Page 214 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 1141642042122132142152162242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 67662
    My day got off to a bad start - GMA was airing from the campus of UNC. It got vastly better - the weather was beautiful, we had a decent turnout for a workday at church - pulled many weeds and trimmed bushes, and I got to sing with friends. Now I'm off to package leftover pork to take to new mothers at church and a friend recovering from back surgery. The day definitely improved from a disturbing start.

It's Saturday night and I'm beat. Four hours in the studio today, driving back and forth on the 405, a long week at work and I'm not really up to heading out tonight. Everyone is sitting around hoping I'll change my mind. What I really need is a beer and someone to draft behind so I can crack 1300 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    It's Saturday night and I'm beat. Four hours in the studio today, driving back and forth on the 405, a long week at work and I'm not really up to heading out tonight. Everyone is sitting around hoping I'll change my mind. What I really need is a beer and someone to draft behind so I can crack 1300 tonight.
    I say you go for the beer.

I'm procrastinating - I should be baking cookies. 1300 is just a dream for me - but 600 is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I say you go for the beer.

I'm procrastinating - I should be baking cookies. 1300 is just a dream for me - but 600 is possible.
    Beer is taken care of. Unfortunately, we're heading out the door so now PW frenzy for me tonight. Yet.

Beer is taken care of. Unfortunately, we're heading out the door so now PW frenzy for me tonight. Yet.
    Have a good time. And this gets me to 600 - so off to bake cookies.

Have a good time. And this gets me to 600 - so off to bake cookies.
    Mr. DA got a hankering for something sweet, so decided to make brownies. We've still got 20 min. of baking time to go...

Too early in the morning for brownies for me, though I have been known to call them or leftover cake/pie a meal(breakfast).

I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Too early in the morning for brownies for me, though I have been known to call them or leftover cake/pie a meal(breakfast).
    I had leftover apple crisp for breakfast this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Mr. DA got a hankering for something sweet, so decided to make brownies. We've still got 20 min. of baking time to go...
    I made a version of oatmeal cookies - substituted cranberries for raisins and put them in small muffin tins. When I made them a few weeks ago, which was the first time I'd ever made oatmeal raisin cookies, they spread too much and were hard to get off the cookie sheet in one piece. If I make them again, I'll try using regular size muffin tins so that they are a little thinner.

Post #500 in this thread for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Who will win at Dover?
    Looks like the Kyle Busch steamroller ran out of steam or roll or both...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Looks like the Kyle Busch steamroller ran out of steam or roll or both...
    And that cost me dearly. I am now in 3rd place, thanks to Kyle.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

I'll fall just short of Ymo tonight. Guess we should have returned from Lexington sooner.

Brownies

Wow! It was a brownie weekend this past weekend. I know of several people, myself included, who made brownies this weekend.

After I made my batch, I realized I should have put peanut butter chips in the mix. They would have tasted soooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I made a version of oatmeal cookies - substituted cranberries for raisins and put them in small muffin tins. When I made them a few weeks ago, which was the first time I'd ever made oatmeal raisin cookies, they spread too much and were hard to get off the cookie sheet in one piece. If I make them again, I'll try using regular size muffin tins so that they are a little thinner.
    Special recipes from either of you? If so, you know where they go. I'd really love to see devildeac's pairing with cranberry oatmeal thingies (muffins or cookies DIK?).

lte

Special recipes from either of you? If so, you know where they go. I'd really love to see devildeac's pairing with cranberry oatmeal thingies (muffins or cookies DIK?).
    From your fingertips to my laptop:

Might I suggest some Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic (though I really don't like this too much) or any of the plethora of pumpkin ales now brewed to accompany your muffins/cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From your fingertips to my laptop:

Might I suggest some Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic (though I really don't like this too much) or any of the plethora of pumpkin ales now brewed to accompany your muffins/cookies?
    Yes, agreed that pumpkin ales go with muffins & cookies ... but I don't see why you would not consider going pumpkin ale with a cakey apple cider donut.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yes, agreed that pumpkin ales go with muffins & cookies ... but I don't see why you would not consider going pumpkin ale with a cakey apple cider donut.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    If it's "cakey", then is it still a donut just 'cuz it's round?

Pumpkin bread/nuts/no nuts/chips/no chips-beer of choice? probably the same as above. What if the pumpkin bread is made round as in a bundt pan? Extremely large "donut" or cake? What if you take said batter and put it in little circles on a baking tray? Donuts or just small, round cakes?

Might have to do with sugar content, too.

Then again, how many times have you/will you pair beer with your AM pastries, specifically donuts? Or, how many times will you/have you had donuts for dessert (lunch/dinner/late night) and then had a nice micro to wash it down?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If it's "cakey", then is it still a donut just 'cuz it's round?

Pumpkin bread/nuts/no nuts/chips/no chips-beer of choice? probably the same as above. What if the pumpkin bread is made round as in a bundt pan? Extremely large "donut" or cake? What if you take said batter and put it in little circles on a baking tray? Donuts or just small, round cakes?

Might have to do with sugar content, too.

Then again, how many times have you/will you pair beer with your AM pastries, specifically donuts? Or, how many times will you/have you had donuts for dessert (lunch/dinner/late night) and then had a nice micro to wash it down?
    Unless you fry the batter/dough, it's a cake/muffin/bread/whatever. Donuts must be fried. I can think of maybe a dozen or more times where I would've A) enjoyed a donut with my beer or,
    B) enjoyed a beer with my donut.

College was rough.

What beer goes best with chili? Anybody have a good chili recipe? Chili with real meat, not turkey or some other fowl.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    What beer goes best with chili? Anybody have a good chili recipe? Chili with real meat, not turkey or some other fowl.
    see the chili recipe and beer suggestion in the recipe thread