concomitant hours-long opportunities to post stuff on the DBR. What's y'all's excuse?
    That was my excuse until I changed jobs at the new year. Now, I think it's an addiction. (Hi, my name is DA, and I'm a DBR-OT-aholic?)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    That was my excuse until I changed jobs at the new year. Now, I think it's an addiction. (Hi, my name is DA, and I'm a DBR-OT-aholic?)
    I fall into the addiction category also. If we recognize the addiction, is that a good sign? I'm not planning on doing anything about the addiction - I figure it is enough to recognize that I have the addiction.

Not an addiction

I don't consider this thread an addiction. Rather a group of friends who periodically stop at the coffee shop and have conversations about nothing, to borrow from the pub analogy used often in reference to DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Also, I bet George Washington had some mad hops, and could dunk all over the round mound of rebound, Ben E. Frank.
    You think so? I had Ben Franklin on the all defensive team. "Energy and persistence conquer all things". - BEF

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    You think so? I had Ben Franklin on the all defensive team. "Energy and persistence conquer all things". - BEF
    Good point. Also, I could see him utilizing the "apple" defense against the likes of Dr. J. You know, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I will consider your point.

Abe Lincoln. Now THERE'S a man with mad skillz!

-Ej

A friend of mine sent an e-mail to me with the following content. I liked it, and wanted to share......because I, EarlJam, like you.

Take the phrase "mans laughter", which sounds pretty happy, then run it
    together, and you get "manslaughter." That doesn't seem right to me.

Also, downstairs in our building, there's a door that says "emergency
    exit." But underneath that, it says "This door must remain closed at ALL
    times." So, if it's always closed, how do we get out?

-EarlJam, lover of humans that are good humans

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    A friend of mine sent an e-mail to me with the following content. I liked it, and wanted to share......because I, EarlJam, like you.

Take the phrase "mans laughter", which sounds pretty happy, then run it
    together, and you get "manslaughter." That doesn't seem right to me.

Also, downstairs in our building, there's a door that says "emergency
    exit." But underneath that, it says "This door must remain closed at ALL
    times." So, if it's always closed, how do we get out?

-EarlJam, lover of humans that are good humans
    "In case of emergency, break glass."

Yeah, then WHAT?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    "In case of emergency, break glass."

Yeah, then WHAT?!?

Not to quote myself, but with this post I finally have half (actually, .5 over half) the posts that Earljam has!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Not to quote myself, but with this post I finally have half (actually, .5 over half) the posts that Earljam has!
    How far are you from a triple double!?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I don't consider this thread an addiction. Rather a group of friends who periodically stop at the coffee shop and have conversations about nothing, to borrow from the pub analogy used often in reference to DBR.
    Oooh - Can I be Phoebe?

I want to purchase a bicycle.

On the crossbar, I want to paint the name of the bike. I will name it "Vicious."

When people see me on my new bike, and ask me about it. I will look at them and say, "Yeah, my new bike. It's a vicious cycle."

Ha. Ha. Whew. Crap, I'm tired.

-EarlJam

Smile That makes two of us!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    DA, the two of us rode the DBR-OT good karma tsunami to new and improved jobs and now post on said board because of an addiction of sorts. Is there some irony in there somewhere?

I can say, though, that I don't post at work now.