Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
    If Johnson can play ...why not start him ?
    Watch him - his defense has been horrible and he is fighting to catch his breath. Shouldn’t be playing let alone starting.

team is playing plenty hard. this is the same team that is 3-0 in the acc....except instead of being able to meat it out against winless ACC teams, this is a ranked VT team. Worse than I expected so far, but not terribly unexpected.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Did anyone else notice Buckmire checking in for fifteen seconds?!? Whaaaaa?!?
    I did - he put in Buckmire and Baker on that last defensive possession. Though I must admit, I’m not sure why.

They shot lights out. If they cool down and we take care of the ball we have a chance. Would like to see more motion and fluidity on offense.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    VT is fun to watch. Cone has incredible lift and explosion on his shot. Radford is one of the best rebounders I have seen. He must have been up around 11 feet on one of his boards. Great timing.

Heck of a bounce for Hurt at the end of the half. Roach has looked good. On the whole though I think Duke is lucky to only be down by 12. Feels like it should be more. I think Duke is showing some fight and will continue to claw back into it but I think they will run out of juice a the end.

I think the announcers said VT is shooting 66%, Coach K will not like that. But VT is getting every look thy want and can hurt you in many ways. Tough game for Duke's D to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    They shot lights out. If they cool down and we take care of the ball we have a chance. Would like to see more motion and fluidity on offense.
    Well... I think they shot lights out because we could not force them into bad shots. Yeah, they were hitting but it was all the shot they wanted. Good D means making the other team take shots they don’t want to take.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Duke is playing hard, just not smart. VT is clicking on all cylinders. It is going to be hard for Duke to claw back in as the depth is just not there. Keep fighting and showing heart
    I don’t think Buck would have been in the game in K thought we were playing hard.
    GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    I don’t think Buck would have been in the game in K thought we were playing hard.
    Playing hard and playing smart are two different things. Coach K is trying everything to get a spark. It doesn't mean guys aren't playing hard. Duke is often playing 3 freshman. Communication is bad as expected due to their inexperience. VT is a good team with an even better coach. Their game plan has been great.

Buck came in so Roach would not pick up a 3rd foul on Defense. Unfortunately, we lost sight of a guy (not sure whose fault) and we give up an old fashion 3 point play. Roach was back infor offense for the last play.

What a horrible call on the three. There was no foul, the guy just fell down!

What a flop! Steward didn’t touch him!

Missed opportunities after cutting the lead to 1. Really terrible 3 point attempts by Moore and Goldwire.

Why did we just jack up two horrible threes early in the clock????? We are finally competing and getting back into the game and then we have to brick two ill-advised threes? It is mind-boggling.

Hurt with some really nice moves. He is feeling it. Duke playing good defense and with good energy. And then Moore and Goldwire throw up two of the ugliest shots of the game on back to back possessions.

Joey Baker is earning some minutes tonight. Such great hustle and smart defense. Now, can he please hit a shot or two on offense?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I just can’t stand listening to Corey Alexander.

Sorry, but that flagrant is an awful call.

We would be in the lead if we would stop bonehead decisions on offense. Hurt got reamed on the double foul.Offensive rebounding needs to improve.Nice steal but no points again.Shooting has to get better. Nice Steward!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sorry, but that flagrant is an awful call.

how does he keep his job, terrible

Good god, don’t give the ball to Goldwire for the layup!!! Why?!?!?