Page 1577 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 57710771477152715671575157615771578157915871627167720772577 ... LastLast
Results 31,521 to 31,540 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've accomplished half of a huge task.
    I think you deserve to rest for the remainder of September!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I think you deserve to rest for the remainder of September!
    Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Started the day bright and early swinging a metaphoric 2x4 between the eyes of the contractor.
    First, you have to get their attention.
    It is so frustrating to have to show your tail just to get basic customer service.

I actually had a wonderful experience with a Belk CR rep regarding a missing refund. Wonderful in the sense that she actually cared, seemed to know what she was doing, was frustrated over the lack of response to that point. Once I actually GET the refund, I will be completely satisfied with the experience.

Regarding contractors, I have not had to deal with many at all. I have some home projects I need to look into, but stories like your scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It is so frustrating to have to show your tail just to get basic customer service.

I actually had a wonderful experience with a Belk CR rep regarding a missing refund. Wonderful in the sense that she actually cared, seemed to know what she was doing, was frustrated over the lack of response to that point. Once I actually GET the refund, I will be completely satisfied with the experience.

Regarding contractors, I have not had to deal with many at all. I have some home projects I need to look into, but stories like your scare me.
    I probably did everything wrong in picking my last contractor. I picked him up in line at a coffee shop*, didn't check references, didn't get other estimates, and left town for part of the project. Before I left town, I asked if he could re-center the range as it was closer to the counter on one side than the other due to how the countertops were installed (by someone other than one of his crew). He had already noticed it and had them come out and re-set the countertop. Worth the money for that alone - plus he had some great suggestions.

* I realized he was a contractor based on a shirt he was wearing. I had seen him, and exchanged a few brief words, in the coffee shop for well over a year as he attended a Bible study at the same time I was going to my Emmaus reunion group.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Ugh, doing exactly that on hold with a doctor's office right now. Really losing my patience with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've accomplished half of a huge task.
    Does that deserve a one-handed round of applause?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I probably did everything wrong in picking my last contractor. I picked him up in line at a coffee shop*, didn't check references, didn't get other estimates, and left town for part of the project. Before I left town, I asked if he could re-center the range as it was closer to the counter on one side than the other due to how the countertops were installed (by someone other than one of his crew). He had already noticed it and had them come out and re-set the countertop. Worth the money for that alone - plus he had some great suggestions.

* I realized he was a contractor based on a shirt he was wearing. I had seen him, and exchanged a few brief words, in the coffee shop for well over a year as he attended a Bible study at the same time I was going to my Emmaus reunion group.
    Had he been wearing a stethoscope, would you have asked him to remove your appendix?
    Sounds like you chose well...lots of contractors out there who shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Had he been wearing a stethoscope, would you have asked him to remove your appendix?
    Sounds like you chose well...lots of contractors out there who shouldn't be.
    No on the doctor question.

I went with him because of his honest (or so it seemed to me) answer to my question about running a gas line for a gas cook top and using a plumber. The rest I based on my feelings about his integrity when he answered my questions. I felt comfortable having him and/or his subcontractors in my house while I was at work. I realize I was lucky in this.

I have a history of selecting contractors without estimates. I had my nephew's baseball coach do my bathroom. His wife said I could come use their shower during the job - I took that as a good sign.

Spleen yes, appendix definitely not!

I think Dr. Nick Riviera will still perform any operation for $99.99, so we still have that option!

I think Dr. Nick Riviera will still perform any operation for $99.99, so we still have that option!
    He must have adopted the Earl Schieb model for auto body repair/painting.

Inflammable means flammable?

Is that the with or without anesthesia price?

I'm tired.

Good morning...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good morning...
    Good morning!

I'm still kinda tired.

Go for a run?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Good morning!

I'm still kinda tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Go for a run?
    Agreed, morning exercise is a good pick me up.

Work from home has given me greater schedule flexibility and I'm fitter and healthier for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Work from home has given me greater schedule flexibility and I'm fitter and healthier for it.
    What's a Teuf?